Kings Island next coaster survey 2024

WoodVengeance

39 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Didn't Kings Island send out a survey a few years ago about Planet Snoopy, with a "playground" and an air conditioned indoor dining space being the top two things most talked about?  We are getting the playground and the dining turned into PigPens mess hall, a finger food counter service location. I get finger foods for a kids area, and the theme for the place looks good. But it's not air conditioned for the parents and it's really just replacing an eatery that was demolished, that was rarely open. 

I'm not sure....it seems very random who gets surveys and who doesn't. I have never gotten a survey of this type since becoming a pass holder (no matter what park in the chain. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tr0y said:

So with that being said, it’s likely we’re getting one of those 4 coasters.

Maybe one of those four coaster models, probably not the exact layouts they showed. I highly doubt we'll ever see that tower concept come to Kings Island or Cedar Point given how bad the capacity would be. It's also possible it could be something else entirely like how Canada's Wonderland did with their survey from last year.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WoodVengeance said:

Maybe one of those four coaster models, probably not the exact layouts they showed. I highly doubt we'll ever see that tower concept come to Kings Island or Cedar Point given how bad the capacity would be. It's also possible it could be something else entirely like how Canada's Wonderland did with their survey from last year.

Yeah I agree. I think the surveys are just to get a general idea of what type of rides the public would like to see. I don’t think any of these rides on the survey will be the exact same as shared in the concept if the park decided to go with one of them. 

• Like 3

On 4/28/2024 at 10:46 AM, beastfan11 said:

Bring on the dark ride coaster! 

phantom theater *clap clap clap clap clap* phantom theater *clap clap clap clap clap*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

With rumors of Canada’s Wonderland’s new coaster in 2025 being from Zamperla makes me wonder if Cedar Fair purchased a lightning launch package for multiple parks in the chain. If so I think this could be a good fit for KI. The lightning launch can have a rider height requirement of 48 inches which would be fantastic considering Vortex had the same requirement. I know packages don’t happen as often as we think they do but I just thought it was interesting.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2024 at 1:07 PM, Orion742 said:

With rumors of Canada’s Wonderland’s new coaster in 2025 being from Zamperla makes me wonder if Cedar Fair purchased a lightning launch package for multiple parks in the chain. If so I think this could be a good fit for KI. The lightning launch can have a rider height requirement of 48 inches which would be fantastic considering Vortex had the same requirement. I know packages don’t happen as often as we think they do but I just thought it was interesting.

https://www.zamperla.com/product/lightning

Yeah I would not complain if we got a multi-launch, well themed ride similar to Maverick in our park. Put that sucker in the old Vortex location and I'll be very happy. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

How about this as a concept for the coaster that would go in and around the crypt building, which has had the exterior fashioned into an Appalachian mountain:

The Cove (name of the coaster)

---

**Backstory:**

In the shadowy depths of Rivertown, an ancient legend speaks of a hidden mountain where the powers of the forest and sky converge. This mountain, long thought to be a myth, is where the fearsome Beast resides, guarding its territory with unmatched ferocity. However, there's more to the legend—a cosmic connection that ties The Beast to the constellation Orion.

Eons ago, the constellation Orion was not just a set of stars but a mighty celestial hunter who roamed the universe. He became obsessed with capturing The Beast, a powerful creature whose strength was said to challenge even the gods. The chase led Orion to the earthly realm, where he lured The Beast into a trap—a mountain that he conjured with his cosmic powers. But The Beast, cunning and resilient, broke free, infusing the mountain with its essence, creating a curse that connected Orion’s cosmic power to the mountain itself.

Now, in the heart of Rivertown, the once dormant mountain has awoken, crackling with the energy of Orion’s curse and The Beast’s wrath. The Mystic Woods, the forest that surrounds Rivertown, have begun to stir, and strange phenomena have been reported—the forest is alive, with vines and trees moving of their own accord, while the skies above the mountain swirl with celestial energy.

Adventurers brave enough to enter the mountain will embark on a journey through the cursed forest and into the heart of the mountain itself. The Beast is furious, and Orion’s curse still lingers, drawing riders into a terrifying experience where the line between reality and myth blurs. 

