Six Flags and Cedar Fair Merge

10 hours ago, disco2000 said:

I would assume KIC would fall under this as there is video content produced from time to time and the basis of the discussions?

How many of these has this site "violated" recently....

Is this new "policy" retroactive or moving forward....

Will the TOS be updated to reflect these changes....

Does this policy apply to FB sites....

What is the "enforcement" - is it simply not invited to media events and the like or do they ban folks that violate it as if it is a park policy?

So many questions....

Building credibility with your audience matters more than an invite to media day. Authenticity beats being a shill every time. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

There are some who have credibility....and those who do not. Unfortunately, those who don't have credibility have gotten more support from the park than those who do, including anyone who utilizes the phrase "____ is amazing," or some sort of variation in almost every other tweet.

• Like 2

Marcus LeShock is reporting on Facebook that his home park, SF Great America has ceased to enforce the $1.30 purchase surcharge and that it is going into effect at all Six Flags properties! Good move leadership!

(If you don't know, Marcus is a news anchor at WGN Chicago and a coaster nerd.)

• Like 3

I was holding back on a-lot of speculation/statements until the merger was completed (As I do not give out financial advice or want to comment on public securities transactions). What I will say is that based on the recent moves, it seems as if it's the SIX chain with CF administration. I love the Cedar Fair corporate feel, I loved the font, which we got with the merger. I love the chaperone policy, which came with the merger. I love the straightforward pricing, which SIX finally did away with recently. I feel as if this merger will probably have some serious rough patches however if the past few weeks have been any indication of what FUN will look like moving forward, I'm excited to see what the future looks like!

• Like 4

Two other legacy SIX parks have also implemented this policy - Six Flags America (about 35 miles south of Baltimore) and Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (about 29 miles north of Oakland, CA). It will be interesting to see if the rest of the SIX parks implement a similar policy. I can't really picture Great Adventure doing this as it's so far from any major cities to begin with (Philadelphia is the nearest big city; Trenton, NJ is closer but has less than 100,000 people), but some of the other suburban parks like Great America might.

• Like 1

^SFGAdv has a major pull from NYC (only an hour away which is nothing for the average commuter in that area).  I saw TONS of NY plates and heard that accent everywhere when I last went.  I also saw tons of the teen groups (line cutting was an issue) the chaperone policies are supposed to weed out as well. 

You also have SFMM which is less than 40 minutes from LA.  SFoT is literally in the Dallas/FtW area, SFFT is very close to San Antonio, SFoG is a stones throw from Atlanta, SFGAm is less than an hour from Chicago, SFStL close to St Louis, Darien Lake close to Buffalo, La Ronde is in downtown Montreal, and Six Flags Mexico is 30 minutes from Mexico City. 

SFNE is a bit far from Boston or Hartford, but its still pretty densely populated in the area.  

Cedar Point now has this page on their website, not seeing anything similar from Kings Island as of yet. Tower Topics (Ryan/Don) posted this to their Facebook page just a short bit ago.

The All Park Passport Will Soon Take You Further (cedarpoint.com)

I would assume Kings Island would follow the same trajectory, but a disclaimer that this came from Cedar Point and not Kings Island

EDIT - Kings Island now shows the same information as Cedar Point on their website - The All Park Passport Will Soon Take You Further (visitkingsisland.com)

Cedar Point is excited to announce that the All Park Passport add-on will offer access to more parks starting in 2025. The All Park Passport is an add-on that allows you to access additional Six Flags parks with a 2025 Cedar Point Gold or Prestige Pass.

When you purchase a 2025 Cedar Point Gold or Prestige Pass with the All Park Passport add-on this fall, you will be able to access the following legacy Cedar Fair parks any public operating day in 2024:

• California’s Great America (Santa Clara, CA)
  • Canada’s Wonderland (Vaughan, ON)
  • Carowinds (Charlotte, NC)
  • Cedar Point (Sandusky, OH)
  • Cedar Point Shores (Sandusky, OH)
  • Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom (Allentown, PA)
  • Kings Dominion & Soak City (Doswell, VA)
  • Kings Island (Mason, OH)
  • Knott’s Berry Farm (Buena Park, CA)
  • Knott’s Soak City (Buena Park, CA)
  • Michigan’s Adventure & WildWater Adventure (Muskegon, MI)
  • Schlitterbahn Waterpark Galveston (Galveston, TX)
  • Schlitterbahn New Braunfels (New Braunfels, TX)
  • Valleyfair & Soak City (Shakopee, MN)
  • Worlds of Fun & Oceans of Fun (Kansas City, MO)

