Kings Island General Discussion 2024

Imperial79

On 6/10/2024 at 12:42 PM, disco2000 said:

Although it is down now due to wind, but that is a different kind of down that doesn't make the advisory list.

It was the same last year when Adventure Port was opened for weeks yet still showed TBD on the website...

But reading FB comments apparently most don't think a webpage exists since most of the questions are answered by looking at the KI webpage lol...

I had no idea this page existed. I always saw it on the KD or Carowinds websites, but never KI. I'm glad it's there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, disco2000 said:

Not at KI but rather CP and could happen just as easily here, but this is what can happen when a guest tries to stop a line jumper.

https://fox8.com/news/woman-punched-repeatedly-in-line-for-ride-at-cedar-point-report/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR1n2trix-N76rQgVzOXu7NoaEvFeQwRi7zgu0SV23ZytnV4nkoIuYYdZU8_aem_ZmFrZWR1bW15MTZieXRlcw

CP has had quite a year so far.

• Like 1

People seriously just slide further and further down the scale. I say this almost every single day that people are devolving instead of evolving. Since when is it ever ok to assault someone over something so trivial? What example is this neanderthal showing his children? That it's ok not only to cut in line, but its also ok to assault someone when you don't get your way? Pathetic. Unfortunately these things are all too common anymore. Do better people. Seriously. If not for yourself, for your children. 

• Like 3

And that's why, even as a big tough guy, I don't mess with anyone cutting in line anymore. People seem to have extremely short fuses, less morals and are prone to fight or worse these days. Even when they are obviously in the wrong. I was taught respect and rules from my family, especially in a public place. I love my home park and never think about breaking rules or being a general jerk in respect to the place that has been my second home my whole life. I just do not get people that think they are so special the rules do not apply to them and potentially are violent like this instance.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I hope he recalibrates and fix some of the nozzles in the fountain soon. Here are just two not working properly.

Totally dead

PXL_20240618_002600693.MP.jpg

Only one side works. 

PXL_20240618_002619754.MP.jpg

You who hope who recalibrates the nozzles?

• Like 1

On 6/17/2024 at 8:29 PM, IndyGuy4KI said:

I hope they recalibrate and fix some of the nozzles in the fountain soon. Here are just two not working properly.

Totally dead

PXL_20240618_002600693.MP.jpg

Only one side works. 

PXL_20240618_002619754.MP.jpg

Wouldn’t plan on it. Hasn’t happened since year one (if then) the “fan jet” nozzles make no sense at all. They either need to be set to arch NOTICEABLY to the center, or be replaced with a trumpet jet like was there before. There’s no real difference between the two when they both just shoot “slightly off center” straight up. The whole thing needs work. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RadioRiders said:

Is there an early entry time for Soak City? I cant find it anywhere, thanks

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

They let passholders in at 10:30.  The other day, Mondo Monsoon was running at 10:30, but YMMV.

• Like 1

On my way home from another awesome day at Kings Island. I got my 50th ride on The Beast (it was amazing), rode tons of stuff including Soap Box Racers, and ate some great food. I will post a full trip report later probably.

IMG_20240623_104132942.jpg

• Like 5

Stopped by last evening for my first visit of the year. An afternoon storm cleared out some of the crowd and left us with sub 20 minute waits for everything.

Enjoyed my front and back seat rides on Banshee, front in Racer, back on Orion, back on Snoopy Soap Box, back on Mystic and Beast, the train for a nice break, and a long awaited Smurf(blue) cone. 

Got to watch my son working at his coaster like a boss, and finished with the fireworks and drone show. 

My first coaster rides since going on some very tough meds, and I felt great!

IMG_2950.jpeg

• Like 12

I’m briefly emerging from my lurking to inform you that my 2000th Bat ride is fast approaching! I plan to take it tomorrow afternoon/evening depending on how many I can get later today between the rain showers and storms.

If you’re at the park tomorrow, come celebrate with me! The exact timing will largely depend on how close I get after work today…

• Like 7

10 hours ago, VortexBFForever said:

I’m briefly emerging from my lurking to inform you that my 2000th Bat ride is fast approaching! I plan to take it tomorrow afternoon/evening depending on how many I can get later today between the rain showers and storms.

If you’re at the park tomorrow, come celebrate with me! The exact timing will largely depend on how close I get after work today…

Wish I was there with you, but not in town right now. Gonna visit another few Arrows in St. Louis tomorrow. 

Make sure you send me pictures of your milestone!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, DiamondBeast said:

Does anyone know what time they close the line for The Beast? My niece and I are going to get a night ride and I need to know what time to be in line by. It will be her first, and I haven't had one in years 

The line closes at 10pm.  If you are in before then, you will ride.

• Like 3

Anyone ride Adventure Express recently? They seem to be having issues again with one of the trains. Something also felt very different with the trims before the first lift. We barely slowed down and went around that unbanked turn at a faster rate of speed and it was very noticeable as you could feel the g foce. It hurt my back a bit. When we hit the lift you could tell it hit the lift a lil fast as it made a very loud noise almost a grinding type sound. My concerns were told to the park but in all my years riding it I even operated it, it had never done this.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PKIVortex said:

Anyone ride Adventure Express recently? They seem to be having issues again with one of the trains. Something also felt very different with the trims before the first lift. We barely slowed down and went around that unbanked turn at a faster rate of speed and it was very noticeable as you could feel the g foce. It hurt my back a bit. When we hit the lift you could tell it hit the lift a lil fast as it made a very loud noise almost a grinding type sound. My concerns were told to the park but in all my years riding it I even operated it, it had never done this.

Honestly, when I rode on June 19th I was surprised that I *didn't* feel that jolt before the first lift. I think I did notice the sound you were talking about with the lift hill though.

• Like 1

I bet the trains don't appreciate it, though. That's carrying a lot of speed through a sharp, flat turn without the braking.
Makes you wonder if that's why one train isn't operating right now. This is putting additional stress on the trains and the ride.

I wonder if the park would be willing to invest in magnetic brakes for Adventure Express, at least in the two pre-lift sections. Similar to Tennessee Tornado in 2008. Would likely require new brake fins, but that would be about it.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

• Like 1