Kings Island Halloween Haunt 2024 Discussion

BB1

13 hours ago, PKIVortex said:

Seen this today over near the SoB atation.0a981f941d288db3834f6f2ac27d69e4.jpg5950f596cba5cbc9ee17f1cfa37833f1.jpg363e33cfa18bcafa6a093d7a9e74ebc3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I have photos of them also taking stuff out of the area from August 14th, 2024. Just to show the difference, something cool to see them working in this place again.

IMG_2641.jpg?ex=66deb476&is=66dd62f6&hm=

IMG_2640.jpg?ex=66deb476&is=66dd62f6&hm=IMG_2632.jpg?ex=66deb477&is=66dd62f7&hm=

• Like 4

^Are those actual wheels off of Son of Beast? 

I wonder what they'd want for one............ Just kidding. 

There is a ride that I'd love to get a bolt or anything from it, but all thats left of it is two seats, which are located in FOF. AKA The Crypt/TR:TR.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Vortex1987 said:

^Are those actual wheels off of Son of Beast? 

I wonder what they'd want for one............ Just kidding. 

There is a ride that I'd love to get a bolt or anything from it, but all thats left of it is two seats, which are located in FOF. AKA The Crypt/TR:TR.

I have #20/250 of the track slices from this guy but I would love to have one of the wheels too. 

I really love that they are playing into the lore of SoB. For someone that grew up with the rebellious son this is really special. And for those who are too young to remember/did not get to attend the park during his tenure, it creates conversation and interest. 

I look forward to seeing this stuff with my own eyes in a couple of weeks and if any of this leads to something more. I know that it probably won't. Maybe a new Haunt attraction at best, but if this is molecular possibility of a teaser for something more how incredible would that be? 

• Like 3

so uhm, is it maybe time to start a speculation thread to track this separately? i just came to the realization that these are quite literally the "Lost remnants of number 5" that were referenced in the weird 2019 teaser from CP :

New Kings Island teaser. Son of Beasts station was called Outpost 5.  Another posts reads "oak strong and iron bound" and under it  "mason-sandusky". Just a thought, RMC? : r/rollercoasters

definitely curious how this all aligns now further with the details of the poster, Stating "items inside crates and trunks must remain closed until the time is right", and now seeing a literal crate open with pieces of the former ride. 
Wonder if any of the other various crates / barrels marked with the outpost 5 logo throughout the park have been updated in any way following this new crate at the former site.
Maybe this was the plan pre covid and was shelved until now? maybe the company is satisfied with steel vengeance and RMC now that its operating consistently and feel confident moving forward with this project?

theoretically with tunnels itd likely be possible to reuse the original station going out under Banshee for what id imagine is the most viable route of entry / exit to the open space the former ride occupied, beyond Banshee

personally I feel like with the space to available it could honestly be very fitting if a downward helix started the ride just as it does on The Beast

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Bwb.32
additional thoughts
  • Like 6

I might also add that at least ONCE a trip I hear someone bring up Son of Beast. I wish I was exaggerating, but I am not. Regardless of opinions of the ride during its time with us, there is still a great deal of interest in it. I for one hold a soft spot for it in my heart since I grew up with Son of Beast and despite how seriously vicious the ride was, I am glad I got to experience it as many times as I did over its existence. 

Regardless of whether any of these SoB related easter eggs means anything, its still fun to speculate!

• Like 5

I remember the excitement I had when Son of Beast was announced. From the giant crate in the beginning and then seeing it rise over the skyline of KI so massively. I so wanted to love that ride. The turnaround, first drop and loop were great. After that it was a bone jarring and kind of boring layout compared to its namesake as visually stunning as it was.  I rode it numerous times cause my oldest son loved the ride and wanted to get on it every trip. But after awhile, I just let him ride it when we went. I'd go ride The Beast instead.

I give credit to KI for trying to install a landmark coaster. Growing up with the park, that was something they were good at. But, unfortunately, they missed the mark with SOB in my opinion. Some people love the ride and it's roughness, and I get it, but I just wanted them to start over and RMC the thing.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DJSkyFoxx said:

I might also add that at least ONCE a trip I hear someone bring up Son of Beast. I wish I was exaggerating, but I am not. Regardless of opinions of the ride during its time with us, there is still a great deal of interest in it. I for one hold a soft spot for it in my heart since I grew up with Son of Beast and despite how seriously vicious the ride was, I am glad I got to experience it as many times as I did over its existence. 

