Holiday World - New for 2024

The more I think about this coaster the more I love it.  It just fits the park.  While I am sure Top Thrill 2 will be the better coaster.  I think Holiday World had the better announcement.  It also definitely has the better name.  Good Gravy is going to produce some some good merch.  

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
12 hours ago, Orion-XL200 said:

I don't know why, but I'm more excited about this ride than I think I should be haha! Will be a nice solid addition for Holiday World.! 

Holiday World has done a terrific job in building awareness and excitement for Good Gravy! 

• Like 3

And they allowed adequate time to complete the job so that it is done in time for opening day.  I am not complaining about KI opening rides around Memorial day since the park is open until end of December with Winterfest.  It just seems like Holiday World allowed ample time to execute their design in a reasonable manner, which will ultimately produce a better finished product.

• Like 2

Maybe one of the reasons KI waited in starting was because of the last few months the park is open for WinterFest. Could we imagine how upset guests would be, if half of Planet Snoopy wasn’t open for it? Woodstock Gliders and Linus Launcher needing repainted, and possibly Snoopy Boutique being closed for the new restaurant. I would take opening Camp Snoopy around Memorial Day, before closing half of Planet Snoopy during WinterFest. But Good Gravy is looking sweet though! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Imperial79 said:

Maybe one of the reasons KI waited in starting was because of the last few months the park is open for WinterFest. Could we imagine how upset guests would be, if half of Planet Snoopy wasn’t open for it? Woodstock Gliders and Linus Launcher needing repainted, and possibly Snoopy Boutique being closed for the new restaurant. I would take opening Camp Snoopy around Memorial Day, before closing half of Planet Snoopy during WinterFest. But Good Gravy is looking sweet though! 

I mean the area where the coaster will be was already sectioned off. I think most are surprised that Good Gravy is essentially ready but SSBR isn't vertical yet. Could the track had already been installed? More than likely if it was on site.

58 minutes ago, Orion-XL200 said:

I mean the area where the coaster will be was already sectioned off. I think most are surprised that Good Gravy is essentially ready but SSBR isn't vertical yet. Could the track had already been installed? More than likely if it was on site.

Vekoma has a deal with Holiday World that they would be the first to open up a family Vekoma boomerang in the US. That’s why KI is taking their time because they can’t open SSBR until Good Gravy opens. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Orion742 said:

Vekoma has a deal with Holiday World that they would be the first to open up a family Vekoma boomerang in the US. That’s why KI is taking their time because they can’t open SSBR until Good Gravy opens. 

Do we know that for sure or is it just speculation? 

• 2 weeks later...

To piggy back off this discussion a bit. My youngest is turning 8 this year, she'll be real closer to the 52 inch rider. She's decided she wants to take a trip to Holiday World for her birthday which is right around the season opener traditionally for them.

I was going to make a full day of it, getting in on Friday and going home Sunday. Do I need a two day pass, or can I reasonably finish the dry park in one day?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Stoan said:

To piggy back off this discussion a bit. My youngest is turning 8 this year, she'll be real closer to the 52 inch rider. She's decided she wants to take a trip to Holiday World for her birthday which is right around the season opener traditionally for them.

I was going to make a full day of it, getting in on Friday and going home Sunday. Do I need a two day pass, or can I reasonably finish the dry park in one day?

My suggestion would be a 2 day ticket. If you can go when the water park is open, do that! Spend a day at the water park and a day in the dry park. 

If not Waterpark fans, still do 2 day tickets. You can never predict the crowds and you don't want to get caught not doing the things you want to because lines were too long. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...