2023 General Kings Island Discussion

BeeastFarmer

Visited the park today for the first time since June. Overall, the park looked alright, tons of litter on the ground, melted dipping dots in various places, and still a ton of streamers in the trees in Coney Mall. 

Crowd wise, it wasn't busy. I was shocked that the regular lines were only about 15 minutes max as I went through. I watched Off The Rails for the first time...it was okay...I miss the days of All Wheel Sports at CP in the stadium. Was able to catch Phantom Theater Encore again and they definitely changed some things up with lines/jokes. It was enjoyable. 

I did get my first ride on Sol Spin and really enjoyed it, though I would have liked a bit more swinging like the traditional witches wheel rides. Adventure Express was 1 train, which was fine as I rode it earlier in the day. Had lunch at Juke Box Diner for the first time in probably 20+ years. I got the Double Stack and it was quite good! Poor crew at antique autos was short staffed that there was a line of cars at least 5 deep no matter how fast they moved to bring them into the station. I wish they could move the "stop" sign up closer to the station for ease of access to the ride operators. 

Was able to get a ride on Wild Water Canyon with a family friend and her 5 year old. I got soaked!!!! But I loved going to the geysers afterward and hitting the button without paying :P We wanted to ride Congo Falls together but sadly it was closed. 

I didn't really step foot into Planet Snoopy, but thought the signs for Camp Snoopy looked great. Diamondback is still half painted which still cracks me up. Orion was a great ride both times. Beast was good, minus the likely 12-14 year old boys screaming at the top of their lungs right behind me just for "fun."  

Overall, had a good day. I left about 4:15ish to head back home to have dinner with my family and I was pretty bored after riding all I wanted to ride. 

Missed out on the firework show, but I'm not too upset. I may get back to the park before Haunt....not sure if I'll go to Haunt or not. 

Anywho, today's visit was a solid 7/10.

• Like 3

Thought this was interesting, I was parked in the preferred parking and was leaving just after park close tonight.  They had security at the exit of preferred parking directing traffic to the right, then another person directing people to drive down the road between the parking lot and the park itself, so we drove past the dorms, greenhouses, and behind the Great Wolf Lodge.

I suspect they have gotten complaints about how hard it can be to get out of the lot at the end of the night.  This is an interesting and unexpected fix.

Only I think the fourth time I stayed until close this year so not sure if it has been done other nights or not.

22 minutes ago, Kenban said:

Thought this was interesting, I was parked in the preferred parking and was leaving just after park close tonight.  They had security at the exit of preferred parking directing traffic to the right, then another person directing people to drive down the road between the parking lot and the park itself, so we drove past the dorms, greenhouses, and behind the Great Wolf Lodge.

I suspect they have gotten complaints about how hard it can be to get out of the lot at the end of the night.  This is an interesting and unexpected fix.

Only I think the fourth time I stayed until close this year so not sure if it has been done other nights or not.

They did this when I came in as a guest a couple of months ago.

4 minutes ago, BB1 said:

The park is insanely packed for a Tuesday in august. Mainly families, I thought that local schools started this week? 

Everybody keeps posting on FB that Tuesdays and this week are light weeks and then they complain when it is busy LOL.

That and this is the first day new and renewal passholders can get their front of the line pass, so they gotta get that freebie LOL.  FL will be longer than regular lines LOL.

1 hour ago, disco2000 said:

Everybody keeps posting on FB that Tuesdays and this week are light weeks and then they complain when it is busy LOL.

That and this is the first day new and renewal passholders can get their front of the line pass, so they gotta get that freebie LOL.  FL will be longer than regular lines LOL.

To be honest I don’t even check online fb groups for tips and tricks. I’m still out of the loop on the new passes even as I’ve been focusing on work and my USO AP.

In other news the chef’s special is actually pretty good in light of how small the portions are. 

17 minutes ago, Orion742 said:

Anyone know why The Beast, Banshee, Invertigo and FOF are all closed right now? Is it staffing or just unlucky.

Update: Orion just went down… 

Once the FastLane line gets longer than the regular line they shut it down :P

I think it is just unlucky as they all have enough staff standing around to operate.  Some rides are also down due to wind.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

It seems like invertago has been down for at least the past month or more. Once Vortex replacement is underway I say it's time to get out the demo team. 

I have a feeling we may see Invertigo gone sooner than we thought…

With a new smooth boomerang that will have no head banging and hopefully be reliable on the way I think there is a very high chance this may be Invertigo’s last year…

5 hours ago, Orion742 said:

I have a feeling we may see Invertigo gone sooner than we thought…

With a new smooth boomerang that will have no head banging and hopefully be reliable on the way I think there is a very high chance this may be Invertigo’s last year…

Yeah I was thinking once Vortex replacement was announced it maybe on the way out the door. The park is aging and their is at least one other coaster that may get the axe I feel