Camp Snoopy Arrives in 2024 at Kings Island

Attention Campers!

Join Snoopy and the Beagle Scouts next year at Kings Island’s new Camp Snoopy. Opening in 2024, the expansion of the park’s award-winning Planet Snoopy kids’ area will feature Snoopy’s Soap Box Racers, a brand-new family roller coaster that races both forward and backward; and Beagle Scout Acres, an area where kids can run, crawl, play or relax with the family in a shaded comfortable space. 

Experience new ways for kids and families to play at Kings Island with Camp Snoopy. It’s guaranteed to feel like a day at camp where you can play your way by exploring and relaxing in the great outdoors with Snoopy and the Beagle Scouts. Members of the Peanuts gang will lead you in Camptivities where you can raise the flag up the flagpole, light a campfire or make the camp bugle sound! Then, when you need a break, sit with the whole family and enjoy a snack.

Rendering of Kings Island's Camp Snoopy kids' area.

Snoopy's Soap Box Racers

Families and children will love this boomerang coaster that sends riders down a thrilling launch hill and hits speeds of up to 36 m.p.h. The 672-foot racetrack is filled with twists and turns making it the soap box derby no one will forget.

Rendering of Snoopy's Soap Box Racers kids' boomerang coaster at Kings Island's Camp Snoopy.

ki-24-snoopyssoapboxracers-largebanner-desktop.jpg

Beagle Scout Acres

Beagle Scout Acres is an area where kids can run, crawl, play or relax with the family in a shaded comfortable space. Explore a campsite filled with turfed mounds and grassy areas, interactive equipment to makes noise, tents to climb through or over and footprint paths made by Woodstock and his friends.

Family enjoying a shaded activity at Kings Island's Camp Snoopy kids' area.

• Like 13

Looks like in addition to a new family coaster, there will be a children's play area as well. Overall, this seems like a nice addition and some much needed love for the back part of Planet Snoopy,

Do you think this is Kings Island going for the Golden Ticket Award for best kids area again?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Orion-XL200 said:

Solid addition. 

What I'm unsure of the entire scope...is it just that small section being called Camp Snoopy or is the entire area being rethemed? 

Sounds like just that area. Would be nice if they could incorporate RFYLCB into it and even bring a food option (like camp fire burgers and dogs) to make a more complete “mini land” 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DJSkyFoxx said:

This gives me hope for Cedar Fair eventually giving Vekoma a chance to do a major install at some point if they are giving them a chance to do a family ride. 

Absolutely! If vekoma does well with this coaster hopefully the park would consider building one of their next gen coasters for The Vortex plot in the near future 

• Like 5

As for Camp Snoopy, I think it was predictable and my hopes are that a smaller addition in 2024 means a bigger one in 2025 (Phantom Theater or Vortex replacement). The new coaster looks fun and I really hope they repaint flying ace to incorporate it better into the new area. Obviously if log ride can be tied in that would be ideal as well! I guess holiday World no longer gets the bragging rights to opening the only junior boomerang in US now. 

• Like 3

I love that we are getting a (family) boomerang! Now the question is, will ours be the first to open, or will Holiday World’s?

Also, where will the coaster be located in Planet Snoopy?

EDIT: Also, if it’s true that “Camp Snoopy” will just be a portion of Planet Snoopy and not a retheme of the entire area, this will be like when the Green Slime Zone coexisted with Hanna-Barbara land in the mid-90’s.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, johnjniehaus said:

Absolutely! If vekoma does well with this coaster hopefully the park would consider building one of their next gen coasters for The Vortex plot in the near future 

That's exactly what I've been rooting for. A next-gen Vekoma looper in The Vortex plot would pay homage to the past but bring forward a better experience. 

Aside from my hopes and dreams of this, its just nice to see them working together. Looking forward to seeing the updated area next season!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

My bet is on the Madhouse.

I've been for it all along too! Part of me wonders if they could do a phantom Theater themed madhouse in Rivertown using the crypt building and giving it a new facade. It would tie in nicely with the antique photos anyway! Again I'm not sure if you could cover the amount of story/characters of Phantom in a satisfactory way with a madhouse but it's just one of those ideas you have when you're up till 3am on the eve of the Kings Island announcement day 

7 minutes ago, johnjniehaus said:

Wouldn't it be ironic if Snoopy's soapbox racer closed at 9 due to budget cuts since it'll be in the back of "Planet Snoopy" 

Speaking about that. I did screen shot the image and show which rides are going to be in Camp Snoopy.

Screenshot 2023-08-10 100015.png

The only thing that will be removed from the park is the Snack Shack.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm curious as to where the line is drawn on what rides are in Camp and what rides are in Planet. I would love to see flying ace and log flume in camp but I think they could also repaint Linus launcher and Woodstock gliders to incorporate them into camp snoopy so that everything in that back corner from Soap Box to Log flume would then be in camp snoopy 

• Like 1

• IndyGuy4KI changed the title to Camp Snoopy Arrives in 2024 at Kings Island