Camp Snoopy Construction Updates

Hawaiian Coasters 325

19 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

It's ok, nobody in this market saw it either :P

image.png

You'd think markets such as Dayton, Lexington, Columbus, etc. would be a priority to get the word out on this exciting addition for the park (I mean it's kinda cool to have 4 roller coasters in a kids area) and to get folks in the park when they are apparently hurting for cash. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, disco2000 said:

It would be you to mention this :P

Of course it would lol. I do have a little "history" with him not that I would repeat any of that though. I learned my lesson from all that, but I do really enjoy his coverage of KI and I'm glad he's WCPO's go to guy for KI coverage lol. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Wow! The train looks amazing! I’m a little disappointed they left the concrete footers below the sign but oh well. Loving the new modern look to that area, it’s needed a refresh for quite some time!

• Like 3

The new sign does not look permanent. The posts are not set in concrete, and instead are just temporarily stuck in holes in the ground and backfilled.

I would imagine a more permanent sign and/or structure will come at some point, using the existing footers, at which point they'll remove those posts and fill in the holes with the dirt they intentionally left there.

• Like 4

On 4/5/2024 at 8:49 AM, DispatchMaster said:

The new sign does not look permanent. The posts are not set in concrete, and instead are just temporarily stuck in holes in the ground and backfilled.

I would imagine a more permanent sign and/or structure will come at some point, using the existing footers, at which point they'll remove those posts and fill in the holes with the dirt they intentionally left there.

That’s what I was thinking/hoping that this was basically just for these early events and maybe the opening few weeks if the permanent one is running late. I mean, they’d never leave unused footings just out in the open like that… right? LOL. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, super7 said:

So they didn’t spend money to theme the train nose.   It’s a standard Vekoma train with stickers.    

Isn't this standard for most trains at KI. Outside of Mystic Timbers and the trains themed like trucks, and maybe the spaceship shells on the FOF trains, the teeth on Diamondback. Most of the Cedar Fair Parks have pretty standard trains with some sort of paint scheme. Makes it easier for maintenance, I wasn't expecting any radical train design for this, especially when themed to a soap box racer...

• Like 6

5 hours ago, brenthodge said:

That’s what I was thinking/hoping that this o r was basically just for these early events and maybe the opening few weeks if the permanent one is running late. I mean, they’d never leave unused footings just out in the open like that… right? LOL. 

The former King Cobra footings would like a word....lol. 

4 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Official video from the park:

Nice video, but as predicted by @BoddaH1994, they put it on socials the day after it happened as if it were today. 

Why wouldn't they want to pump up that their brand new coaster tested for the first time yesterday?  I'm assuming pass sales aren't near where they would normally be when they are doing specific market deals (see @BeeastFarmer's post on the general discussion thread from today).

• Like 2

23 hours ago, CoasterJack said:

Isn't this standard for most trains at KI. Outside of Mystic Timbers and the trains themed like trucks, and maybe the spaceship shells on the FOF trains, the teeth on Diamondback. Most of the Cedar Fair Parks have pretty standard trains with some sort of paint scheme. Makes it easier for maintenance, I wasn't expecting any radical train design for this, especially when themed to a soap box racer...

Recent thened train installations at Cedar Fair parks include Mystic Timbers, Twisted Timbers, Copperhead Strike, Steel Vengeance, Zambezi Zinger, plus the two Intimadators,   The concept art for this ride looked like it would be themed.  

• Like 1

The park says Camp Snoopy will open late spring. What does that mean for rides that were integrated into Camp Snoopy, including Franklin's Flyers, Woodstock's Air Rail, and Charlie Brown's Rushing River Log Ride? If they're open with the park on April 20, then only part of Camp Snoopy opens late spring as other parts would be open. 

• Like 6

On 4/6/2024 at 8:08 PM, DonHelbig said:

The park says Camp Snoopy will open late spring. What does that mean for rides that were integrated into Camp Snoopy, including Franklin's Flyers, Woodstock's Air Rail, and Charlie Brown's Rushing River Log Ride? If they're open with the park on April 20, then only part of Camp Snoopy opens late spring as other parts would be open. 

As a family with 3 kiddos 2 of them smaller if most of planet snoop y is closed for an extended period of time we could be in trouble.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flightoffear1996 said:

As a family with 3 kiddos 2 of them smaller if most of planet snoop y is closed for an extended period of time we could be in trouble.  

From what I understand, Planet Snoopy will open with the park but Camp Snoopy won’t open until late spring. Camp Snoopy is only that back section of the area.

1 hour ago, SmartCat7162 said:

After the most recent video and them talking about the new camp snoopy sign it will be interesting to see what happens with those concrete footers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sounds like the new sign is permanent. I feel like they would have removed them when they took the sign out if they were but we’ll see. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SmartCat7162 said:

After the most recent video and them talking about the new camp snoopy sign it will be interesting to see what happens with those concrete footers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BUSHES!!!!

11 hours ago, brenthodge said:

BUSHES!!!!

I'm not in construction or know anything about it so this could be standard. But I do find it weird that they left the nuts on the threading which means they would have had to put them back on. Which means something might be put there, but I could be wrong. 

• Like 2

On 4/5/2024 at 8:49 AM, DispatchMaster said:

I was thinking the same: the sign was just there for the photo op. 

But with that being said, how did no one think, “we should probably do something about the unused footers sticking up in front of the sign.” If you’re going to create a photo op you probably shouldn’t inject eyesores into them. :)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I was thinking the same: the sign was just there for the photo op. 

But with that being said, how did no one think, “we should probably do something about the unused footers sticking up in front of the sign.” If you’re going to create a photo op you probably shouldn’t inject eyesores into them. :)

I have a solution for them.... PhotoShop. 5 minutes with the "clone" and "airbrush" tools and those cement footers go POOF!

That said, the Camp Snoopy sign was likely designed and created by a third party (such as Kingdom Productions with the Adventure Port theming- though I don't know who has this project). Any third party wanting to "market" their work will keep going until it has a visual/aesthetically appealing presentation.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Outdoor Man said:

Any third party wanting to "market" their work will keep going until it has a visual/aesthetically appealing presentation.

Keep going? Like, infinitely, without a fixed budget? It's odd that someone who has allegedly "owned a handful of businesses in the past decade" would be unaware of cost constraints.

20 minutes ago, PKIDelirium said:

Phew, they ripped out the orange concrete for proper sign installation, and painted the fences for Linus Launcher.

Yeah tons of photos i didnt post. Right by Linus's Launchers they are doing stained concrete. They also painted those bathrooms Brown. Its going to look really good once its all done. 

• Like 1

If we learned anything from tracking Adventure Port progress last year, it's that a lot can happen in a short period of time. Right now the playground is just some gravel and excavators, and the mess hall is a frame. By the weekend, who knows. By next weekend? Could be drastic, just like Adventure Port took major leaps during each week until it all came together. On opening day it was just concrete and ride foundations, it looked like a possible disaster. But once declared completed and opened, it had become unrecognizable from the depressing construction site sitting on the midway.

• Like 5

• IndyGuy4KI unpinned and unfeatured this topic