---

### Ride Experience:

**Queue Line:**

The adventure begins as guests enter a dense, fog-covered forest filled with twisted trees and eerie, glowing flora, reminiscent of Mystic Timbers. The queue winds through the forest, with sounds of The Beast’s growls echoing in the distance. As guests approach the mountain, they pass through a decrepit logging cabin filled with cryptic maps and journals detailing past expeditions that never returned.

**Station:**

The station is set deep within the mountain, illuminated by flickering torches and celestial runes that glow with a strange energy. The ride vehicles are designed to resemble rustic, wooden mine carts, but with a modern twist—glowing blue markings hint at the cosmic influence of Orion.

**Ride Layout:**

- **Dark Ride Segment (Indoor):**
  - **The Descent:** The ride begins with a slow climb deeper into the mountain. The air grows colder as guests hear the roars of The Beast. Suddenly, the ride plummets into darkness, twisting and turning through narrow tunnels, avoiding falling rocks and collapsing structures as the mountain itself seems to be alive.
  - **Orion’s Lair:** The mine carts enter a vast chamber where the ceiling reveals a swirling Vortex of stars—the heart of Orion’s curse. Here, guests encounter spectral images of Orion as he battles The Beast, with cosmic energy crackling around them. The tension builds until The Beast breaks free from the cosmic chains, triggering an intense launch sequence.

- **Outdoor Coaster Segment:**
  - **The Escape:** Blasting out of the mountain, the ride transitions to a high-speed outdoor section. Riders speed through dense forest trails, dodging massive, moving tree limbs and branches feeling the wrath of Mystic Timbers. The track features airtime hills and sharp turns, evoking the wild, untamed nature of The Beast.
  - **The Cosmic Duel:** As riders ascend a tall lift hill, they are momentarily suspended under a the sky just like Orion. The ride then dives down a steep drop, weaving through terrain that mimics Orion’s constellation, with near-miss elements against rocky outcrops.

**Finale:**

The ride ends with one final encounter with The Beast as the carts plunge back into the mountain. In a thrilling finale, the ride navigates a spiraling drop into the mountain’s core, where The Beast’s eyes glow in the darkness, and Orion’s curse attempts one last time to capture the creature. The mine carts narrowly escape, launching up and out of the mountain one last time before returning to the station.

**Post-Ride Experience:**

Guests exit through a themed gift shop that resembles an old Rivertown trading post, filled with artifacts from the mountain and memorabilia of The Beast, Orion, and Mystic Timbers. The story of their journey is immortalized in rustic carvings and celestial-themed merchandise.

---

"The Cove" offers a thrilling blend of dark ride storytelling and intense coaster action, encapsulating the mystique and legends of Kings Island’s Rivertown.

• Like 7

Well, CW's new coaster is not Zamperla, but a Premier launched. IMO, Kings Island could install one similar to it where the old Vortex plot is. I would not be mad. Before we complain about the 2 train ops, keep in mind that the ride time is fairly short and the pph would be around 1,000, which is what you would like to hit.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2024 at 1:54 PM, RollerColt said:

https://www.zamperla.com/product/lightning

Yeah I would not complain if we got a multi-launch, well themed ride similar to Maverick in our park. Put that sucker in the old Vortex location and I'll be very happy. 

Not sure about going with Zamperla for a large scale launch coaster considering all the issues they have been experiencing with TT2 at CP. I think someone has to give Zamperla a second chance when they work out the kinks but until they do, I wouldn't be interested in purchasing this particular model from them. 

However, a multi launch similar to Maverick would be amazing. I'd also love one similar to copperhead strike at Carowinds. Or just make my day and give me an extreme spinner with two launches! 

• Like 2

I expect Cedar Fair (now part of Six Flags) may still contract Zamperla to build future flat rides and smaller-scale coasters like Wild Mouse. I don't think they're going to completely blacklist Zamperla like they've done with Intamin and RMC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WoodVengeance said:

I expect Cedar Fair (now part of Six Flags) may still contract Zamperla to build future flat rides and smaller-scale coasters like Wild Mouse. I don't think they're going to completely blacklist Zamperla like they've done with Intamin and RMC.

Oh for sure! Zamperla is still a good manufacturer and their flats are pretty reliable. I loved the wild mouse at CP. I think we will see CF now Six Flags continue to work with them

• Like 1

On 8/16/2024 at 1:00 PM, WoodVengeance said:

I'm all fairness. Zamperla took on a very big problem child. I don't think the TT2 project should be held against them.  Yeah, it has been a real drag, but that Intamin aura, energy, bad juju, etc. might still plague it.  

