Permits for A Soak City Addition and Improvements coming in 2025

A water coaster would be a welcomed addition! Kinda seems fitting too since the neighboring Great Wolf Lodge got rid of theirs. 

Hoping for Fast Lane option since I know for a fact this thing will undoubtedly have long waits. 

• Like 2

It even lists the additions price on that publicly-accessible city-governed web site, very interesting how much it costs! Lot of money for sure, don't always realize how expensive this stuff is.

Update: The construction files are listed publicly alongside it too. Look at your own risk.

Went through them, gonna be a great addition, very excited

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

Well we got the placement for the Water Coaster.  Now where will the splash pad or Rain Fortress location.

If you mean the new kids stuff, to the left of Mondo Monsoon (if you're looking towards it from the path)

• Like 1

• IndyGuy4KI changed the title to Permits for A Soak City Addition and Improvements coming in 2025

The city of Mason and the park have made this almost too easy.  The park is filing permits with the model name of the attraction, which can now be easily searched for.  Then the city makes the documents filed along with the permit available to download, meaning no need to even drive over and take pictures of the paper blueprints.

• Like 1

I'm just excited to see an investment! I was worried we'd see a nothing year after getting adventure port and camp Snoopy. I really hope we see a new coaster in 2026 and then get the nothing year. Not that I ever want a nothing year but I'd rather get one after a big coaster addition if we get one

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Park PR/marketing folks probably love when enthusiasts do this....

Almost like it’s their job to foster a relationship with entities like KIC and the SP Group to control this sort of thing. 

Yay! A dueling watercoaster that probably will only have one side operating on any given day, with 5 tubes.  Although it will be a fun experience, the not operating all the attractions in the waterpark at full capacity is what gets me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, johnjniehaus said:

I'm just excited to see an investment! I was worried we'd see a nothing year after getting adventure port and camp Snoopy. I really hope we see a new coaster in 2026 and then get the nothing year. Not that I ever want a nothing year but I'd rather get one after a big coaster addition if we get one

2025 was committed for this year. With the merger expected to close on July 1, don't be surprised if there is not a major new attraction for 2026. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DonHelbig said:

2025 was committed for this year. With the merger expected to close on July 1, don't be surprised if there is not a major new attraction for 2026. 

Using Canada's Wonderland as an example, they sent out a coaster survey in 2023 with a few concepts. Most are speculating that it is a new launched roller coaster, unconfirmed of course. There is major construction at Wonder Mountain, with footers popping up recently so they are building something big. Given the timeline these projects take, like with Orion where it started in 2018, they take time. Seeing how Kings Island sent out their own surveys this year, they are very likely still in the planning stage. Who knows what the merger will do to progress, but there is at least something on the table after all.

• Like 4

On 6/29/2024 at 12:40 PM, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

Well we got the placement for the Water Coaster.  Now where will the splash pad or Rain Fortress location.

New slide structure and deck expansion/shade structures shown:

image.png

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

Looks cool and sweet.  I got the feeling that the shades are the vip lounges.  If i'm wrong, sorry.

Most are new cabanas according to the permits, if that's what you're referring too.