Camp Snoopy Construction Updates

Hawaiian Coasters 325

I honestly find the soap box racer to be dull, it only does one cycle. I mean waiting in line, especially as a kid for a 30 second ride doesn't seem appealing. I also noticed the entrance isn't close to the rendering at all. I noticed the flag pole was surrounded by turf in the rendering but is now covered in conrete? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CarrieBerry94 said:

I honestly find the soap box racer to be dull, it only does one cycle. I mean waiting in line, especially as a kid for a 30 second ride doesn't seem appealing. I also noticed the entrance isn't close to the rendering at all. I noticed the flag pole was surrounded by turf in the rendering but is now covered in conrete? 

Well its probably meant for, ya know, kids. 

• Like 3

Apparently Good Gravy at Holiday World is already leaving a positive impression so I am hopeful that SBR will do the same for KI. I also see this as a good "welcome back" coaster for Vekoma to show CF that they have grown and advanced as a company and maybe bring a bigger installation to the park. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DJSkyFoxx said:

Apparently Good Gravy at Holiday World is already leaving a positive impression so I am hopeful that SBR will do the same for KI. I also see this as a good "welcome back" coaster for Vekoma to show CF that they have grown and advanced as a company and maybe bring a bigger installation to the park. 

After seeing both coasters run It definitely looks like SSBR will be the better ride experience however Good Gravy seems to be the better themed coaster. I hope both coasters preform really well for both parks and operate well and reliably!

• Like 2

I was looking while at park yesterday, I still don’t understand why they didn’t push out just a little more to include Kite eating tree in Camp. It blends perfectly with AirRail, makes thematic sense and would provide a great “gateway” into the area. They could’ve clad over the drink/snack stand with wood and minimal theming to make a “Camp Canteen” to frame the entry and dove the ribbon of stamped concrete a bit further out with some rocks and landscape on both sides. They could’ve reused the footers from the PlanetSnoopy signs for camp style signs or the “welcome happy campers” posts instead of the cost of removing them and doing an odd little circle patch job in the concrete. Have to wonder how much closer to the concept art this area would be if we had the money they spent on painting AirRail only two years ago to just repaint it again. Poor long term planning seems to have wasted money there. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Orion-XL200 said:

Wasn't there supposed to be a tunnel to crawl through out in front?

So much has been “modified” from this it’s disappointing. Outside of the new coaster, It was already more of a style over substance redo with mostly redressing of existing areas. Now that so much of the style has been cut,  I feel it’s a pretty weak finished product.( at least as it looks like it’s going to stand next week at open. 

• Like 2

Yet, many will ooh and ahhh next week when it opens.  

Concept art is just that, a concept.  It generally is more embellished than the actual execution.  Kind of like how McDonald's advertised a perfect Big Mac™ and what you get as not so perfect.

It's definitely going to be an upgrade that is surely needed...I'd put forth the entire kids area needs an overhaul as this enhancement is going to highlight just how ghetto Planet Snoopy really is.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Yet, many will ooh and ahhh next week when it opens.  

Concept art is just that, a concept.  It generally is more embellished than the actual execution.  Kind of like how McDonald's advertised a perfect Big Mac™ and what you get as not so perfect.

It's definitely going to be an upgrade that is surely needed...I'd put forth the entire kids area needs an overhaul as this enhancement is going to highlight just how ghetto Planet Snoopy really is.  

That’s two different things. A styled shot of a Big Mac still has the core elements promised. Will your lettuce look that crisp- no, but they don’t budget cut the seeds off the bun, they just don’t hand place them with tweezers. For this- lots of themed elements were cut and they still use the images showing them. Are they deal breakers? No, but when this project was mostly redressing and decor with two capitol additions, it’s unfortunate when a lot of that decor and theming was cut. Maybe it will be amazing what’s been added since… yesterday by next Friday and I’ll be totally wrong. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Photo request- can we get a shot of the new stuff from the Eiffel Tower?  

Every time I have tried this and last weekend, ET has been closed. That is why there have not been any pictures.

• Like 2

• IndyGuy4KI unpinned and unfeatured this topic