Invertigo walkway gated off

snakeeyes

What’s up with the walkway going to Invertigo being completely gated off? I went to the park yesterday for the first time in about 2 years and wanted to give it a go and it was closed, but the entire mini area was gated off. How long has it been down and has the walkway been shut down during the entirety of its downtime? I’m guessing Invertigo has been down for a while but I’m not 100% sure. Thanks in advance for the info

• Like 1

It has been experiencing a lot of downtime this year it seems. I have a friend who frequents the park weekly and he's kept me updated on the fact that it's been down a lot. I went about 2 weeks ago and it was down. I'm not sure what is going on with it but I really hope they can figure it out and get it running again. Now is not the time to lose another rollercoaster 

• Like 3

It's important to note that Invertigo is, in my opinion, the coaster that's at the most-risk of getting removed at Kings Island within the next several years. It's a coaster that isn't really that popular, low capacity and is only one of three Invertigo models still left in operation. (excluding giant inverted boomerangs)

I think it's inevitable that Invertigo is probably going to be removed within the next 5-10 years. However, I would at least prefer it if they kept it around at least until Vortex's replacement comes in, that way we won't have two vacant coaster plots in the park. Unfortunately, if Kings Island's maintenance team continues to have difficulties getting Invertigo up and running, they might have to make the decision to remove it sooner rather than later. It's unfortunate, but that's how things are when it comes to stuff like this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WoodVengeance said:

I think it's inevitable that Invertigo is probably going to be removed within the next 5-10 years. However, I would at least prefer it if they kept it around at least until Vortex's replacement comes in, that way we won't have two vacant coaster plots in the park.

Given the small size of that plot it's much more likely that a non-coaster attraction like a flat ride or two (or nothing) is built there than another coaster. Three coasters is enough for that area in my opinion especially considering the lack of small flats or medium rides in the vicinity.

My caveat to that would be that I could expect a coaster in the area if they were to remove Congo Falls around the same time. Another plausible location for the next big coaster in the area is probably The Bat plot (arguably the best terrain in the park for a coaster).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KI Guy said:

Given the small size of that plot it's much more likely that a non-coaster attraction like a flat ride or two (or nothing) is built there than another coaster. Three coasters is enough for that area in my opinion especially considering the lack of small flats or medium rides in the vicinity.

It is definitely possible to put a coaster into that sized plot of land. Dorney Park was able to squeeze an entire B&M dive coaster into where their Invertigo was. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

It is definitely possible to put a coaster into that sized plot of land. Dorney Park was able to squeeze an entire B&M dive coaster into where their Invertigo was. 

Possible is different than necessary. 

Well this is sad to hear. I almost popped in last evening after work and forewent that due to simply not being up to contending with heat and lots of humans after an already stressful day. I would have been asking the same thing if I saw this.

I really hope Invertigo sticks around awhile longer. We would be losing another looper and another coaster in general. And it really is one of the more intense rides in the park which I am a fan of. I always try to get at least one ride in per visit since I know it's time is ticking. 

It'll be interesting to see what happens in that area of the park while it's gated off.

Just putting it out there right now I have no official source for this information other than word of mouth. It was third hand information by the time it got to me so take it how you will. I am not confirming or denying the claims. 

I know a guy who is has a friend who is an Invertigo op and he said that there is a small crack in the cobra roll. Obviously with Vekoma not producing parts for this model anymore the park is waiting on a custom part to be built and installed. I hope the rumor that the park is investing in the ride by ordering and waiting on a part is true because we don't need to lose another coaster right now. 

• Like 1

Or it could be that many experienced or witnessed the train getting stuck at the top of the lift hill way more than normal in the days leading up to the closure and they are waiting on that part so that it quits happening.  It isn't a good look to have a coaster at the front of the park stuck and people screaming when guests are entering the park LOL.

• Like 4

Whatever it is that is causing the closure, I am just hoping the park is trying to get a part for it. Even if they have to wait to get it, I really do want to see Invertigo last awhile longer. I think we all know it's not going to last forever but it's still a very intense ride and I personally think it's been running a bit smoother lately... wondering if maybe they fixed it up a bit after Dorney closed Stinger... 

• Like 1