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I'm all fairness. Zamperla took on a very big problem child. I don't think the TT2 project should be held against them.  Yeah, it has been a real drag, but that Intamin aura, energy, bad juju, etc. might still plague it.  

It's true that Intamin has been problematic when it came to rides like Top Thrill Dragster and it's definitely possible that several of those issues may still be plaguing Top Thrill 2. I cannot confirm this to be the exact cause of TT2's issues, but it definitely appears that at least some of the issues stem from the new lightning trains provided by Zamperla. If this is the case, then I don't think it's really fair to blame Intamin for this, as they had no involvement with the lightning trains.

• Like 2

I will be fair to Intamin when they do good, and they pulled off winners with VelociCoaster and Pantheon, I've seen them have success overseas recently, and I will be watching the SFNE 2025 coaster to see how well that does.  I am choosing to hold Falcon's Flight as an outlier since that's on the realm of insanity, but I've seen their more practical rides do well recently.  If Intamin can show improvements in reliability, I would be open to them putting in something for KI.  

• Like 1

On 8/17/2024 at 9:19 PM, WoodVengeance said:

I cannot confirm this to be the exact cause of TT2's issues, but it definitely appears that at least some of the issues stem from the new lightning trains provided by Zamperla. If this is the case, then I don't think it's really fair to blame Intamin for this, as they had no involvement with the lightning trains.

I totally agree with this point.

I think we should wait to see how Zamperla resolves said issue with TT2 before making any bold statement about their current or future relationship with the new SF/CF chain. It's not like TTD was Intamin's only problem when it comes to their rides. You had problems with Wicked Twister, Shoot the Rapids, and Maverick. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KIBeast said:

I think we should wait to see how Zamperla resolves said issue with TT2 before making any bold statement about their current or future relationship with the new SF/CF chain. It's not like TTD was Intamin's only problem when it comes to their rides. You had problems with Wicked Twister, Shoot the Rapids, and Maverick. 

Yeah, Intamin is a serial offender and their costs are obviously higher. Zamperla hasn't reached that status as bad as the TT2 situation turned out to be.

Sure, it does seem that Intamin is more reliable than they were when all those rides were built (and don't forget P/I305) but its hard to look past at all the problems of the past.

• Like 2

On 8/8/2024 at 9:25 PM, BeeastFarmer said:

How about this as a concept for the coaster that would go in and around the crypt building, which has had the exterior fashioned into an Appalachian mountain:

The Cove (name of the coaster)

---

**Backstory:**

In the shadowy depths of Rivertown, an ancient legend speaks of a hidden mountain where the powers of the forest and sky converge. This mountain, long thought to be a myth, is where the fearsome Beast resides, guarding its territory with unmatched ferocity. However, there's more to the legend—a cosmic connection that ties The Beast to the constellation Orion.

Eons ago, the constellation Orion was not just a set of stars but a mighty celestial hunter who roamed the universe. He became obsessed with capturing The Beast, a powerful creature whose strength was said to challenge even the gods. The chase led Orion to the earthly realm, where he lured The Beast into a trap—a mountain that he conjured with his cosmic powers. But The Beast, cunning and resilient, broke free, infusing the mountain with its essence, creating a curse that connected Orion’s cosmic power to the mountain itself.

Now, in the heart of Rivertown, the once dormant mountain has awoken, crackling with the energy of Orion’s curse and The Beast’s wrath. The Mystic Woods, the forest that surrounds Rivertown, have begun to stir, and strange phenomena have been reported—the forest is alive, with vines and trees moving of their own accord, while the skies above the mountain swirl with celestial energy.

Adventurers brave enough to enter the mountain will embark on a journey through the cursed forest and into the heart of the mountain itself. The Beast is furious, and Orion’s curse still lingers, drawing riders into a terrifying experience where the line between reality and myth blurs. 

---

### Ride Experience:

**Queue Line:**

The adventure begins as guests enter a dense, fog-covered forest filled with twisted trees and eerie, glowing flora, reminiscent of Mystic Timbers. The queue winds through the forest, with sounds of The Beast’s growls echoing in the distance. As guests approach the mountain, they pass through a decrepit logging cabin filled with cryptic maps and journals detailing past expeditions that never returned.

