Camp Snoopy Construction Updates

Hawaiian Coasters 325

18 hours ago, silver2005 said:

I'm curious how well they do the water feature under the coaster that appears in the concept art. 

Are we sure it’s actual water? I could see them doing another “dry stream” idea. They seem to hate water features. We couldn’t even get an actual fountain in Adventure Port-they went straight to the “it broke so we turned it into a planter” phase LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, brenthodge said:

Are we sure it’s actual water? I could see them doing another “dry stream” idea. They seem to hate water features. We couldn’t even get an actual fountain in Adventure Port-they went straight to the “it broke so we turned it into a planter” phase LOL. 

I don't think it was ever supposed to be a water feature. I believe in the concept art it was a planter too. 

• Like 3

On 10/27/2023 at 1:12 PM, Orion742 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDSijBVK7ik&pp=ygUpVGhlIG9uZSB3aGVyZSBpdHMgYWxsIGdyYXZ5IGhvbGRpYXkgd29ybGQ%3D

(23:40 for more details)

I’ve just heard something on the Holiday World podcast that I thought would be worth sharing. Take this with a grain of salt. I decided to listen to the HW podcast on Good Gravy to see what was new with the project and I heard something that caught my attention. They started talking about SSBR and how they like the theme but then they mentioned that Vekoma was quiet about where the other Vekoma boomerangs were going during project development but could confirm them that Holiday world’s would be the first to open next year. Now this isn’t 100% confirmed but I would not be surprised to see SSBR open in the summer like Adventure Port did last year. Holiday World has stated that Good Gravy is scheduled to open with opening day May 4th. What are your guys thoughts on this?

The Good Gravy track has arrived on site. We don’t have footers yet for our’s. With that being said I think what I stated here will come to be true. I was skeptical at the announcement of Camp Snoopy that they could get it open for opening day but I don’t think they can achieve that date at the rate they are currently going. We are probably looking at a Memorial Day weekend opening. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Orion742 said:

The Good Gravy track has arrived on site. We don’t have footers yet for our’s. With that being said I think what I stated here will come to be true. I was skeptical at the announcement of Camp Snoopy that they could get it open for opening day but I don’t think they can achieve that date at the rate they are currently going. We are probably looking at a Memorial Day weekend opening. 

That’s because Cedar Fair picked the Amazon Free No Rush Shipping option so they could earn a digital reward. :P

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Orion742 said:

Vekoma allegedly told Holiday World that their family boomerang would be the first to open in the states.

My guess is that for Camp Snoopy, the Beagle Scout Acres section will likely be the first area to open, likely sometime in May. SSBR will probably open sometime around June, but hopefully not anytime later than that. We'll just have to see what happens.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2023 at 3:02 PM, PKIDelirium said:

Also, wow, the surfacing that hasn't been completely removed yet is down to the REALLY OLD Splat City era (or maybe even older with the cinderblocks and tiles) foundation layer.

Further thinking about this and looking at it in the video, considering the location in the park, I'm actually wondering if they've uncovered a long-lost remnant of Sunshine/Marathon Turnpike with the cinderblock bases and tiling.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for this pretty crummy picture...but an update is better than no update. The construction fence has been pushed further out; it now runs directly against the queue for Woodstock Gliders. It does look like there has been a good amount of work done since the last weekend of Haunt. There are large tubes lying out; I assume these are drainage pipes that are either being removed or added. There is still digging equipment on site and it does look like they have started digging for the footers.

IMG_4999.jpeg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Good Gravy track was completed on Tuesday. 
It is not looking likely for Camp Snoopy to be ready by opening day. There is still a chance but it’s looking less likely by the day. Especially since WinterFest is now daily until Christmas Eve. So I imagine work won’t resume until January.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Orion742 said:

It is not looking likely for Camp Snoopy to be ready by opening day. There is still a chance but it’s looking less likely by the day. Especially since WinterFest is now daily until Christmas Eve. So I imagine work won’t resume until January.

It still looks like work will go on. Currently, there is concrete being poured while employees are arriving for Winterfest tonight. 

Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 2.53.48 PM.png

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Orion742 said:

Imo anyone who believed SSBR would be ready for opening day was too overly optimistic and wasn't paying attention. Holiday World literally came out and said on a podcast that Vekoma guaranteed them Good Gravy would open first. Also I don't believe concrete has been poured for footers yet and concrete if I remember correctly (correct me if I'm wrong) requires at least 28 days to fully cure before vertical construction can begin. With that being said, we may not see SSBRs go vertical until like mid-late January-early February. I think we're looking at Memorial Day weekend at the absolute earliest hopefully I'm wrong. 

EDIT: Just saw @Taylor.B03 post when I posted my post. Like I said, if they're pouring concrete now, I believe we're at least 28 days out from vertical construction (correct me if I'm wrong though). 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Imo anyone who believed SSBR would be ready for opening day was too overly optimistic and wasn't paying attention. Holiday World literally came out and said on a podcast that Vekoma guaranteed them Good Gravy would open first. Also I don't believe concrete has been poured for footers yet and concrete if I remember correctly (correct me if I'm wrong) requires at least 28 days to fully cure before vertical construction can begin. With that being said, we may not see SSBRs go vertical until like mid-late January-early February. I think we're looking at Memorial Day weekend at the absolute earliest hopefully I'm wrong. 

When it was initially announced I thought there was a chance for it to be ready by opening day but I saw the Holiday World podcast about a month after announcement and I knew right away there basically was no chance. Maybe it will be completed but not able to open until after May 4th. Time will tell.

• Like 1

• IndyGuy4KI unpinned and unfeatured this topic