Kings Island General Discussion 2024

Imperial79

33 minutes ago, Timchat2 said:

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/events

The events calendar has been updated for 2024. Passholder Preview Day will be on April 19 from 4:00-9:00PM.

Haunt, Tricks and Treats Fall Fest and WinterFest do not have specific dates listed yet.

How funny. Last year, passholder preview day lasted all day. I should know. I was there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How busy do you all think Pass Holder Preview Day will be this year? With it being later in the day? I still suspect it will be pretty busy seeing as it's PPD and with it being an evening thing, a lot of folks might just come through after work. But then I see it as because its later in the day it may not be as busy as past years. Knowing Kings Island fans though, it'll be busy. 

• Like 1

On 3/12/2024 at 1:42 PM, IndyGuy4KI said:

What do you think of the new stripes?

The stripes are cool though I agree with that the ride in general needs a good overhaul. I mean even something like they did with Adventure Express would be fine. Bring back the real Flying Eagles and a Backlot overhaul in 2025? I'm down! 

• Like 4

So I've been hearing through the grapevine that the park has started putting job applicants on a waitlist on most seasonal positions outside of ride operators and lifeguards. Checked the job portal and yep, it's there...

https://jobs.cedarfair.com/job/mason/kings-island-jobs-waitlist/42509/62940387760

Lifeguards makes sense, there's a general shortage, helping operate a local swim club near coney, I've seen the struggle the last few years. Though KI pays their guards higher than most surrounding pools, so they usually attract a good crowd of applicants by memorial day opening. It'll be interesting to see with most being moved to a waitlist who haven't been hired, will we see better staffing levels at KI this year for ride operations, or is it just because they're hiring a lower amount than last year due to cut operating hours of certain operating attractions, food service locations, games, etc.

Just something I found interesting. I'm optimistic, but we'll have to see. Lets hope to a wonderful 24', full of wonderful new memories at the park

• Like 3

Taking the Supermarket strategy it looks like.

Staff the bare minimum, in this case it'll be rides and lifeguards which have minimums to operate.  

I wonder if they will use those employees to fill other departments.  I remember back in my Rides days they would send people to Ecology (Park Services).

Will they use Lifeguards in other departments until the waterpark opens?

On 3/4/2024 at 11:43 AM, OverlandTaxis30 said:

How funny. Last year, passholder preview day lasted all day. I should know. I was there.

I mean, why make it the whole day. It isn't like the park on these days is ever absurdly busy, everything works perfectly and everyone has been training for months on how to handle the small patient crowds of polite guests. 5 hours should be plenty for everyone to get in, enjoy the park and leave. Not like this day is marketed as an "exclusive" event to fans who continuously guarantee a certain amount of money for the park every year.

I mean if the Preview Night was to have any of those problems it would almost need to be renamed into "Take time to figure out what we forgot to set up before REAL people show up" Night

6 minutes ago, Stoan said:

I mean, why make it the whole day. It isn't like the park on these days is ever absurdly busy, everything works perfectly and everyone has been training for months on how to handle the small patient crowds of polite guests. 5 hours should be plenty for everyone to get in, enjoy the park and leave. Not like this day is marketed as an "exclusive" even to super fans who continuously guarantee a certain amount of money for the park every year.

I mean if the Preview Night was to have any of those problems it would almost need to be renamed into "Take time to figure out what we forgot to set up before REAL people show up" Night

Plus, last year was 12-7 compared to 4-9pm this year.  I don't know if I would call 2 more hours all day LOL.  

In fact 4-9pm may be busier than 12-7pm because those getting off work at 5pm probably didn't make the trip last year but would for a 9pm close this year.

I finally renewed my season pass. I decided to go with a CP Gold Pass with all season Fast Lane and all parks. Though I initially decided against it, I figured I wouldn't let certain things steal my joy and not visit KI at least a couple of times.  I'm excited for 2024. 

• Like 5

I can't reveal my sources, but I can't not share this news, which some will love and some will hate.

Planet Snoopy expands in 2025.  Diamondback as we know it, is being retired and renovations will shorten the height.  It will be called "Linus's Big Boy Coaster"

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Breaking news: 

Backlot Stunt Coaster has been announced to have reached the end of its service life and will be removed at the end of 2025.

In its place: the original antique cars layout will be rebuilt, but with a new twist. 

The track facing Coney Mall will use sports cars and be named the Cincinnati Turnpike (as a throwback to the multiple-names Turnpike from HB land) and the track facing Rivertown will be the classic antique cars we all know and love and be given the Kings Mills Antique Autos name. All of the structures and signage in the current KMAA will be relocated to the rebuilt track.

April fools. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Orion-XL200 said:

I finally renewed my season pass. I decided to go with a CP Gold Pass with all season Fast Lane and all parks. Though I initially decided against it, I figured I wouldn't let certain things steal my joy and not visit KI at least a couple of times.  I'm excited for 2024. 

Not a knock on you, but it is this mindset that CF banks on. 

How many people have posted to social media or logged complaints with the park stating they will not be renewing due to the degraded experience or what not and then once the season rolls around, they end up renewing...

That is why they can continue to devalue or "bait & switch" the offering because more people than not will renew regardless and they make up those that stay true to their word and not renew with those buying passes for the first time...

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Not a knock on you, but it is this mindset that CF banks on. 

How many people have posted to social media or logged complaints with the park stating they will not be renewing due to the degraded experience or what not and then once the season rolls around, they end up renewing...

That is why they can continue to devalue or "bait & switch" the offering because more people than not will renew regardless and they make up those that stay true to their word and not renew with those buying passes for the first time...

I am getting a Gold Season Pass with all of the add-ons. What I have yet to decide is which Cedar Fair Park will get the transaction and be referred to as my "Home" Park. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DonHelbig said:

I am getting a Gold Season Pass with all of the add-ons. What I have yet to decide is which Cedar Fair Park will get the transaction and be referred to as my "Home" Park. 

Given the recent developments in what the “All Park Passport” really means, we have learned some very valuable lessons. Tower Topics may be a good place to share our thoughts on that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Given the recent developments in what the “All Park Passport” really means, we have learned some very valuable lessons. Tower Topics may be a good place to share our thoughts on that. 

Looks like it warrants a discussion about it on Tower Topics. 

• Like 1