Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 04/01/2020 in all areas

  1. We’re still encourage to go out and take walks, get fresh air. The governors order did not prohibit going outside for exercise.
  2. The folded maps are back? Hallelujah!!
  3. I learned my lesson already. You do not try and argue with him. You do not try and reason with him. He will continually avoid your replies and continue spouting the same thing over and over. It’s not worth it.
  4. I’m sure he’s going to infect millions if he goes out, flies his drone, then drive back home
  5. Here it is. Man, looks like we lost a bunch of rides.
  6. Well it's finally April (the month that was supposed to be when we would be riding Orion)! March 2020 was probably the longest month of my life lol! Hopefully hopefully hopefully (fingers crossed) that this is the final full month of not being able to visit the park (not counting on it though).
  7. why did you have to bring the coronavirus into this anyway, there is another thread. We are just trying to have a conversation about coasters
  8. And here is the name of the food stand : meteor canteen lol
  9. I found these pictures on a coaster discord channel. Not sure how they got them.
  10. Oh good lord buddy give it a break. We can talk about the drone video. He uploads multiple vides. Surprise, when he uploads new videos, things change at the Orion site. It's cool to discuss changes for a new record breaking coaster. I know it's not allowed. It is not posted here, and understandably so. It has been stated that it can be discussed. Also, corona has absolutely NOTHING to do with this. That is the equivalent of saying why are we talking on a forum we can spread the rona. It's all good, I do not mean to sound mean (I know its hard to interpret over the internet).
  11. I too am very pleased to see foldable maps return. I'm also delighted to see that each area's midways are color coded again. Something that hasn't been implemented in years. It is nice to see a continued acknowledgement of the park's individual areas.
  12. Look how much water used to be in Rivertown!! It looks like there was a little covered bridge over the lake that they drained to make Diamondback's splashdown. I never knew about that. Very cool.
  13. Is it just me or does it look like the on ride photo on Flight of Fear is returning. I think I see two camera symbols in Area 72.
  14. ^ I wish they would bring back the souvenir maps, they look stunning.
  15. You don't know how many times I have seen that qr code . I like that someone is still acknowledging April fools though.
  16. I’ve always thought right on the path directly across from Dodgem and the Skyline patio would be a great place for a Giant Wheel, like the Geauga one that KD got
  17. I don't understand the thought process of "can't have to many launch coasters" when we don't see any "we have to many chain lift coasters" comments. Every coaster has to get it's energy from somewhere, whether it be gravity from chain lift or if it is launched. Personally, I find a launch to be a little more exciting than the traditional chain lift and I am ok with more of them.
  18. There's a nice photo of it here. It was a Paramount casualty; I believe it was ripped out in the mid-90's along with the bridge over the pond in Oktoberfest.
  19. You know what would be awesome is if they bring back the old Kings Island logo for the 50th anniversary in 2022!
  20. It would be very smart of them to bring on-ride photos back with the increased traffic to FoF. I always loved seeing my photo after the ride. I'm so excited to see the finished Area 72!!
  21. Still sad to see Vortex not on the map
  22. I don’t think the footings mean anything — they are probably already gone. If not, they probably will be once crews get back to work, or the park decided it wasn’t worth spending the money to remove them right now. I certainly don’t think this is the beginning of some great teaser campaign.
  23. Cedar Point's 2020 map was released. I wonder when ours will.
  24. I used to be obsessed with Viking Fury years ago. I remember that would be one of the rides we would hit in order to end out the day. A local carnival in Maineville (that no longer takes place) one year had a swinging ship carnival ride. I didn't ride it though because for some reason I was scared. I also rode the swinging ship they had at Ober Gatlinburg years ago.
  25. On the whole launch coaster discussion, I hope KI's next launch coaster is more of a flashy coaster with something like a 75-90 mph launch and elements above 200 ft.
  26. This x1000. Rode Skyhawk last season at Cedar Point for the first time, and it was without a doubt the single best flat ride experience of my life!!!
  27. KIC is excited about the book, and we are looking forward to helping get the word out about it as well.
  28. It would be nice to have a flat ride or to in the mix for the family members waiting for FOF and Orion riders. Alternatively, they can just walk into Coney and hit those flats.
  29. Yep. I do all my running/biking at night. Hardly see a soul these days except for occasional Cops.
  30. First off why are we still talking about drone videos? Also, why are we endorsing someone to go out during a pandemic, and break a stay-at-home order?
  31. And these were countries with some of the most restrictive measures in place (see my post in the other thread on page 28 for a compare/contrast)....imagine what our second wave is gonna look like... unfortunately I see our country looking to "re-open" sooner than some of these countries did... The deadliest part of the 1918 flu pandemic was the second wave (it had three)..aren't we supposed to learn from history to not make the same mistakes....
  32. Racer is getting some love! https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2020/march/annual-care-keeps-the-racer-in-peak-operating-condition
  33. What was that on the map between Racer and FOF? I can't quite make it out. It's where the second Funpix logo is. It looks like a meteor photo op but i can't tell. Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
  34. ^ Holds back tears looking at The Vortex area. Meteor Canteen is the new restaurant. New seating area by Shake rattle and roll?
  35. Doesn't look the full map has been released yet just that low-res image on the blog post. It does have little boats going around the island.
  36. Actually Corona sales are up after an initial decline... https://adage.com/article/cmo-strategy/corona-beer-among-winners-coronavirus-sales-surge/2247211
  37. 2 points
    I can't speak for @BeeastFarmer, but I rode it in February. I had a love/hate experience with it myself. I loved it was the most unique ride experiences I have ever had on a coaster. It was VERY disorienting (which I guess is the point) but I got off and was a little dizzy and had a head ache for about 1/2 hr due to the forces and spinning. For me it was just a little to intense and is most definitely not rerideable. We were going to reride it before we got our first ride because it is a longer walk that getting to The Bat at KI, but my wife and I did not think our bodies could handle a reride so quick afterwards.
  38. Interesting quick read, amusement park chains are ripe for acquisition right now. IIRC Cedar Fair has preventive measures to prevent a hostile takeover after the Apollo deal. https://www.fool.com/amp/investing/2020/03/31/six-flags-shields-itself-from-takeover-with-a-one.aspx?__twitter_impression=true
  39. Also you created a good segway into mentioning that sharing info on the book on different aspects of social media and whichever outlets may be available to you would help too. The cool part is that this may be of interest to anyone from the Cincinnati area and/or have visited the park regularly - not just people who talk about it a lot like we do.
  40. Because the thread was encouraging someone to do something that the government as ordered us not to do.
  41. You never know. Seems like the uploader has total disregard for public health.
  42. Due to the coronavirus, the publisher will not be able to begin editing until June.
  43. Some scenery news on Area 72. The left light post behind F.O.F. gate is completely wrecked by a meteoroid, and it's landed next to it cover by chain linked fences. Banner on the same gate have been put up. Their is some type of symbol and letter on the sign behind the vista-point support. (You can only see it up close if you look down, or go into the queue line for Orion.) Shads been supported and soon to be color. "That's all over."
  44. Yeah that's true. I definitely don't think they'll reuse it, but I also have a bad case of wishful thinking.
  45. I understand. I just wanted to know when they would turn it back on.
This leaderboard is set to New York/GMT-04:00
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.