However, your 2025 Cedar Point Gold or Prestige Pass with the All Park Passport add-on will be valid for parking & entry at all legacy Six Flags parks starting January 6th, 2025, including:

• Six Flags Magic Mountain (Valencia, CA)
  • Six Flags Great Adventure (Jackson, NJ)
  • Six Flags Great America (Gurnee, IL)
  • Six Flags Over Texas (Arlington, TX)
  • Six Flags Fiesta Texas (San Antonio, TX)
  • Six Flags Over Georgia (Austell, GA)

And More!

Please note that 2025 Cedar Point All Park Passport Season Pass add-ons, including All-Season Dining, All-Season Drink Bottle, Fast Lane and others will only be valid at legacy Cedar Fair parks for the entire 2025 season. Add-ons purchased with a legacy Six Flags park Season Pass will only be valid at legacy Six Flags parks for the entire 2025 season. Parking and admission are included at all parks with the All Park Passport. Information on specific in-park discounts and benefits will be available at a later date.

2025 Cedar Point Season Passes will go on-sale in the next few weeks so be sure to check the park website regularly for more updates.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

Well i went to Cedar Point and soon Dorney Park, and you do get drink and food for free.

Do you only have a Six flags pass and not a pass to a Cedar Fair park....you missed my point...and we are talking about in 2025 not 2024...

In case I wasn't clear, someone will buy a legacy Cedar Fair pass for 2025 and go to a Six flags legacy park expecting their add-ons to work and they won't (and vice versa) because they either didnt read the fine print and/or forgot....

• Like 1

So your best bet is to purchase / renew a gold pass while the sale is going on then hold off on adding any add ons since the price of those do not change, and terms and conditions may change between when the 2025 season pass goes on sale and when the park opens for the 2025 season.

20 minutes ago, Tr0y said:

So your best bet is to purchase / renew a gold pass while the sale is going on then hold off on adding any add ons since the price of those do not change, and terms and conditions may change between when the 2025 season pass goes on sale and when the park opens for the 2025 season.

Just remember, it is never a bait and switch:P

You could also buy / renew your pass with all the add ons and make payments with the **interest-free** payment plan. That way if they change the terms of service in an unfavorable way. You can always stop making payments. 

Caveat Venditor. ;)

1 hour ago, Tr0y said:

Or just not buy a pass. 

This is the first time since I've been an "enthusiast" that regret buying a season pass. The passport was definitely a waste of money, I had only planned on using it at CP and maybe WOF, but if I've only been to ki less than a handful of times, I certainly didn't feel like those trips.

Maybe I'm aging out of this hobby or maybe I need an extended break lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Or just not buy a pass. 

This is the first time since I've been an "enthusiast" that regret buying a season pass. The passport was definitely a waste of money, I had only planned on using it at CP and maybe WOF, but if I've only been to ki less than a handful of times, I certainly didn't feel like those trips.

Maybe I'm aging out of this hobby or maybe I need an extended break lol.

Park burnout is definitely a thing. For me it's more specific to going to the same 2 Ohio parks for a few years and continually telling myself that I'll make it out to other parks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would also suggest when doing park trips to also doing other things than parks.  Life's too short to do such traveling and miss everything else around the parks.  Diversify what you do on trips.  On the trip I did last summer, I had a few other things including the best decisions I made in doing downtown Williamsburg and Virginia Beach first, squeezing in a brief visit to Gettysburg between VA and PA, and doing Longwood Gardens and their night fountain show near Philly for last.  

• Like 4

I really need to remind myself to slow down and see things other than amusement parks while on vacation. My recent trip was fun but I regret not having time to see other things. I haven't done the trolley tour in Hershey nor have I seen the museum there. I found a few things I'd like to check out in the Pittsburgh area that I didn't have time to do when I went to Kennywood (fortunately Pittsburgh is a relatively easy drive from CIncinnati - unlike Hershey, which is 7+ hours not counting stops).

I am definitely going to take that into account when planning next year's trip. I definitely want to hit KD and BGW, but at least plan on splitting the drive up over two days this time around (last time I was at KD I drove up from Carowinds so I didn't realize how far the drive is from there to Cincinnati until I headed home at the end of the trip), and hopefully throw a day of exploring Williamsburg in there as well.

