Wolfpack building activity

SonofBaconator

1 hour ago, silver2005 said:

As bad as the TTD incident was, Son of Beast had way more of them (not just limited to the 2006 and 2009 incidents), so its SOB being worst by a mile.  TTD had a far better safety record. 

RCCA were complete frauds in my book.   I actually respect Intamin and Zamperla.  They've done good work aside from TT2.  All of RCCA's coasters are/were garbage. 

I should also correct something- the loop on SOB wasn't the problem.  The 2006 incident happened in the first helix and part of it was lighter trains that made the track flex less, but the lighter Gerstlauer trains that replaced the heavier Premier trains weren't approved to do loops and probably couldn't due to the lack of weight. 

thanks for pointing out one of my biggest gripes with that recounting for the loop removal, sure PR side it probably did make more sense to just say the trains couldn't complete the loop, but lets all be honest, the new trains restraints were definitely not rated for that kind of use, nor would it be likely gerstlauer would approve of such use, even if they had been able to complete the original ride course with the loop.

I always thought the logo post loop removal looked really sad too. It was definitely empty without the signature element. I appreciate that all of the SoB merch they've released over the years uses the original logo with the loop. It always looked so cool. I really wanna get one of the metal light up signs from Scott's page as that has always been one of my favorite logos. 

For the fun of it, lets just say they did do a reboot. I wonder what the new logo would look like? I would hope they would still use the eyes as those are iconic to the design. A mix of old and new would be really rad.

• Like 5

I’ll put TT2 as the bigger failure. Waste of huge amounts of time and money. It’s like they didn’t learn anything from the SoB failures and repeated them again. At some point, you have to cut your losses and move on, no matter how much it hurts.

SoB was far better with the loop than without it. Without the loop it became an extremely painful experience. I can’t tell you the number of times I climbed out with pain and marks on my legs.

1 hour ago, fyrfyter said:

I’ll put TT2 as the bigger failure. Waste of huge amounts of time and money. It’s like they didn’t learn anything from the SoB failures and repeated them again. At some point, you have to cut your losses and move on, no matter how much it hurts.

SoB was far better with the loop than without it. Without the loop it became an extremely painful experience. I can’t tell you the number of times I climbed out with pain and marks on my legs.

yes, it felt like someone beat me with ball bats across my thighs

The other thing about SOB that makes it worse for me is that it practically had modifications done to it every year (including multiple modifications in single seasons) of its existence and still had the incidents and dwindling ridership, and on top of that, no company worth a crap (GCI, CCI, etc) would touch it and it all had to be done in house, including the loop removal work in 2007.  

Werner Stengel even designed SOB and I've heard he distances himself from it when it's brought up.  

• Like 1

Somewhat off topic of the current conversation in the chat, but I love that there is still discussion about SOB and I love seeing all the theories and ideas about revivals/reboots. But I also grew up obsessed with youtube channels like game theory and stuff, so I'm always all about theorizing stuff and connecting pieces together, even if they don't always make sense or actually connect. just fun stuff creatively. 

this chat honestly makes me want to go to haunt this friday to try and check out the SOB inspired lantern spot and all the stuff people are talking about in here. gives some use to my pass I bought before my friend group split up earlier this year. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 3dgyrat said:

Somewhat off topic of the current conversation in the chat, but I love that there is still discussion about SOB and I love seeing all the theories and ideas about revivals/reboots. But I also grew up obsessed with youtube channels like game theory and stuff, so I'm always all about theorizing stuff and connecting pieces together, even if they don't always make sense or actually connect. just fun stuff creatively. 

this chat honestly makes me want to go to haunt this friday to try and check out the SOB inspired lantern spot and all the stuff people are talking about in here. gives some use to my pass I bought before my friend group split up earlier this year. 

I recommend going over to the SOB station to check out the activation spot. My wife and I did that last night and thought that was the best spot to use your lantern. We personally think this could be hinting at something. To set something like that up strictly for Haunt makes zero sense to me. I don't think anyone should overlook this.