Top Thrill 2! Worlds Tallest, Fastest Strata Coaster!! Coming 2024!

5 hours ago, Kenban said:

From what I have heard the spike is causing problems for entertainment.  Iron Dragon has to shut down if a show on the stage will have any fire effects or fireworks.  Typically not a big deal, but from what I have heard this is also true of Top Thrill 2, for a show to have fire or fireworks both coasters will have to close, and priority has been given to the new coaster.  It sounds like Cedar Point’s current plan is to just not do any evening shows on that stage next year, and possibly not use the stage at all next year.  Long term I expect the stage is likely going to move.

I was hopeful that Summerbration would get a second year since they put the effort into building the new set and then arranging music and making choreography for the new show. But I could see how pyro could be an issue with the back spike so close.

21 hours ago, DispatchMaster said:

That was never a very good place for a stage, so hopefully it gets moved sooner rather than later. They could tweak Perimeter Road a bit and put the stage on the other side of the midway there, hopefully far enough away from Valravn that it wouldn't interfere with that ride's operation.

I always thought it should have went where Wildcat used to sit instead. It seems it was done backwards to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jsus said:

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/tt2-construction/top-thrill-2-construction-updates

Lots going on in the latest blog update.  This is going to be a change of scenery on Iron Dragon for sure.  Head chopper effect, or?

image.png

I’m most intrigued about the trains, I know we saw them in the announcement video but I’m interested to see if they will offer seatbelts.

2 hours ago, WoodVengeance said:

Zamperla could be showing off a TT2 car at IAAPA, so we might know by then if they already have seatbelts installed.

See the linked blog post...  Of course Zamperla will have a lead car for TT2 at IAAPA!  (Although Tony keeps referring to a train, it remains to be seen if they will bring more than a car.)

Don't forget - in a little less than 2 weeks (on Nov. 14), we'll be unveiling the real Top Thrill 2 train at the annual IAAPA (International Association of Amusement Parks & Attractions) Expo in Orlando. It'll be your first look at these gorgeous beauties from Zamperla. 

Full disclosure: I've been given a tiny preview of the final product, and all I can say is, they're gorgeous works of art. I cannot wait to take a seat in the front row on 11/14!

• Like 1

On 10/26/2023 at 6:01 AM, DispatchMaster said:

Why do you assume they aren't doing it "correctly"? :blink: They're very experienced pros, who if nothing else have a financial interest in completing the job as efficiently as is safely possible.

Top to bottom painting is basic knowledge when it comes to painting. Gravity is always present. I’m sure they have their reasons. Maybe it is faster or as you say “efficient”. Which could be a cost savings measure if that’s what the client wants. Time = money.

https://www.hgtv.com/how-to/home-improvement/15-painting-tips-to-paint-like-a-pro

• 5 weeks later...
16 hours ago, PKIDelirium said:

If this all works out, I can see them having Zamperla replace the launch system and trains on Xcelerator. Wouldn't need a multi-launch spike to get the speed needed there.

I think they would just replace Xcelerator with a higher capacity B&M. Maybe a wing coaster.  I could see them having Zamperla work on Kingda Ka next, but I am curious if Intamin would stop supporting the Drop Tower that is attached to it.

17 minutes ago, PKIDelirium said:

But now you get three launches including a deliberate rollback.

Yeah but the "accidental" rollback is what made it special.  Lot's of rides have intentional backwards elements.

And how quickly it went from 0-120mph was the whole point.  Not many opportunities to accelerate that quick, that fast.

Tesla and many vehicles can probably accelerate as fast as TT2 will LOL.

I am sure it will have long lines and what not, but I doubt on a vacant piece of land they would have came up with this ride as the next new ride....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, disco2000 said:

Yeah but the "accidental" rollback is what made it special.  Lot's of rides have intentional backwards elements.

And how quickly it went from 0-120mph was the whole point.  Not many opportunities to accelerate that quick, that fast.

Tesla and many vehicles can probably accelerate as fast as TT2 will LOL.

I am sure it will have long lines and what not, but I doubt on a vacant piece of land they would have came up with this ride as the next new ride....

This entire response is how Ive been wanting to express my thoughts and feelings on the ride, but I declined thinking no one would relate and Id come off as the jerk I can definitely be at times.

Falling backwards at 300+ feet scares the Hell out of me, but knowing that 98% of the time it wasnt going to happen kind of made the 2% chance exciting, despite the fear.  Now, I know it IS going to happen every time.

100% this on the acceleration element.  0-120mph in 4 seconds is equivalent to an F1 car and a half-second faster than the fastest road going vehicle in the World, the $2.2M Battista, and I dont see any of us getting a ride in one of those any time soon.  Again, Im not saying TT2 will be BAD, it just wont give that same level of "unobtanium" experience.  

The best way I can explain it, is comparing Mel Blanc Looney Tunes voices to post-Mel Looney Tunes voices.  Its cool they didn't demolish the ride, but its just not "there" in terms of experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, IBEW_Sparky said:

This entire response is how Ive been wanting to express my thoughts and feelings on the ride, but I declined thinking no one would relate and Id come off as the jerk I can definitely be at times.

Falling backwards at 300+ feet scares the Hell out of me, but knowing that 98% of the time it wasnt going to happen kind of made the 2% chance exciting, despite the fear.  Now, I know it IS going to happen every time.

100% this on the acceleration element.  0-120mph in 4 seconds is equivalent to an F1 car and a half-second faster than the fastest road going vehicle in the World, the $2.2M Battista, and I dont see any of us getting a ride in one of those any time soon.  Again, Im not saying TT2 will be BAD, it just wont give that same level of "unobtanium" experience.  

The best way I can explain it, is comparing Mel Blanc Looney Tunes voices to post-Mel Looney Tunes voices.  Its cool they didn't demolish the ride, but its just not "there" in terms of experience.

Your guaranteed rollback will be roughly 170-190'.  

You will be on the initial launch track roughly 10-15 seconds, accelerating backwards from 70-100 down a longgggg straight stretch, then accelerating down a longggggg straight stretch from 100-120 wont be exciting at all.  Punching your passenger car from 100-120 is nothing......

10 hours ago, Coastercrush said:

You will be on the initial launch track roughly 10-15 seconds, accelerating backwards from 70-100 down a longgggg straight stretch, then accelerating down a longggggg straight stretch from 100-120 wont be exciting at all.  Punching your passenger car from 100-120 is nothing......

I think you missed his point. Sparky is going to miss the " 0-120mph in 4 seconds."

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Coastercrush said:

OK, first, Ive watched plenty of testing videos from what I believe to be Battery Park Marina and have done the numbers with a graphing and scaling program and every...single...time the train went up the tophat and rolled back the front of the train was at minimum 220'.  Second, I know the numbers for the backwards run across the flat track and backwards through the station as Ive figured those as well using time/distance.  Third, as Brad said, I was/am referring to the loss of the 0-120 in 4 that can only be felt now through either of the examples I gave.  I have plenty of Friends with cars that run sub-9 second 1/4 mile times and even they.... as exciting and thrilling as they are (especially behind the wheel).... dont give the same feeling because their 0-120 isnt in the 4 second range and Im behind a windshield.  Every point I made was backing up the points disco made, hence this part of my statement "100% this on the acceleration element".  I was agreeing with his point.

Thank you Brad for getting it.