Top Thrill 2 and Fastlane

9 hours ago, DispatchMaster said:

This seems most likely, given that the ride was testing for a couple nights, after which all activity stopped and there's been no testing since.

I think, considering the wheel bogies were prototypes, and didn't fix the issue, there was no use in removing them. Presumably there were sensors affixed to them that gave them all the info they needed.

Bummer for CM, but in a few seasons this will all be a distant memory.

Unfortunately, it is likely that you are correct. Hopefully once this is resolved, I hope it’s a fix for good, not a recurring thing. 

18 hours ago, silver2005 said:

I'm really, really skeptical about Falcon's Flight.  I think it has the potential to be to Intamin what X was to Arrow.  

I share this same thought honestly. That coaster truly is INSANELY ambitious. Exciting to think about and almost impossible to wrap one's head around. I think even when the construction is complete I still won't believe that coaster is actually real life and not some OLED image projected off someone's No Limits game. 

But yeah. I can't imagine that coaster not having tons of downtime if not similar/worse train issues when opening day comes. Hopefully it won't be the nail in the coffin for them, but like you said, its every bit possible for this to be their X. Or even KI's SoB. Hoping not, but we will see.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

I can't believe they involved the painter and forklift operator in the design of TT2! No WONDER it's got so many problems.

Obviously the previous forklift operator dropped the train and the painter painted over the damage :P

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, disco2000 said:

The silence speaks volumes...

Well of course, imagine how many reservations at CP’s hotels later this season get canceled if they announce it won’t re-open this year.

They will wait till Halloweekends, then make their announcement.

Caveat Emptor. ;)

• Like 1

Or the silence is simply an indication that they don't have any new updates to share, rather than indication of some conspiracy or whatever. Are they supposed to give daily "updates" where they say nothing has changed since their last comments on the ride?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DispatchMaster said:

Or the silence is simply an indication that they don't have any new updates to share, rather than indication of some conspiracy or whatever. Are they supposed to give daily "updates" where they say nothing has changed since their last comments on the ride?

Maybe we’ll get lucky and that whistleblower will post something. :P

• Thanks 1

I have to admit I'm surprised we still have heard nothing. This has to be hurting the park in some fashion. Not sure if people would not go over this but it still looks incredibly bad that they kept a ride and tried to "fix" it and then it operated for less than a month and has been shut down with no updates ever since. Isn't this sort of why Kings Island got rid of SOB? They were just tired of a coaster that had issues and continuously got bad press? I hope for CP sake and for the sake of Zamperla they can get this thing running again. If it's not running by opening day next year I think it's done for. 

• Like 1

I don't think it's hurting the park. When I was there for 3 days over the 4th weekend, it was extremely busy (on the non 4th of July). I'm consistently seeing people going and sharing that the park is busy. 

While it's a disappointment, guests are still enjoying a lot of the park.

• Like 3

CP should have used the months of down time to install free lockers in the somewhere in the queue line. Management knows how long the ride will be closed (although they don’t want to publicly admit the exact time frame, but given a re-design of “parts”, CP should have had time to be able to the add the free lockers in the queue (instead of saying not enough time prior to opening when the ride has been closed for months). Hopefully over the winter months free lockers will be added.

Due to the later revision, the integration of lockers into the queue, similar to those at Steel Vengeance, was not possible.”

• Like 2

Easier said than done. It's not as if back in early/mid-May they had a precise timeline of when the ride would reopen, so it would have been a fool's errand to go through the trouble and expense of planning the substantial overhaul of the infield needed to accommodate lockers that could be accessed by riders as they enter and leave the station, as is the case with SV. It's only with the benefit of mid-July hindsight that there may have been enough time to do so, and even that's not necessarily the case, since it's not exactly a trivial thing to accomplish during the operating season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Is it time to declare the 1st season of TT2 was a bigger disaster than the 1st season of TTD?

Somewhere Kinzel is relieved a new ride took the title of biggest regret/disappointment :P

Does it count as a new  disappointment if most of the structure is the same ride?