Ride Wait Times 2024

IndyGuy4KI

^they only use weather as an excuse for lower than expected attendance LOL.  They will pat themselves on the back that the large attendance today is merger related and proof this is what the consumer wanted :P

But yeah we know it is weather related and the reason for Saturday sized crowds.

Has anyone else noticed that Invertigo has been experiencing major amounts of downtime in the past few weeks? Anyone got any idea what's going on with it? It was stopped at the bottom of the second drop before the vertical loop a few weeks ago when I was here and my friend who frequents the park multiple nights a week has said it's been down nearly every evening and will sometimes randomly open back up near the end of the night. I've been here this evening since around 5:30 and it's been down the entire time. 

On 7/1/2024 at 9:43 PM, johnjniehaus said:

Has anyone else noticed that Invertigo has been experiencing major amounts of downtime in the past few weeks? Anyone got any idea what's going on with it? It was stopped at the bottom of the second drop before the vertical loop a few weeks ago when I was here and my friend who frequents the park multiple nights a week has said it's been down nearly every evening and will sometimes randomly open back up near the end of the night. I've been here this evening since around 5:30 and it's been down the entire time. 

I've been hearing about this, but haven't personally experienced it on any of my visits thus far. Hopefully whatever is going on with it isn't anything that will have it removed any time soon. I know I am in the minority here, but I actually like it. It's also the only Vekoma Invertigo model operating in the states. If it gets kept around for awhile longer I would love to see it get updated shoulder harnesses. That would really make a huge difference in the ride experience. Granted I have it figured out how to ride it, I would not argue having a more comfortable restraint system. I would argue to say this is one of the more intense coasters in the park. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DJSkyFoxx said:

I've been hearing about this, but haven't personally experienced it on any of my visits thus far. Hopefully whatever is going on with it isn't anything that will have it removed any time soon. I know I am in the minority here, but I actually like it. It's also the only Vekoma Invertigo model operating in the states. If it gets kept around for awhile longer I would love to see it get updated shoulder harnesses. That would really make a huge difference in the ride experience. Granted I have it figured out how to ride it, I would not argue having a more comfortable restraint system. I would argue to say this is one of the more intense coasters in the park. 

Totally agree. They need to keep it around at least until they put something in The Vortex spot. We don't need to lose another coaster without any replacement

• Like 1

One other thing, when I rode the Eiffel Tower this week the operator said it was closing at 9:30 and that you can't watch the fireworks from it. Has it been like that for awhile now and I didn't realize it or is this a new policy or staffing issue? If it's that way everyday it's just sad to me whatever the reason that people cannot take part in a Kings Island tradition. 

11 minutes ago, johnjniehaus said:

One other thing, when I rode the Eiffel Tower this week the operator said it was closing at 9:30 and that you can't watch the fireworks from it. Has it been like that for awhile now and I didn't realize it or is this a new policy or staffing issue? If it's that way everyday it's just sad to me whatever the reason that people cannot take part in a Kings Island tradition. 

They have the available staffing so it's not the issue for the Eiffel Tower closing at 9:30 p.m., one side of The Racer closed 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 8 p.m. to 10 p.m., or drink refill locations not open. 

The Eiffel Tower has to be cycled off by 9:45. The line will likely close around 9:30, but it could close earlier depending on how long the line is. If the queue is full at 9:20, the line will close then. The reason for this is because of the lasers in the show. It is very dangerous to be shining lasers up at people. They won't start the show until after everyone is off the tower. 

1 hour ago, johnjniehaus said:

It has been that way since the 50th because of the laser show shooting beams at the Tower that could blind people or seriously hurt their eyes.

And Shake, Rattle, & Roll and WindSeeker has shut down around same time as well for the drones.

I see thanks for the update. I do wish they'd find a way to coordinate the show to allow people on the tower. I only ever got to watch the fireworks up there once but it was a very unique experience. 

7 minutes ago, johnjniehaus said:

I see thanks for the update. I do wish they'd find a way to coordinate the show to allow people on the tower. I only ever got to watch the fireworks up there once but it was a very unique experience. 

Same with a fireworks ride on WindSeeker!  Those were incredible.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

The Eiffel Tower has to be cycled off by 9:45. The line will likely close around 9:30, but it could close earlier depending on how long the line is. If the queue is full at 9:20, the line will close then. The reason for this is because of the lasers in the show. It is very dangerous to be shining lasers up at people. They won't start the show until after everyone is off the tower. 

I miss being on the tower for fireworks! 

22 hours ago, disco2000 said:

Same with a fireworks ride on WindSeeker!  Those were incredible.

I got a firework ride on on windseeker once and it was pretty amazing and slightly scary that you were that close.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, DJSkyFoxx said:

Holy WOWZA! Was this line actually utilizing the switchbacks in the que?! I don't think I have ever seen the line for Congo this long!

There were no switchbacks open, but still really weird seeing the line that long.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

There were no switchbacks open, but still really weird seeing the line that long.

This just shows that there is still a need for this ride, or some kind of water attraction. They are still popular on hot days for those on the dry side of the park. I for one am glad they have taken such good care of Congo Falls.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1