Six Flags and Cedar Fair Merge

17 hours ago, homestar92 said:

One of the parks in this story has been controlled by Six Flags all that time. The other by KECO/Paramount/Cedar Fair. Do you know which is which?

Silly homestar, don't you know that now is the time for hyperbole and continually judging the entire legacy of the former Six Flags Entertainment Corporation based on the CEO from the late 90's and early 2000's? You're not supposed to say NICE things! Quick, crack a Six Flags over Sandusky joke to right your wrongs!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DonHelbig said:

If the product allows you to do the same thing, what difference does it make if it's called Fast Lane, The Flash Pass, or Daffy Duck's Quick Access Pass? 

Many would not like it if they changed The Beast to Goliath or The Racer to The Bosses.  They'd still do the same thing, though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

Silly homestar, don't you know that now is the time for hyperbole and continually judging the entire legacy of the former Six Flags Entertainment Corporation based on the CEO from the late 90's and early 2000's? You're not supposed to say NICE things! Quick, crack a Six Flags over Sandusky joke to right your wrongs!

I'd be willing to crack a Six Flags over Coney Mall joke, but that's been gone for about 10 years now.

• Like 1

^I don't buy that.  I drove that distance last summer doing my trip and SFA definitely has the DC and Baltimore markets to pull from comfortably.   DC and Baltimore to KD, HP and DP are a hike.  

I'm taking the patient approach to all this.  I'm nowhere close to the doom and gloom approach a lot of the KI fanbase is taking, especially knowing that CF higher ups are still mostly in control of things.   I'm choosing to be cautiously optimistic for now.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, silver2005 said:

^I don't buy that.  I drove that distance last summer doing my trip and SFA definitely has the DC and Baltimore markets to pull from comfortably.   DC and Baltimore to KD, HP and DP are a hike.  

I'm taking the patient approach to all this.  I'm nowhere close to the doom and gloom approach a lot of the KI fanbase is taking, especially knowing that CF higher ups are still mostly in control of things.   I'm choosing to be cautiously optimistic for now.  

If you look at how most people view SFA compared to other parks, the reviews are not great. Not saying it needs to be axed but I’ve also heard that the land value is pretty high.

• Like 1

^I take enthusiast talk with a grain of salt anymore.  I believe in the 'those who know don't tell and those who tell don't know' approach. A lot of enthusiasts are 20-somethings who aren't privy to the whole picture of things and cherry pick one or two things to try and predict something without taking in the wider picture.  

I'll believe it when I see it, but I'm not putting much value into predictions with the initial high emotions a lot of enthusiasts are having at this early moment in the merging process.   Heck, I don't even consider MIA or Great Escape on the chopping block yet either, it's too early to predict anything like that IMO. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

It looks like the Six Flags App theme has been updated. It will be nice to have all the parks in one app in the future. 

Screenshot_20240703-104039.png

I like that all the Six Flags parks are in the same app. Just a better app overall than what the former Cedar Fair parks have. More engaging, better content, easier to navigate. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DonHelbig said:

I like that all the Six Flags parks are in the same app. Just a better app overall than what the former Cedar Fair parks have. More engaging, better content, easier to navigate. 

Yeah, that just makes more sense. Though I did recently update the KI app and it does have some nice improvements at least.

On 7/2/2024 at 10:42 AM, FALLINLOVE09 said:

I think they should have a Cedar Fair Legacy Passport for the ones who don't have any desire to visit the Six Flags parks or just don't want to pay all that money. Same with Six Flags parks, there should be a Six Flags Legacy Passport that only works for the Six Flags parks. Nobody should obligated to get a Passport for ALL parks for a expensive price. 

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves. We don't know how the pricing will work. I'm sure it will go up at least a little but when you consider how cheap the All-Park Passport is, I don't think the pricing is based on the total number of parks but rather how many you are likely to visit in a year and how much you're willing to pay. The average passholder isn't travelling all over the country hitting other parks and the company knows that.

• Like 1