Kings Island General Discussion 2024

Imperial79

Had a couple of line jumpers in the Banshee line. Texted security and they showed up shortly after. However the 2nd party that needed to vouch for them were their friends so they didn't get kicked out of line.   I have seen Line jumping too many times and not putting up with it anymore and will text security every time I see it this year 

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, CoasterJack said:

My guess is it's for the new single Fast Lane kiosks too, otherwise you could easily photocopy or edit what they disperse. There was a new kiosk thing over by Diamondback

The new KIOSK

image.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

If I had to guess, the new scanners will also allow them to collect data.  For example, when are people using their Fastlane and on what attractions.  How soon after purchasing a single use FastLane are they being redeemed?  I am sure they can collect a lot more data than the old system, which relied on the operators to put check marks on a sheet of paper.  This new system also allows for real time data.

• Like 4

So correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t believe I’ve ever seen fundraising shifts like this at KI. Could this be their response to the lack of workers in the spring/early summer?

IMG_1355.jpeg

• Like 1

Not sure if this is the correct thread, but I stayed at Camp Cedar this past weekend and tried their new RV rentals and it was horrible for us. Every time you drained the kitchen sink, the bathroom sink would bubble up and it would smell like sewage.  And the toilet would constantly back up. We won't be using them again. 

10 minutes ago, LuvingKI said:

Not sure if this is the correct thread, but I stayed at Camp Cedar this past weekend and tried their new RV rentals and it was horrible for us. Every time you drained the kitchen sink, the bathroom sink would bubble up and it would smell like sewage.  And the toilet would constantly back up. We won't be using them again. 

Keep in mind that KI no longer has a contractual business relationship with Camp Cedar.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, LuvingKI said:

• Haha 8

This is actually the first season in awhile that I've missed Preview/Opening day and I, for once, am actually ok with that. It sounds like it was a stark contrast from last season. I totally understand that preview and opening days can and will have their fair share of hiccups and crowds, but I am more than ok with letting things iron out a bit before I go. 

I hope everyone who did go this weekend had fun!

• Like 7

Things were kinda rough but I had a great time! As a pass holder who goes biweekly, I expected the park to be off its game a bit. I would never recommend someone who only goes to Kings Island once or twice a year to go on opening day. However, if you go regularly and have that itch after a long winter, it’s worth it to just see the park alive again and get a couple laps on your favorite ride. 

I’ve been to way worse opening days in the past and I’m sure the park will be humming like a well oiled machine soon enough! 

• Like 9

On 4/21/2024 at 7:24 PM, flightoffear1996 said:

Had a couple of line jumpers in the Banshee line. Texted security and they showed up shortly after. However the 2nd party that needed to vouch for them were their friends so they didn't get kicked out of line.   I have seen Line jumping too many times and not putting up with it anymore and will text security every time I see it this year 

Security doesn’t seem to know their own policy with line jumping - holding a place in line is not allowed (the “or” in the policy rule makes it clear), but then again KI always seems to be inconsistent in applying their own rules depending upon who responds

• Line Breaking- includes leaving and re-entering a line for any reason or place holding in line
  • Like 2

Ended up buying a Gold Pass this morning, and went up to the park for the first time since the 2019 season, staying until about 3PM. I figured I would try and see what I could ride given that lines could potentially be minimal - I'd rather wait 15 minutes and get "walk of shamed" than wait an hour to be told the same exact thing. I was able to ride The Bat, Banshee, Adventure Express, Racer, Orion, The Beast, Mystic Timbers, and Diamondback without being turned away.
I rode everything except for Invertigo, Flight of Fear, and Backlot Stunt Coaster - the latter I didn't see running the entire time I was there. Finally got to ride Orion for the first time, which was nearly a walk-on - I should have stayed over there and marathoned.
As my last visit was when Vortex was still operating, I will say that it was weird without seeing Vortex, especially standing in line for Diamondback, looking towards LaRosa's and walking past where the batwing used to be. Otherwise, I thought the park looked good!
I do want to get up to Cedar Point during the season, however I did not add the All Park Passport when I purchased this morning - I am assuming I can go into Guest Services next time I'm at the park and pay the difference?

• Like 7

Had a good first day of the season for me. Morning and afternoon crowds were light. Rode every coaster that I normally care to ride, most of them multiple times.

-Saw Soap Boxer Racers testing. Obviously no one was on but it was so quiet and looked to be smooth. The cars look great too.
-The camp snoopy theming in general is nothing amazing but pleasant enough.
-Someone mentioned Backlot being down but it opened up in the evening. No fire effect though.
-Ride ops were mostly good with some slowness from people being trained.
-All statues in AE were working fully.
-There were lights on in the FoF hangar. Probably for the best, safety-wise.

Question: were the signs about what constitutes line jumping a new addition? I can't remember seeing them.

• Like 5

A friend tried to add the all park passport to their gold pass for 2024 at the park. They were told that the park had to cancel their pass and add ons, to then have to re-purchase a gold pass with all park pass port and the add ons. 

They were told this by an area manager in Admissions. 

This doesn't seem right to me...whereas in the past you were able to just add an add on at the park, no questions asked. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Orion-XL200 said:

A friend tried to add the all park passport to their gold pass for 2024 at the park. They were told that the park had to cancel their pass and add ons, to then have to re-purchase a gold pass with all park pass port and the add ons. 

This doesn't seem right to me...whereas in the past you were able to just add an add on at the park, no questions asked. 

I hope they get a refund on the original purchase, or is this the way to get extra nickels from the guests :P

6 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

I hope they get a refund on the original purchase, or is this the way to get extra nickels from the guests :P

I am hoping that as well. I've got a few people they can reach out if the front line folks don't make it right.

36 minutes ago, Orion-XL200 said:

If his pass is/was already under a payment plan, subsequent add ons have to be purchased in full.

Otherwise you have to cancel it, then repurchase with it all falling under the payment plan umbrella. 

1 minute ago, Tr0y said:

If his pass is/was already under a payment plan, subsequent add ons have to be purchased in full.

Otherwise you have to cancel it, then repurchase with it all falling under the payment plan umbrella. 

Not sure on the payment plan. Though, I know they were 100% okay to pay outright for the APP. 

1 hour ago, SmartCat7162 said:

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but the USA Today best theme park came out today and Kings Island did not even make the list this year. Last year it was ranked number 2 this year it went unranked.

https://10best.usatoday.com/awards/travel/best-theme-park-2024/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Misleading title, the 2024 season has only just begun for some of those parks. Cedar Point hasn’t even opened for the regular season? 

• Like 1