Camp Snoopy Construction Updates

Hawaiian Coasters 325

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

The sign for Beagle Scout Acres was put up!

It looks awesome! With this being the last full week before daily operations I imagine the park is trying to wrap up Camp Snoopy as quickly as they can. If all things go well I could see them announcing the opening date this coming week.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Orion742 said:

It looks awesome! With this being the last full week before daily operations I imagine the park is trying to wrap up Camp Snoopy as quickly as they can. If all things go well I could see them announcing the opening date this coming week.

Agreed, I would I’d would imagine they would like to have everything ready for when ACE shows up on the 17th. If not, expect Memorial Day weekend being the grand opening.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

So you can see it testing 

I don’t know if anybody else has noticed but it doesn’t seem to make it up as high on the spike during its first test runs. Maybe that’s just me.

Edited by Orion742
Fixed an auto correct

2 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Any pics of the Beagle Scout Acres :P (realizing autocorrect probably changed what you typed lol)

Fixed it, but yep. 

No need to report this post. It's going to get trashy real quick. :lol:

New Camp Snoopy trash cans. 

PXL_20240511_182051141.MP.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Hopefully brown to go with the Camp Snoopy theme. Anything else would just be pure garbage. :ph34r:

That would be amazing.  The most wonderful garbage ever! Kings Island just does everything everything so good!

• Haha 1

So many missed opportunities to actually make an immersive themed environment. Old concrete planters that’s could’ve been replaced with rock- had wood veneer added or even stained the concrete. Old corrugated metal wall- what’s it hiding? All lighting just painted brown instead of switching to a more rustic wood post. You can tell this was super low budget. But then Linus launchers got a brand new sign, yet Woodstock Air Rail still has crappy mesh awnings instead of a wood pergola cover. This project seems all over the map as to where money got spent. 

IMG_2269.jpeg

IMG_2270.jpeg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

I'm assuming they didn't do the water elements depicted in the concept art?

Ha ha. You need to ask? We are lucky we got the flagpole (though that’s about all we got from the concept) 

IMG_2272.jpeg

IMG_2273.jpeg

• Like 2

I'm not the target audience for this addition. But I will withhold judgement until the area is finished. 

I remember last year people here were wringing their hands and there was much weeping and gnashing of teeth about Adventure Port.  But most everyone was impressed with it when the park opened. And they continued doing things after the season started (not talking about the new flats and updated roller coaster). There were many opportunities for AP enhancement that have yet to be realized.

I think that most would agree that even a low budget upgrade to the Camp Snoopy area would be much better than what was there. I hope they absorb Planet Snoopy into camp Snoopy in the years to come.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I hope they absorb Planet Snoopy into camp Snoopy in the years to come.

Over a few years they can say we are expanding our campground to include ride (pick any 3 more rides) with all new theming and paint. Then you get more marketing value over time with the change from Planet Snoopy. 

• Like 2

I hope they go off of KD's and Carowind's Camp/Planet Snoopys and plant some more trees.   I really love Carowinds Camp Snoopy with the aura the trees provide.  It's one of my favorite areas of the park.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I'm not the target audience for this addition. But I will withhold judgement until the area is finished. 

I remember last year people here were wringing their hands and there was much weeping and gnashing of teeth about Adventure Port.  But most everyone was impressed with it when the park opened. And they continued doing things after the season started (not talking about the new flats and updated roller coaster). There were many opportunities for AP enhancement that have yet to be realized.

I think that most would agree that even a low budget upgrade to the Camp Snoopy area would be much better than what was there. I hope they absorb Planet Snoopy into camp Snoopy in the years to come.

I feel like they maybe tried to spread the budget a bit too thin to include more area and in the process lost sone of the detail that was originally budgeted for the core part of the project. My youngest is pretty much out of this demographic now anyway, just feels a bit jumbled with sone missed opportunities. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, silver2005 said:

I hope they go off of KD's and Carowind's Camp/Planet Snoopys and plant some more trees.   I really love Carowinds Camp Snoopy with the aura the trees provide.  It's one of my favorite areas of the park.  

What it looks like in brenthodge's 2nd picture is a couple new tree's they did plant for Camp Snoopy, and I went through the KICentral last 2 videos of the area, and they are indeed new trees! So, I am happy to see this! 

• Like 1

^Its a start, but I'm talking more about adding shade to that area as a whole.   Before the 2006 Nick Universe expansion, the back of the kids' area was pretty well shaded.  It's become a concrete jungle since, not exactly good for the target demographic in peak summer heat.   It's kind of a parkwide problem IMO sans Rivertown, especially in the CF era.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

^Its a start, but I'm talking more about adding shade to that area as a whole.   Before the 2006 Nick Universe expansion, the back of the kids' area was pretty well shaded.  It's become a concrete jungle since, not exactly good for the target demographic in peak summer heat.   It's kind of a parkwide problem IMO sans Rivertown, especially in the CF era.  

Better than blacktop we had in the Paramount Days.

• Like 1

I concur.  The area of Camp Snoopy at Carowinds has tons of shade and trees.  And the fact they they have a nice fountain with lots of places to sit and pergolas by where the Carousel used to sit (before they moved it over by Vortex).  I was really impressed by the theme and feel of Carowinds`s Camp Snoopy.  I wish our area had more of that feel.  This is a start, but there is more work to be done.

• Like 5

• IndyGuy4KI unpinned and unfeatured this topic