Kings Island Prestige Pass

Stoan

• 3 weeks later...

So apparently the hot chocolate in the VIP lounge is ONLY for the guests with the hot chocolate souvenir cup.

No cooler water either.

Nothing but the best for the Prestige passholders.

Apparently it is also being used to sell the cups and for non prestige to get refills also.

caveat emptor

• Haha 1

^I honestly think if you gut the building of Haunt/storage/motion chair stuff and spruce it up, it could be a decent building to work with.  

On a tangent with the action theater, I really wish I could find footage of the Days of Thunder and James Bond films that showed there...

• 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Look like Knott's is getting an indoor VIP area. Could it be a sign of things to come for KI too? 

Screenshot_20231229-212716.png

Nothing like the taste of a room temp glass of tap water :P

Trying to think if KI added an indoor VIP lounge, where they'd put it? The existing stands are either too small of a footprint or valuable for other purposes....unless they put it under the Banshee station in place of the arcade/former giftshop/funpix booth.

11 hours ago, disco2000 said:

Indoor would be nice, but I think that ship sailed when they purposely built the VIP lounge.  Unless they alternate with International Street restaurant when available.

Agreed, there is also those partitioned off rooms that could be repurposed. 

IMG_3967.jpeg

20 hours ago, Rivertown Rider said:

The old arcade building used for Killmart two months out of the year in Coney Mall would seem to be a good location.  I don't know how busy or how much money they make off the Antique Photos in Rivertown but that would also seem to be a good location.

I didn't even think about Killmart....the haunt would have to go though for sure. Antique Photos could be nice, but not sure if it's big enough.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tr0y said:

Agreed, there is also those partitioned off rooms that could be repurposed. 

IMG_3967.jpeg

I think the entire 2nd level of that building could make a great VIP lounge if you did it right. Have the main room be the main food/lounge area and the two end rooms could be repurposed to where one is turned into a bar area to where sports games are playing on multiple TVs like in a sports bar and the other room could become a kids play room where they have toys and games for the kids to play with. 

21 hours ago, disco2000 said:

Indoor would be nice, but I think that ship sailed when they purposely built the VIP lounge.  Unless they alternate with International Street restaurant when available.

I think it could easily be repurposed into a seating patio for Enriques similar to the back of Brewhouse. Keep the TVs and everything, but just make it a general seating area for regular park guests. 

2 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I think it could easily be repurposed into a seating patio for Enriques similar to the back of Brewhouse. Keep the TVs and everything, but just make it a general seating area for regular park guests. 

Yeah, I really thought for the minimal costs at the time that they would have provided true running water and wastewater system in the place so that it could be repurposed into something else other than an additional seating area.  Granted there is a bar and refill station close by, but not providing a wet bar limits the repurposing of it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

The current VIP area would make a great place for food trucks 

• 1 month later...

Cedar Fair must be listening to our complaints involving the VIP areas. First Knotts opens a nice indoor lounge and now Kings Dominion is converting their country kitchen into their VIP lounge. Hopefully this is implemented at the other prestige pass parks as well.

https://x.com/KingsDominionVA/status/1759006083320783286?s=20

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Cedar Fair must be listening to our complaints involving the VIP areas. First Knotts opens a nice indoor lounge and now Kings Dominion is converting their country kitchen into their VIP lounge. Hopefully this is implemented at the other prestige pass parks as well.

The Kings Island people think that the prestige pass people are, “as adorable as they are predictable.”

Enjoy your lean-to this season. 

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Kings Island is focused on selling Silver Passes. ;)

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...