2024 Kings Island Speculation Thread

IndyGuy4KI

This is just an idea I've been thinking about so try not to take it too seriously, but what if Kings Island went with GCI to do a Son of Beast re-imagining instead of RMC? Cedar Fair has a much better relationship with GCI compared to RMC, and GCI/Skyline have marketed their Infinity Flyer trains and steel Titan Track as being able to do inversions and being capable of providing -1g forces. In an IAAPA interview with Clair Hain jr. who is the president of GCI, he states specifically that the infinity flyers are capable of doing "corkscrews and loops". This may provide another benefit of going with GCI is that they may be able to put a traditional loop on a re-imagined Son of Beast, whereas RMC has been reluctant to include traditional loops on any of their coasters. We've also been able to see just how flexible GCI and Skyline are with their new Infinity Flyer and Titan Track concepts that they brought a spiral lift hill to Zambezi Zinger, nothing that's too crazy but it is worth noting since spiral lift hills are exceedingly rare with modern coasters.

The main concern I have with this idea is if GCI would be willing to build a 200ft tall coaster on a similar scale to Son of Beast. I do think it may work well if they choose to use a steel structure like they've been using with a lot of their recent additions like Texas Stingray or Zambezi Zinger. The steel structure will probably be mandatory on a project like this considering a lot of the issues that plagued Son of Beast came specifically from the sub-par wooden support structure. This would also be quite out-of-character for Kings Island too, since their recent coaster additions have been on the "safer" side. If you look at Diamondback, Banshee, Mystic Timbers and Orion, those coasters don't do anything too crazy or different that hasn't already been done with similar rides that have been built previously throughout the chain.

This would definitely give Kings Island a modern one-of-a-kind coaster that stands out from anything else in the area, but it's too different and risky from what we've come to expect out of the park to where I can't comfortably make a prediction out of it, it's more-so an idea at the moment. Then again, nobody expected Cedar Point to go with Zamperla to redo TTD, so who knows?

• Like 1

On 7/5/2023 at 5:29 PM, SonofBaconator said:

From watching the POV, it seems like it’s a pretty immersive kid’s coaster complete with props, audio, and buildings:

Something like this would make a good debut attraction for a Camp Snoopy rebrand all while offering a coaster that borders the line between a kiddie coaster and a family coaster.

This looks like a super cute coaster...could be a good addition if conditions are right including the ability for many to ride it. I have been thinking for quite some time that Planet Snoopy needs a refresh into Camp Snoopy.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Born_in_'72 said:

I have no idea if this is relevant or not, but RMC's twitter bio now mentions Larson.  Maybe the O's are hinting at a new type of Looper???

image.png

RMC acquired Larson a few months ago.  They're clearly teasing some Larson Loops.

• Like 3

Even tho we just got 2 this season. Kings Island still lacks on the flat rides. Personally I wouldn’t want a Larson loop. I’d personally like to see a Zamperla Air racer or Gerstlauer Sky Roller. Either would make a great addition to Area 72. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, jsus said:

They know that in the name of marketing, they can call their products whatever they want...

You mean how B&M consider them hypers, yet parks market them as "giga" coasters, that really is a name from Intamin  LOL

image.png

• Haha 2

The RMC hints are likely for the replacement Fire in the hole ride at Silver Dollar City.  The park sent out a tweet yesterday that was a single word “Tomorrow”.  Plus that RMC is doing it has been one of the worst kept secrets in the industry.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

You mean how B&M consider them hypers, yet parks market them as "giga" coasters, that really is a name from Intamin  LOL

image.png

I think B&M truly classifies their coasters based off of their trains. If you go by the trains on Orion, Fury, and Leviathan, then they technically would be hypers. When Cedar Point put different trains on the now defunct Mantis, it went from a standup coaster to a floorless coaster. In theory, if you put surf trains on Diamondback, it will technically be a surf coaster, and so on.

• Like 2

I’m not begging for any one type of coaster or ride manufacturer. I just hope the park builds the best coaster coaster for the money with the budget that they have. Budget coasters underwhelm. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I wonder if Zamperla Dragster is a success, will the chain make them their go-to for launched rides? I’m surprised we haven’t heard any rumors about another Mack after Copperhead Strike.

Probably just came down to who was willing to work on TTD. I’ve heard Copperhead Strike was underwhelming, after riding it I agree with that statement. Orion is underwhelming yet Canada’s Wonderland is heavily flirting B&M launched wing coaster for its next addition. So who knows what the chain is thinking. All we really know is that it won’t be Intamin. :P

• Like 1

John Matarese from WCPO TV reached out to KIC today and reported the following to us. 

We went to Mason City Hall today and checked to see what has been filed by KI. They have NO filings about a possible new ride….just the Cargo Loco, Sol Spin, and various small additions like the Carnivale tent, Grill & Grain, and VIP lounge shelter. Nothing close to new buildings, footers, etc. There is nothing even suspicious at this time.

KIC thanks John Matarese for reporting to KIC about their investigation into any possibile 2024 additions.

• Like 5

John Matarese from WCPO TV reached out to KIC today and reported the following to us. 
 We went to Mason City Hall today and checked to see what has been filed by KI. They have NO filings about a possible new ride….just the Cargo Loco, Sol Spin, and various small additions like the Carnivale tent, Grill & Grain, and VIP lounge shelter. Nothing close to new buildings, footers, etc. There is nothing even suspicious at this time.
KIC thanks John Matarese for reporting to KIC about their investigation into any possibile 2024 additions.

LOL, ROFl, LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1