Regardless of whether any of these SoB related easter eggs means anything, its still fun to speculate!

It’s interesting how certain rides can leave such a lasting impression on enthusiasts, even after they're gone. Son of Beast has a unique place in roller coaster history, and it’s clear that it’s a ride that Kings Island fans will remember vividly. Its intense experience and the controversies surrounding it only add to the nostalgia and mystique. It holds a  special place for many, there’s something memorable about being part of something that was so ambitious, even if it had its rough patches.

Speculating about SoB, related Easter eggs and little nods can be a fun way to keep that connection alive. Whether or not those hints have any deeper meaning, they’re a testament to how much of an impact the ride made. Plus, it's always great to share those memories with fellow enthusiasts who appreciate the ride's legacy!

Edited by Korey
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Korey said:

It’s interesting how certain rides can leave such a lasting impression on enthusiasts, even after they're gone. Son of Beast has a unique place in roller coaster history, and it’s clear that it’s a ride that Kings Island fans will remember vividly. Its intense experience and the controversies surrounding it only add to the nostalgia and mystique. It holds a  special place for many, there’s something memorable about being part of something that was so ambitious, even if it had its rough patches.

Speculating about SoB, related Easter eggs and little nods can be a fun way to keep that connection alive. Whether or not those hints have any deeper meaning, they’re a testament to how much of an impact the ride made. Plus, it's always great to share those memories with fellow enthusiasts who appreciate the ride's legacy!

The whole thing went almost as badly as it possibly could have and that somehow only adds to its legendary status. It's the last time KI tried to do something extraordinary and I've noticed that many younger enthusiasts, who never got to ride it, are surprisingly fascinated by it. Anytime I mention somewhere online that I rode it a bunch of times, people ask what it was like.

• Like 1

Haunt 2024: I looked!

Is the bag policy still in place? Like nothing bigger than a coin purse?  I skipped Haunt 2023 for this reason and many will prob say good riddance :(

I am non-threatening and just want a legit bag for my phone and wallet.

8 hours ago, Jeorby Nanpa said:

Haunt 2024: I looked!

Is the bag policy still in place? Like nothing bigger than a coin purse?  I skipped Haunt 2023 for this reason and many will prob say good riddance :(

I am non-threatening and just want a legit bag for my phone and wallet.

You can always wear cargo pants if you don't mind that sort of fashion. Or a pair of jeans with deeper pockets. That's one way to avoid the whole bag debacle all together while still retaining your items on your person.

3 hours ago, mikejenkins1 said:

Is there a place on KI website to get more information on the Interactive Lanterns?

I would expect they are similar to the winterfest wands from last year.  Would make sense to maybe even re-use the same location tags that are used for winterfest.  If anyone has a winterfest wand, might be worth taking it to see if it reacts during Haunt.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, robintodd said:

I would expect they are similar to the winterfest wands from last year.  Would make sense to maybe even re-use the same location tags that are used for winterfest.  If anyone has a winterfest wand, might be worth taking it to see if it reacts during Haunt.

Add some whimsy to the spooky :lol:

• Thanks 1

On 9/14/2024 at 10:42 AM, IBEW_Sparky said:

Oh yes, I could just see me in there with a Winterfest Wand going after the roamers like some sort of Sorcerer, "BE GONE EVIL ROAMING CLOWN, AND ALLOWEST ME TO ENJOY MY GLORIOUS FOGGY NIGHT RIDES IN PEACE!" :lol:

On that note, does anyone have a Winterfest Wand for sale?  :D

And then bring the Haunt lantern to Winterfest! A little Nightmare Before Christmas vibes :lol:

• Like 5

I could totally be wrong but someone from one of the buyouts posted a picture of the Son of Beast “cargo/package” and it appeared to have one of the lantern stickers on it. So it looks like they are using it as interactive lantern stop. 

Edit: Just saw the post about it in the Wolfpack building activity thread. My bad for the double post will double check next time.

• Like 1