2023 General Kings Island Discussion

BeeastFarmer

9 hours ago, Tr0y said:

Is it me or have all but a few bees have disappeared from Kings Island this season? The outdoor Coca-Cola refill stations used to be swarming in them last year. Now the only bees I have seen were carpenter bees around Race for your life Charlie Brown and the swarm in the parking lot that made the news. Has anyone else noticed this?

A bee or no bee? That is the question.

Had not given it that much thought, but yeah have only seen 2 or 3 in my visits so far this year.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TheBeast54 said:

Bee car incident? I am out of the loop unfortunately

There was a swarm of honeybees on a car in the parking lot.  Swarms are when a good amount of the ladies take the queen to start a new hive. They often stop and rest. Swarms are usually very calm and sedate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, DoomPlague said:

Is the wildfire smoke worse up in the tower? Don't know about Mason but here in central ohio, the air quality is pretty bad and I wonder if that causes them to close the tower.

I'm not there but if you look at the webcams at the moment, this is what you see. 

Screenshot_20230628_111536_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

So what are everyone's thoughts about this weekend? There are A LOT of factors coming into play this weekend.

-Holiday weekend. Granted the actual 4th falls on a Tuesday this year, many will be celebrating this weekend I'm sure

-Taylor Swift concert in Cincinnati tomorrow and Saturday-I wouldn't be surprised if some of these folks make their way to the park this weekend before or after the concert

-On the other end of the spectrum, the air quality could also play a role in keeping people inside this weekend and many might just skip going to the park all together 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, jdf21972 said:

The I Street camera is down again. Possible they are doing a new program for July 4th ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, someone just had to be the first on social media and post the park was doing something with the lasers at 2:30am, so instead of keeping that secret to themselves and enjoying the show, they reminded the park that "hey we should take that down" LOL.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Yep, someone just had to be the first on social media and post the park was doing something with the lasers at 2:30am, so instead of keeping that secret to themselves and enjoying the show, they reminded the park that "hey we should take that down" LOL.

You always have to point out the obvious. LOL ;)

5 minutes ago, Taylor.B03 said:

Just noticed that there is an old trivia question on the FunTV. It asks which ride experience is the fastest in the park, the awnsers are Slingshot, Orion, Drop Tower, The Beast. Slingshot is the awnser to the question.

It was the fastest to leave after getting painted :P

• Haha 7

Went to Soak City for the first time since 2018* and had a great time. It was great coming back to old favorites; I especially enjoyed Pineapple Pipeline (fka Bonsai Pipeline) and Ultratwister (not sure what it's called now). I rode all the old (WaterWorks-era) slides minus Zoom Flume (fka Rushing River) as well as Splash River, Tropical Plunge (green drop slide) and the old wave pool (Breaker's Bay). Speaking of Breaker's, I noticed that there is now only one entrance into that wave pool, with netting around the rest of the "shore" (it used to be a free-for-all as the wave pool could be entered from anywhere). Though I understand why they are doing this (I'm assuming for safety reasons), it still took some getting used to. I did not see if the same entrance modification was made to Tidal Wave Bay.

*I've visited the waterpark since then, I just haven't ridden anything since 2018

• Like 1

If you are at KI today, avoid Coney Mall (and reportedly Area 72); there is currently a bug infestation. It’s worse from WindSeeker to the basketball game. Coney BBQ patio is much less of a swarm, but there are a few.

EDIT: The bugs are less in AP and even less so in Action Zone

• Like 2