• Like 2

On 7/29/2024 at 3:25 PM, disco2000 said:

How many will miss that fine print about the add-ons and go to the other chain park and be expecting food and drink...

How is it "fine print" if it's exactly the same size as the rest of the text?

On 7/29/2024 at 4:44 PM, disco2000 said:

...someone will buy a legacy Cedar Fair pass for 2025 and go to a Six flags legacy park expecting their add-ons to work and they won't...

If someone purchases something and expects it to do something they were explicitly told it would not do, how is that anyone's fault other than the purchaser? 

On 7/29/2024 at 7:29 PM, Tr0y said:

I'm trying to understand the logic here. Either the pass + add-ons is worth the cost, or it isn't. Per the company selling the product, there won't be additional benefits, period.

And if for some reason they decide to add additional benefits down the line, how does that worsen the value proposition?

• Like 1

On 7/29/2024 at 8:35 PM, BeeastFarmer said:

Or just not buy a pass. 

Apologies for the double post, but this!!!

For the life of me I do not understand the constant "bait and switch" whining and hand wringing over whether the value proposition of a product may change in the future. Either the pass (with or without the add-ons) is worth the cost or it isn't, period, end of story. That anyone spends more than 30 seconds making that calculation in their head is bewildering to me, especially considering these season passes are ridiculously cheap compared to virtually any other entertainment product.

And if it's that much of a stressor for some of you, maybe just take BeastFarmer's sage advice here and just not buy it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DispatchMaster said:

I'm trying to understand the logic here. Either the pass + add-ons is worth the cost, or it isn't. Per the company selling the product, there won't be additional benefits, period.

The logic is based off the fine print they can change things at a whim. So yes, although they stated there won’t be “additional benefits”. What’s stopping them from changing the terms in a negative way?

There is no reason to purchase add-on’s early on, because there is no incentive to. Unlike Gold Passes which the price goes up as the beginning of the new season nears.

Also Add ons do not work until January 1st, unlike purchasing next year’s Gold Pass which also grants you access to the “current” season.

I’m not saying don’t buy anything, it’s more or less timing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tr0y said:

The logic is based off the fine print they can change things at a whim. So yes, although they stated there won’t be “additional benefits”. What’s stopping them from changing the terms in a negative way?

There is no reason to purchase add-on’s early on, because there is no incentive to. Unlike Gold Passes which the price goes up as the beginning of the new season nears.

Also Add ons do not work until January 1st, unlike purchasing next year’s Gold Pass which also grants you access to the “current” season.

You'd have to be a paying customer to enjoy the Icee lid! ;)

• Haha 1

On 8/2/2024 at 12:18 PM, Tr0y said:

Kings Dominion’s website is advertising add ons good for the rest of 2024 as well as 2025 . That’s the first time I have seen that.

IMG_4115.png

Edited by funpark
To add picture
  • Like 2

Actually most of rhe parks were allowing next year's adds ons . It was primarily the ohio parks that wouldn't allow adds on to work till the following year.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Cedar Point started selling their 2025 passes this morning - I assume Kings Island's offer, presumably going on sale Thursday when the water park announcement is made, will be similar.

Gold stayed the same at $99 from last year at this time, Prestige saw an increase of $15 to $340, from $325. Summer pass looks to be discontinued.

Renewals get 1 free bring a friend ticket to be used today through 10/27, Saturdays excluded, and 1 free single use Fast Lane during the 2025 season and must be used before 9/1/25 - for the free Single Use Fast Lane, must purchase before 9/2)

Unlimited visits on Gold and Prestige remainder of 2024 plus all of 2025.

Dining plans (both home and All Park), drink plans, and season long Fast Lane (both home and All Park) get remainder of 2024 for free in addition to 2025.  Cedar Point's All Park Fast Lane for 2025 remains at $999, the same price it was for 2024

Their website doesn't outright specify if the All Park Passport would be free for the remainder of the 2024 season if renewing for 2025 and it didn't appear that an "All Park" option exists for the drink plan. I just got off the phone with someone from Guest Relations up at Cedar Point - they stated that the All Park Passport would include the rest of 2024 and that the drink plan, with wristband, applies to all of the legacy parks