Construction in area 72

SmartCat7162

6 hours ago, SmartCat7162 said:

I saw on the Facebook page that their was some sort of concrete pouring going on in Area 72. I can't find the post now that I am making this one, but if I do I will link it.

Is this from a reliable source? I’m not at the park today to check.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, zac2211 said:

Woah! This is actually a lot bigger than I anticipated. My first thought is possibly a new restaurant however Meteor Canteen is right near by so maybe this could be a Coke Freestyle or drink stand? If we’re thinking rides in this plot of land I think a Zamperla NebulaZ could possibly work here but we’ll have to wait and see. Love all the park improvements, keep up the great work KI!

• Like 2

There does not appear to be any infrastructure installed other than a pair of outlets. I don't see any drainage, water lines, or large electrical conduit to think this is anything major. 

• Like 2

Im thinking a bar of some kind. 

It totally could be, but they do already have the beer cart next to it and also they are building 21 and colder fairly close to it so I don’t think they would build a large bar there. I can’t read construction markings, but to me with the four rectangles it looks like it could be some sort of pagoda. But the orange rectangles totally could mean something else. But also could be a more permanent bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, SmartCat7162 said:

It totally could be, but they do already have the beer cart next to it and also they are building 21 and colder fairly close to it so I don’t think they would build a large bar there. I can’t read construction markings, but to me with the four rectangles it looks like it could be some sort of pagoda. But the orange rectangles totally could mean something else. But also could be a more permanent bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rivertown enters the chat with larosas bar, the new bar, the Brew House bar and the slushy bar.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I was at the park yesterday.  I think the back of the pad will line up with the solid fence, so effectively the park removed a curb, part of a chain link fence, and is extending the concrete to a location which I think was previously just trees and grass.  It’s directly on the midway, it really looks like it is for a store, small building, etc.  Which to me, based on all the other work, and the lack of water/drainage, screams bar.

For this to be for a haunt, new ride, or just about anything else, it pretty much has to only be an entrance way.  There appears to be a dirt path behind this pad but it might just be from the heavy equipment that cleared the space.  There is no indications of a concrete path.  There is tons of room back there, so it’s possible we will see more.  But at least right now, it looks like this concrete pad, is all the space that is needed, and it’s just not that big.

• Like 2

It could, but there is already an existing Coke Refill station right next to the Dodgems, by the basketball game.  Seems kind of close to that.

I think that area could certainly use a flat ride with a lower height requirement to capture the guests in that area that are too short for Flight of Fear and Orion.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

It could, but there is already an existing Coke Refill station right next to the Dodgems, by the basketball game.  Seems kind of close to that.

I think that area could certainly use a flat ride with a lower height requirement to capture the guests in that area that are too short for Flight of Fear and Orion.

Don't forget that they don't have water pipe for this construction nor electrical equipment.  So it looks like it could be some sort of theming element, or a entrance portal for a brand new ride or haunt maze.

1 hour ago, CoastersRZ said:

Agreed. I mentioned it above but the concrete platform could work with a few flat ride models Zamperla makes. And we know that CF and Zamperla have a really good relationship. Should be interesting.

• Like 2

I don't think this is going to be for a flat ride. Usually we wouldn't see construction for a new ride this early into the prior season unless it was for a major coaster. (Which given the plot, it's not)

Given the size, I don't think it's going to be for anything significant. Think of something like a new gift shop, VIP area or a food/drink stand.

• Like 2

Pretty sure it’s for a human claw game.  Cedar Point is in the process of installing one right now, and Kings Island filled a permit to install one a few weeks ago.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Kenban said:

Kings Island filled a permit to install one a few weeks ago.

Source on that? Honestly I was going to post something similar on how it being a possibility that it could be a human claw machine seeing how CP is adding one and from the photos that I have seen of the progress on the CP one, it looks like something that would work in Area 72. 

12 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Source on that? Honestly I was going to post something similar on how it being a possibility that it could be a human claw machine seeing how CP is adding one and from the photos that I have seen of the progress on the CP one, it looks like something that would work in Area 72. 

The city of Mason website?  Its permit BLD24-0364, the description is Kings Island HUMAN CLAW INSTALLATION, just go do a building permit search and search for that record.

• Like 1

I've never heard of such a thing until now.  I guess this means that we are definitely in a post COVID world when some sweaty germ ridden human can be dropped in a pit of crap that other sweaty germ ridden humans have wallowed around in, while people gather to watch.  And in this case, the viewing area is already congested unless they open up a plaza behind the claw machine.  

Without opening up significant space behind this area, this is very, very poor planning. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ShedTreeBoi1 said:

I really hope it's not a human claw machine, it seems so gimmicky and would be such an eyesore.

You better hope really hard LOL

What do you mean you don't want to get some inflatable toys?

Don't worry, after it runs its course, I am sure they will be more than happy to convert the space to an alcohol stand...

447748592_10233057647361765_862527137608

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/10/2024 at 11:41 AM, disco2000 said:

You better hope really hard LOL

What do you mean you don't want to get some inflatable toys?

Don't worry, after it runs its course, I am sure they will be more than happy to convert the space to an alcohol stand...

447748592_10233057647361765_862527137608

Now you know DARN well if there were bottles of alcohol in there adults would be lined up all the way to The Beast entrance to play this game. Trying to grab as many as they can get their mitts on. That would be quite a show :lol: