Winterfest 2023 Discussion

SonofBaconator

7 hours ago, Orion742 said:

Was there a noticeable increase in the amount of lights this weekend? 

I didn't really notice any difference. I felt like Adventure Port was kind of like it always was, maybe with a little different color? The front of Enrique's left a lot to be desired imo. Outside of this area, nothing was real noticeable.  One area I had hoped they would have improved was from RT Larossa's to the Eiffel Tower...it was not.

5 hours ago, CoastersRZ said:

I will say that they seemed to have more trees wrapped with lights.  Especially right outside the Festhaus as you navigate towards Adventure Port.  Park looks fantastic.  

I'm not 100% certain, but I feel like they were always wrapped there, but more toned down. 

Could the additional new lights be just replacing old ones with brighter lights? 

Went to Winterfest last Saturday (11/25) and overall the park looks great. Mystic Timbers gave a great ride as usual and I now prefer Sol Spin during Winterfest. The only thing that disappointed me was Flight of Fear only running one train, which I did not ride. Hopefully it will not be like that the entirety of Winterfest. Hot chocolate was good as usual. I still consider Winterfest a good time.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

What recycle bin?  Didn't the environmental Grinch steal them all into his gray bags to take any cost savings back to corporate?

I am talking about the recycle bin at home unless you get the Reach magazine mailed to you at KI lol, in which case yes the recycling bins have been gone for many years.

51 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

I am talking about the recycle bin at home unless you get the Reach magazine mailed to you at KI lol, in which case yes the recycling bins have been gone for many years.

I live in the country. We don't have recycle bins here. Ive never heard of Reach Magazine...must be...past it's prime 

On 11/27/2023 at 7:03 PM, Orion-XL200 said:

I didn't really notice any difference. I felt like Adventure Port was kind of like it always was, maybe with a little different color? The front of Enrique's left a lot to be desired imo. Outside of this area, nothing was real noticeable.  One area I had hoped they would have improved was from RT Larossa's to the Eiffel Tower...it was not.

I'm not 100% certain, but I feel like they were always wrapped there, but more toned down. 

Could the additional new lights be just replacing old ones with brighter lights? 

Previously, the large trees in front of Festus were just up, lit. It was such a waste of large trees that could have spectacular lighting. This year they actually lighted them!

The other area I noticed more lights is the walkway between international Street and Planet Snoopy, between the enchanted voyage, building and the first aid building.  They all those trees are wrapped in blue and red lights, and I think previously they were just mostly up lit.  

• Like 1

Friday turned out to be a very pleasant evening at the park despite the rainy misty start. The additional lights around the park look great. The new decor, along with a handful of changes like the unique music loop and repurposed Haunt props in Rivertown as well as new blocking and choreography at Mistletones and Cool Yule, makes this year's WinterFest feel freshened up despite the cuts. While the energy of Four Drummer Drumming, Jingle Jazz and Holly Jolly Trolley is certainly missed, we're still happy to have such a large holiday event so close to home.

• Like 7

I am likely going into a crowd hornet's nest with the very nice forecast temps next Sunday, but I am going to enjoy a few hours in the park recording the tree lighting and taking pics around the park, food and hot chocolate, and maybe enjoying a ride or two on MT and Sol Spin without having to be any more bundled up than I was on closing day.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DonHelbig said:

These adrenaline-pumping toboggan hats are the perfect addition to your Christmas shopping list for any die-hard Kings Island enthusiast.

https://themeparksbydon.com/kings-island-ride-toboggan-hats-for-the-ultimate-fan/

Don: “Check out my latest blog!”

KIC: “This is great! Thanks Don!”

SP Group: “Very neat! I didn’t know about this!”

KI Comms: CTRL + C, CTRL + V 

• Haha 3

Went to WinterFest last night. Park looked great. We were only there for a couple hours. Kinda busy but not outrageous, still had fun. I couldn't confirm but is Mystic Timbers running 2 trains? If they were I didnt notice much of a reduction on capacity. The line moved pretty quick, could been no Fast Lane making up for it? One nice thing about 2 trains is less waiting in the shed. Seemed like you rolled right into the last part of shed and the show started within a few second. 

• Like 1

Had a fantastic time this past Friday 12/1. The rain seemed to keep the crowds away and it was perfectly foggy the rest of the night. Mild temps and low crowds=perfection. My fiancé and I felt that they really improved with the whole vibe compared to last year. It just felt more alive, staff seemed more into the antics and the overall attention to detail was noticed. Had a great ride on Mystic and Sol Spin for some reason feels more intense in the cold ( in a good way, its hard to explain ). Other than those two rides, I was more focused the other aspects of the event. Looking forward to going back!  

• Like 6