Top Thrill Dragster Incident

Zamperla leaked the details on their website. It was promptly removed and Cedar Point is none too happy about it. The spike will be 420ft, there are 3 launches. I think they said it will be a 79mph launch 1st, followed by a stronger launch (one would assume up the spike) and then a final launch of 120mph. 

Can't wait for the official announcement tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, KIBeast said:
Spoiler

Zamperla leaked the details on their website. It was promptly removed and Cedar Point is none too happy about it. The spike will be 420ft, there are 3 launches. I think they said it will be a 79mph launch 1st, followed by a stronger launch (one would assume up the spike) and then a final launch of 120mph. 

Can't wait for the official announcement tomorrow.

See the posts above with Spoiler tags...

My gut tells me the "screenshot" yesterday of the Zamperla website is a total hoax.

Top Thrill 2?

CP has been VERY reluctant to acknowledge the ride formerly known as TTD other than new promotional video of the ride & the new formula for thrills.  Using TTD in any variation would be like KI using "Beast" in another coaster name.

Tomorrow will be fun and will hopefully move on from a very dark time in CP's history.  I highly doubt we will hear about the future settlement or result of the lawsuit against CP & hope the victim from a couple years ago gets everything +more.

5 minutes ago, Browntggrr said:

My gut tells me the "screenshot" yesterday of the Zamperla website is a total hoax.

Top Thrill 2?

CP has been VERY reluctant to acknowledge the ride formerly known as TTD other than new promotional video of the ride & the new formula for thrills.  Using TTD in any variation would be like KI using "Beast" in another coaster name.

Tomorrow will be fun and will hopefully move on from a very dark time in CP's history.  I highly doubt we will hear about the future settlement or result of the lawsuit against CP & hope the victim from a couple years ago gets everything +more.

It's Zamperla's website.

There are videos on Zamperla's YouTube page, since hidden, showing the fabrication of the steel and testing of their "fast switch" mechanism.

While those have since been taken down, the internet remembers.  It's all too thorough and realistic to be an elaborate hoax.

The ride manufacturer may not know the name or any other marketing material about the ride (beyond core specs of course) before the park's official announcement.  Besides, they seem to want to distance this from TTD 1.0 so it's reasonable to expect a new name.

It's Zamperla.

6 minutes ago, Browntggrr said:

^ It should be noted that I never said it wasn't Zamperla, just the screenshot was a hoax.

It was live on their website for a while.  Long enough the internet web archive captured a copy of the page.

https://web.archive.org/web/20230730151056/https://www.zamperla.com/top-thrill-2/

EDIT: The name is likely a placeholder or the project name, I really don't think that will be the actual coaster name.

Edited by Kenban

13 minutes ago, Browntggrr said:

^ It should be noted that I never said it wasn't Zamperla, just the screenshot was a hoax.

Again, which "screenshot"?  The product marketing page was listed at Zamperla's site, the related videos were on Zamperla's YouTube channel.  Nothing in looking at it screamed hoax.  It all adds up.  See the Internet Archive links above.  Zamperla just posted it a couple days early, stealing CP's thunder.

28 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

If the name is a placeholder, maybe the stats are too? If you didn’t want to reveal the height of the spike, wouldn’t you also put in the height of the top hat? Just so you are working with three digits aesthetically? 

I fully expect the name is a placeholder, and that's interesting regarding the stats. The speed of the reverse launch that's listed certainly wouldn't require a 420-foot spike...

It's obviously an incomplete placeholder page, all the images were generic stock photos, and again Top Thrill 2 would be like Son of Beast.

33 minutes ago, Orion742 said:

Has the park tweeted what time to expect the announcement?

No, but given the media will be out in the morning before park open, expect to see the announcement posted early in the morning, and to see it on the news in the morning/afternoon.

• Like 1

From what I have heard is there is no formal announcement.  Not sure if its when the parking lot opens or when they will be allowed into the park but I heard the media will be given the information starting at 5:00 AM.  Interviews with the park representatives and manufacturer happen at 8:30 AM.  My understanding is there is no embargo and media can go live with the information as soon as they want.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PKIDelirium said:

I fully expect the name is a placeholder, and that's interesting regarding the stats. The speed of the reverse launch that's listed certainly wouldn't require a 420-foot spike...

It's obviously an incomplete placeholder page, all the images were generic stock photos, and again Top Thrill 2 would be like Son of Beast.

Ive been saying all along since seeing the B.S. "leak" that the only thing true is that its Zamperla, and everything else is exactly that... B.S.  I am feeling that this combined with the B.S. "discovered" HTML code that was briefly on the CP website hold the truth together.  I feel everything in that "oops" is correct (276ft spike, 65/87/112 launch speeds) but the Polaris name is not.

Feels like we're going back to the old days of announcements where they just put the announcement out there for the media. Remember the original Dragster was announced on a local news station I believe. Maverick was just an announcement on the website I believe. Unfortunately I feel as if the days of in person announcements are over. That makes me sad though as the Orion announcement was an awesome atmosphere. However, those types of events take lots of planning and with social media being the big thing nowadays it's easier to just do one online instead of taking all the time and money to plan a large in person event. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, disco2000 said:

You mean another CF park is only going to do a press release for a much bigger announcement than KI's improvement this year? 

Maybe it's the company and not the person (cross-threading)

I mean what they plan to do with TTD is a highly anticipated announcement.

Given that there’s a negative reason as to why they refurbished TTD, Cedar Point might not want to have a huge event to commemorate it. 

3 hours ago, disco2000 said:

You mean another CF park is only going to do a press release for a much bigger announcement than KI's improvement this year? 

Maybe it's the company and not the person (cross-threading)

I mean what they plan to do with TTD is a highly anticipated announcement.

Well there is like 6 hotel / resorts around CP that are conveniently owned by CF. That may be a reason they need to get the word out to the world. Those rooms aren’t gonna fill themselves. :P

5 minutes ago, Tr0y said:

Well there is like 6 hotel / resorts around CP that are conveniently owned by CF. That may be a reason they need to get the word out to the world. Those rooms aren’t gonna fill themselves. :P

If only they had a big announcement coming up and only those staying at CF owned properties would be invited to the announcement.  They could fill them in no time lol