2023 General Kings Island Discussion

BeeastFarmer

Oh wow!

I had a fantastic time at the park - rode all major operating coasters minus Invertigo (it broke down while I was in (a very short!) line) and Mystic (by choice; ever since Beast got retracked, Mystic has been "rougher" to me and I've avoided it. That being said, I may try to ride it again as today's Beast ride was rough...). Highlights were second time on Orion (it was super fast in the back), Banshee (it also ran great; sat in my favorite seat (8-3; that's also my favorite seat on Rougarou))), a rain ride on Diamondback, and Backlot (as we were held at the "shootout scene" segment a second longer than normal and that amused me lol). Crowds were somewhat busy, but the park really cleared out around 8 and that was fantastic. Also found out the Tom + Chee opened today and got to see the inside of Grain and Grill (looks very nice). While at first glance I brushed off the menu as I am a picky eater and the food seems a bit adventurous for my taste, I got a look at the specifics tonight and they have bread (specifically, naan and focaccia)... yes, I will be going there for the bread and I eagerly anticipate its opening! :D

EDIT: Also, forgot to mention I skipped Racer (despite the fact that there was no line when I walked by...) as I rode it last weekend

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I have created a photo album of all the photos I have taken of the DB repaint process so far.  Over 200 photos have been added to our galleries for 2023, and we are only a few days into the season.

https://KICentral.com/photos/Diamondback-repaint-2023

Looks great!

Did the trains receive new clamshells along with the repaint this year?

• Like 1

Looks great!
Did the trains receive new clamshells along with the repaint this year?
Some where replaced, but they didn't even paint the entire trains, just the rear of the back cars where the water deteriorated the paint.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Rides that haven’t opened on time in recent memory:

WindSeeker (2011)

Firehawk (2007) - Although this may not count since they quickly announced Memorial Day weekend as the opening. 

How often are rides not ready for opening? Not many. Yeah, there’s a one-off some years. Beast opened late last year, but it had major work done. 

The landscaping is where it should be this time of year - plus there was clearly work done between weekend 1 and weekend 2.

Give them a break this time. The supply chain thing seems to have hit the whole industry pretty hard this year. 

• Like 6

It was April 26, 2022 (one year ago today) when KI announced the return of concerts to Timberwolf for the '22 season.

Do we think we will see an announcement soon on more shows this year?  Or KI learned they dont want to be in the concert business?

I attended the Daryl Hall and Berlin shows last year.  I thought it was a decent place to watch shows and while neither show was packed I thought the crowds were at least okay.

I did think they did a good job in targeting acts that attract a mature crowd with lots of $$ to spend.  The group in front of me at Daryl Hall dropped enough money on alcohol to pay for Hall's appearance that night.  :lol:

Interesting to see if anything is announced in the next few days?  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Pedro Cerrano said:

It was April 26, 2022 (one year ago today) when KI announced the return of concerts to Timberwolf for the '22 season.

Do we think we will see an announcement soon on more shows this year?  Or KI learned they dont want to be in the concert business?

I attended the Daryl Hall and Berlin shows last year.  I thought it was a decent place to watch shows and while neither show was packed I thought the crowds were at least okay.

I did think they did a good job in targeting acts that attract a mature crowd with lots of $$ to spend.  The group in front of me at Daryl Hall dropped enough money on alcohol to pay for Hall's appearance that night.  :lol:

Interesting to see if anything is announced in the next few days?  

I was wondering the same thing. The only concerts we know of for this year is Spirit Song. However, the one thing I'm interested in is why would they have both Timberwolf entrances labeled on the 2023 park map with concert ticket required if the only concerts they are doing is a 3 day festival? In the past when they had SS, they didn't have the Timberwolf entrances labeled on the park map like that. Also when I looked at Timberwolf from the top of the tower this year it looked like the VIP deck was barely touched from last year and still has the Coke stand and bar and Spirit Song doesn't even mention anything about the VIP deck in their VIP ticket packages. Something I was thinking is what if they pull a Universal and do concerts as part of Grand Carnivale? Ik in 2019 they brought in bands from outside the area for Carnivale to share the bandstand with Hot Rhythmn nights. I always thought that Carnivale would be a perfect opportunity along with Holidays like Memorial Day and 4th of July to use Timberwolf. We'll just have to wait and see. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Orion742 said:

I can’t find that on KI’s website. Where did you find it?

The links down at the bottom of the website, it’s under “Park Info” > “Attractions Advisory”.  The links are mostly the same as what’s on the drop down at the top of the page but there are a few extra that do not appear there.

• Like 2

On 4/14/2023 at 11:51 AM, IndyGuy4KI said:

A few pics to start.

Photo_1681486612632.jpg

Photo_1681487338371.jpg

I wonder if they'll keep the part of the ride outside the theater like they did last year? Loved seeing that!:D

Reading is fundamental, but it didn't keep some people from letting their kids crawl all over it...I think it was a rope & not  enough of a deterrent for some... so I wonder if they will take more measures to ensure people will look but not touch... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MeredithGrey said:

I wonder if they'll keep the part of the ride outside the theater like they did last year? Loved seeing that!:D

Reading is fundamental, but it didn't keep some people from letting their kids crawl all over it...I think it was a rope & not  enough of a deterrent for some... so I wonder if they will take more measures to ensure people will look but not touch... 

And yet we expect a chaperone policy to keep same kids in line LOL....  Whatever happened to following rules and not touching what isn't yours LOL.  

Same with the stage by the fountain, or Festhaus, or just about any stage KI puts up.  Despite the signs, parents are having their kids go up there every day for a picture.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, disco2000 said:

Despite the signs, parents are having their kids go up there every day for a picture.

You would of thought that every now and then would be good…every day seems a bit extreme!  :P

(Every now and then I like to honor Terpy with something I think he might have posted. :) )

On 4/28/2023 at 11:43 AM, Kenban said:

The links down at the bottom of the website, it’s under “Park Info” > “Attractions Advisory”.  The links are mostly the same as what’s on the drop down at the top of the page but there are a few extra that do not appear there.

They should update the pulldown at the top of the page as many of the items under Park Info are NOT on it  that are hidden at bottom