Kings Island next coaster survey 2024

WoodVengeance

39 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Didn't Kings Island send out a survey a few years ago about Planet Snoopy, with a "playground" and an air conditioned indoor dining space being the top two things most talked about?  We are getting the playground and the dining turned into PigPens mess hall, a finger food counter service location. I get finger foods for a kids area, and the theme for the place looks good. But it's not air conditioned for the parents and it's really just replacing an eatery that was demolished, that was rarely open. 

I'm not sure....it seems very random who gets surveys and who doesn't. I have never gotten a survey of this type since becoming a pass holder (no matter what park in the chain. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tr0y said:

So with that being said, it’s likely we’re getting one of those 4 coasters.

Maybe one of those four coaster models, probably not the exact layouts they showed. I highly doubt we'll ever see that tower concept come to Kings Island or Cedar Point given how bad the capacity would be. It's also possible it could be something else entirely like how Canada's Wonderland did with their survey from last year.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WoodVengeance said:

Maybe one of those four coaster models, probably not the exact layouts they showed. I highly doubt we'll ever see that tower concept come to Kings Island or Cedar Point given how bad the capacity would be. It's also possible it could be something else entirely like how Canada's Wonderland did with their survey from last year.

Yeah I agree. I think the surveys are just to get a general idea of what type of rides the public would like to see. I don’t think any of these rides on the survey will be the exact same as shared in the concept if the park decided to go with one of them. 

• Like 2

On 4/28/2024 at 10:46 AM, beastfan11 said:

Bring on the dark ride coaster! 

phantom theater *clap clap clap clap clap* phantom theater *clap clap clap clap clap*

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

With rumors of Canada’s Wonderland’s new coaster in 2025 being from Zamperla makes me wonder if Cedar Fair purchased a lightning launch package for multiple parks in the chain. If so I think this could be a good fit for KI. The lightning launch can have a rider height requirement of 48 inches which would be fantastic considering Vortex had the same requirement. I know packages don’t happen as often as we think they do but I just thought it was interesting.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2024 at 1:07 PM, Orion742 said:

With rumors of Canada’s Wonderland’s new coaster in 2025 being from Zamperla makes me wonder if Cedar Fair purchased a lightning launch package for multiple parks in the chain. If so I think this could be a good fit for KI. The lightning launch can have a rider height requirement of 48 inches which would be fantastic considering Vortex had the same requirement. I know packages don’t happen as often as we think they do but I just thought it was interesting.

https://www.zamperla.com/product/lightning

Yeah I would not complain if we got a multi-launch, well themed ride similar to Maverick in our park. Put that sucker in the old Vortex location and I'll be very happy. 

• Like 2