**Station:**

The station is set deep within the mountain, illuminated by flickering torches and celestial runes that glow with a strange energy. The ride vehicles are designed to resemble rustic, wooden mine carts, but with a modern twist—glowing blue markings hint at the cosmic influence of Orion.

**Ride Layout:**

- **Dark Ride Segment (Indoor):**
  - **The Descent:** The ride begins with a slow climb deeper into the mountain. The air grows colder as guests hear the roars of The Beast. Suddenly, the ride plummets into darkness, twisting and turning through narrow tunnels, avoiding falling rocks and collapsing structures as the mountain itself seems to be alive.
  - **Orion’s Lair:** The mine carts enter a vast chamber where the ceiling reveals a swirling Vortex of stars—the heart of Orion’s curse. Here, guests encounter spectral images of Orion as he battles The Beast, with cosmic energy crackling around them. The tension builds until The Beast breaks free from the cosmic chains, triggering an intense launch sequence.

- **Outdoor Coaster Segment:**
  - **The Escape:** Blasting out of the mountain, the ride transitions to a high-speed outdoor section. Riders speed through dense forest trails, dodging massive, moving tree limbs and branches feeling the wrath of Mystic Timbers. The track features airtime hills and sharp turns, evoking the wild, untamed nature of The Beast.
  - **The Cosmic Duel:** As riders ascend a tall lift hill, they are momentarily suspended under a the sky just like Orion. The ride then dives down a steep drop, weaving through terrain that mimics Orion’s constellation, with near-miss elements against rocky outcrops.

**Finale:**

The ride ends with one final encounter with The Beast as the carts plunge back into the mountain. In a thrilling finale, the ride navigates a spiraling drop into the mountain’s core, where The Beast’s eyes glow in the darkness, and Orion’s curse attempts one last time to capture the creature. The mine carts narrowly escape, launching up and out of the mountain one last time before returning to the station.

**Post-Ride Experience:**

Guests exit through a themed gift shop that resembles an old Rivertown trading post, filled with artifacts from the mountain and memorabilia of The Beast, Orion, and Mystic Timbers. The story of their journey is immortalized in rustic carvings and celestial-themed merchandise.

---

"The Cove" offers a thrilling blend of dark ride storytelling and intense coaster action, encapsulating the mystique and legends of Kings Island’s Rivertown.

The Cove is...  well...  neat...  But I don't think that will be replacing the Crypt building, nor on Vortex's plot of land.  (Beside, a 10 or more inversion by Gerstlauer is the best idea I've ever seen to bring back Vortex.)  I do like what your telling.  But I can tell you a few facts that is plot holes in that story.

1:  Orion isn't a magical celestial hunter,  He's dead, got stung by another consolation next to Orion called Scorpio.  Send out by Gaia after Orion boldly announced that he's going to hunt every single animals on this planet,  also in front of Artemis the goddess of hunt.

2:  The Beast is literally what it's called.  He's not a Constellation like Ursa Major or Orion.  He's a giant hybrid of a Bear, wolf, and a Hedgehog by trait,  Rolling, Clawing, and Digging.  (That is Speed, Ruffness, and Tunnels.)

3:  Do you want a Mountain in Kings Island like Kings Dominion.  There's the reason why few American theme park build Mountains as rides, way too expensive.  Lore wise, there is no mountain mention on any rides here at Kings Island.  (No Paramount mountain isn't a mountain at Kings Island.)

4:  Finally.  Since when does Mystic Timbers appear in the spotlight?  I feel like your trying to make a love letter to all the attractions here at Kings Island, only for the story to be confuddle with references that most of the G.P. won't get.  It's like Disney's Wish but in a theme park style.  Too much backstory that it's down right confusing.

Now I know how much you want to see it happen, and I know you do.  But I think that the story in this ride could use some alteration to be stand alone but still connected to the Kings Island Universe.  My attractions idea has a story that connects to the birth of these rides in their stories, but follow their own stories instead.  What I'm trying to say is, do something that foreshadows future attraction, and make new ideas that connects and tell stories by the rides indienty.  I hope you can make a good story, and I looking forward to hearing more about it.  But just make it the best you can without intertwining with other coaster as the vocal point.  Thanks for reading it.