Kings Island Halloween Haunt 2024 Discussion

BB1

20 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I think it would be a loss to loose the Eifel Tower for additional weekends.  If I recall correctly, typically the last weekend is the only weekend it's closed during haunt because they are adding the Christmas lights.

Last year the Eiffel Tower didn't close early like in years past. They just started the winterfest lights like immediatley after Haunt ended. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I think it would be a loss to loose the Eifel Tower for additional weekends.  If I recall correctly, typically the last weekend is the only weekend it's closed during haunt because they are adding the Christmas lights.

How often has ET been open this season? Would it be a loss or would it par the course?

1 hour ago, Orion-XL200 said:

True, but has the majority been mechanical or budget? 

Ive only been a couple of times this year but what I heard was a part got fried in a lightning strike and they had to wait on a part from intamin. I don't know how much labor they would save...if only one deck is open, they'd have a greeter, elevator operator and up top host.  Usually when the ride is down, they have two operators and the greeting station to tell people it's closed.

• Like 1

Poles have been set out presumably for the scare zones in Rivertown and Coney Mall, along with whatever is happening in front of the Kings Island Theater.

The lights and rigging in Area 72 have been set up as well:

20240823_201537.jpg

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, beastfan11 said:

Looks like the Haunt site is live:

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/haunt/attractions

New for this year… Pirates! 

IMG_0098.jpeg

(I’m old enough to remember the previous Pirate themed haunt. Yikes.) 

Hooked is all about pirates.  Now I also saw that Cornered is returning to a new location this time.  Wonder where it will be?

30 minutes ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

They didn't explain where the scare zone for hook is going to be.

I saw that. The other scare zones seem to be staying so my best guess is the path between Rivertown and Coney Mall but we’ll see. When I tried to pull up the Haunt map to see where it might be the calendar & map page only shows the calendar and I don’t see the Haunt map.  Also I noticed how when you click on rides or shows it just takes you to their normal pages. Seems like those aren’t available to view yet.

There are poles and a couple of light towers set up in front of the Kings Island Theater and the sign for the theater has been covered up. It seems likely that Hooked will be in that space along the pathway between International Street and Action Zone.

3 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I think Adventure Port would be a good location for Hooked. Kinda fits with the "port" theme.

I was thinking it will be better if Adventure port has Fiesta de los Muertos style theme, where it's a party atmosphere in a scare zone.

On 8/27/2024 at 12:39 PM, Timchat2 said:

There are poles and a couple of light towers set up in front of the Kings Island Theater and the sign for the theater has been covered up. It seems likely that Hooked will be in that space along the pathway between International Street and Action Zone.

Pumpkin Eater will be there, not Hooked.

I have a photo from a staff member showing this, they took it during off-hours so I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it... so to be safe I won't.

32 minutes ago, Coasterteam said:

Pumpkin Eater will be there, not Hooked.

I have a photo from a staff member showing this, they took it during off-hours so I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it... so to be safe I won't.

Location isn't as big a question as to how well it will be staffed with scare actors. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DonHelbig said:

Location isn't as big a question as to how well it will be staffed with scare actors. 

One can only hope we get a well-staffed scare-zone, walking through and seeing so few actors in a large area really makes it hard to feel "threatened" or "at-risk" of being scared.

5 hours ago, PKIVortex said:

Seen this today over near the SoB "station."0a981f941d288db3834f6f2ac27d69e4.jpg5950f596cba5cbc9ee17f1cfa37833f1.jpg363e33cfa18bcafa6a093d7a9e74ebc3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

This confirm three things.

1:  Outpost 5 do hate The Beast and did kill his son.
2:  RiverTown Mining Company is part of the K.I.U. (Kings Island Universe) now.
3:  Outpost 5 might get a Halloween Haunt maze for their upcoming new attraction. (More likely the RMC Hyper Hybrid coaster.)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PKIVortex said:

Seen this today over near the SoB atation.0a981f941d288db3834f6f2ac27d69e4.jpg5950f596cba5cbc9ee17f1cfa37833f1.jpg363e33cfa18bcafa6a093d7a9e74ebc3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Absolutely love whoever’s decision it was to put references to past attractions in their old ride areas (Such as the Phantom Theater car that was placed outside Boo Blasters)

• Like 7