Adventure Port Ride Reviews

IndyGuy4KI

13 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

I love this part too! Have you ever ridden a Condor-type ride (they are pretty rare nowadays)? It's pretty much that, but the whole apparatus rises in the air.

https://www.hussrides.com/en/classic-rides/condor-2g2gh

According to Wikipedia, there are only 3 operating in the United States - one at Great Escape (NY), one at Six Flags Great America, and one at NJFTP (er, Six Flags Great Adventure). I rode the one at Hersheypark before it was removed.

The one at Hershey was the best one ever.  It was built in top of a hill, so it felt much higher than any others  

Condor is a great comfortable high capacity flat ride.   It’s still manufactured by Huss.  

The superior (to Endeavour) Enterprise is also still manufactured.   There is a version with alternating enclosed gondola (no restraint) and open side by side seating.  It’s a shame Sol Spin isn’t one of those. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2023 at 7:09 AM, MDMC01 said:

According to Wikipedia, there are only 3 operating in the United States - one at Great Escape (NY), one at Six Flags Great America, and one at NJFTP (er, Six Flags Great Adventure). I rode the one at Hersheypark before it was removed.

I was at Great Adventure last year and I don't ever remember seeing or riding a Condor ride at that park.  

I have ridden the one at Six Flags Great America and it's an amazing flat ride! 

• Like 1

On 7/6/2023 at 8:24 PM, super7 said:

The superior (to Endeavour) Enterprise is also still manufactured.   There is a version with alternating enclosed gondola (no restraint) and open side by side seating.  It’s a shame Sol Spin isn’t one of those. 

What! I had no idea that Huss was still manufacturing Enterprise rides! I checked their website and it's listed amongst their classic rides. Alright Kings Island you might not have been able to get us a real Bisch-rocco flying scooter ride but you could have gotten a real enterprise and you gave us the knock off brand?! My normal park goer side says what the heck I rode sol.spin and I liked it enough and the whole area looks nice but my enthusiast side says you idiots why didn't you do it right and give us the real version of the ride (that is more enjoyable btw)

• Like 1

Just now, IndyGuy4KI said:

My suspicion is that since they installed many  of their rides in a few parks, they got a deal on a multi ride purchase. With that deal, they were able to give KI the opportunity to get two.

That, and Huss isn’t exactly the most reliable manufacturer anymore… see: Timber Tower at Dollywood. 

2 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

My suspicion is that since they installed many  of their rides in a few parks, they got a deal on a multi ride purchase. With that deal, they were able to give KI the opportunity to get two

Most likely this is true and understandable and I don't begrudge them at all for the decision. I'm sure they had a budget to stick to... there's a reason nobody will ever hire me for one of those top dog jobs seeing as I'll be throwing money at nostalgic rides all day long 

2 hours ago, DeltaFlyer said:

That, and Huss isn’t exactly the most reliable manufacturer anymore… see: Timber Tower at Dollywood. 

Unfortunately it's true that HUSS has made some of the most unique rides out there but they come along with issues. Another example worth mentioning is Sledgehammer at Canadas Wonderland. That ride seems like it has a lot of downtime and whenever I was there had an entire arm closed off. 

22 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

I actually think I’d now agree. Cargo Loco was my (new) favorite, but Sol Spin is just so different from anything else in the park. Also, I love the drum beat audio track in line. :)

You mean the same 5 beats on a 10 second loop? Also as other have mentioned, they really need some thematic old sails put up as a canopy for shade.

23 hours ago, DJSkyFoxx said:

Maybe I'm in the minority but I vastly prefer Sol Spin over a traditional Enterprise. I enjoy the solo style seating and the freedom it gives quite a bit. And being 12 rides in at this point it still stands as my favorite flat. 

I do like the open style seating vs the dog crates. However the traditional enterprises are much more forceful, and they don’t have the goose being ran over by a car noise either. :P

41 minutes ago, Stoan said:

You mean the same 5 beats on a 10 second loop? Also as other have mentioned, they really need some thematic old sails put up as a canopy for shade.

Agree to that. They have the shade structures in some of the oddest places, but not over the Queues where you are actually standing… in the sun. And no “theme appropriate” old fans stirring the air. 

1 hour ago, Tr0y said:

I do like the open style seating vs the dog crates. However the traditional enterprises are much more forceful, and they don’t have the goose being ran over by a car noise either. :P

If you’re thinking of the long beeping noise the ride makes when it starts up, that noise reminds me of the intro to Skillet’s song “Surviving the Game”. 

• Haha 1

I noticed on busy Friday that the luster seems to be over for these low quality Zamperla rides.  The barrels had no line and the endeavour line was about 2 rows in the queue.   The older, quality flat rides (monster, troika, wave swinger, frisbee  etc) had longer lines than these new rides.  

I was in the last row of the train yesterday. On the tunnel right before the first lift, I looked over to the right and saw the little masks that they put on KI Social before the season started just laying there. I hope with the stuff they are waiting on, they are able to utilize them. 

I also noticed the exit audio of "always on the right track" was not working yesterday. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I also noticed the exit audio of "always on the right track" was not working yesterday. 

Out of every time I've rode it this year, it always is hilarious to me that the original forbidden temple lift sfx works 100% of the time over the brand new stuff. I can count on my hands how many times I have rode it where all sfx worked correctly. I've had it loop *Come in Adventure Express* the whole time up the lift and even after dropping it still played, other times the final sfx doesn't work half the time, sometimes no audio on lift 1 until the very end *stay vigilant, and be careful* plays. It's very broken. I don't even know how in 2023, the old stuff works way better than the new stuff. 

• Like 1

On 7/23/2023 at 12:15 AM, super7 said:

I noticed on busy Friday that the luster seems to be over for these low quality Zamperla rides.  The barrels had no line and the endeavour line was about 2 rows in the queue.   The older, quality flat rides (monster, troika, wave swinger, frisbee  etc) had longer lines than these new rides.  

Are you familiar with the concept of anecdotal evidence and why it is comically absurd to draw conclusions based on it? Also maybe familiarize yourself with confirmation bias.

4 hours ago, DispatchMaster said:

Are you familiar with the concept of anecdotal evidence and why it is comically absurd to draw conclusions based on it? Also maybe familiarize yourself with confirmation bias.

I think everyone should read those links.

It’s easy to fall into the trap of, “The park was dead when I was there so attendance must be down.”

- or -

“I’m disappointed Orion isn’t 300’ tall so no one is buying tickets to ride it.”

We ALL fall into that trap from time to time. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DispatchMaster said:

No, they're both wrong (though I think Gordon was making a joke).

Also, whether or not Ride A has a long wait does not indicate whether or not that ride is more popular than rides that have shorter or nonexistent waits. There are many factors at play, not the least of which is capacity.

We were both joking.

• Like 1