Kings Island General Discussion 2024

Imperial79

14 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Can you summarize, it's a pay wall.

In summary, CF’s CEO, CFO, and CLO are going to get paid if this merger goes through.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tr0y said:

In summary, CF’s CEO, CFO, and CLO are going to get paid if this merger goes through.

43 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Get paid a lot....

Ahhhh...so that's why we now have 3 platform ride ops on The Beast instead of 6.  And dirty midways. And scaled back entertrainment...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Ahhhh...so that's why we now have 3 platform ride ops on The Beast instead of 6.  And dirty midways. And scaled back entertrainment...

Don't forget condiment upcharging.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Isn't Richard Zimmerman the park president who, under one of the paramount ideations, basically tried to destroy old ki with many ride removals?

He was VP of Finance at Kings Island 1995-1998 and Assistant General Manager in 1998 before he was promoted to the GM position at KD later that year. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, disco2000 said:

Not a knock on you, but it is this mindset that CF banks on. 

How many people have posted to social media or logged complaints with the park stating they will not be renewing due to the degraded experience or what not and then once the season rolls around, they end up renewing...

That is why they can continue to devalue or "bait & switch" the offering because more people than not will renew regardless and they make up those that stay true to their word and not renew with those buying passes for the first time...

Completely understand that. Personally, I had decided that I was not going to renew my pass through KI because of the various things I am/was unhappy about locally. I personally chose to give my $ to Cedar Point (while it goes into the big pot anyway, at least CP will get the credit for it). If I spend any $ at KI it will be quite minimal compared to the past several years. 

I'm personally campaigning for @DonHelbig to get his pass from CP as well. 

7 minutes ago, Orion-XL200 said:

Completely understand that. Personally, I had decided that I was not going to renew my pass through KI because of the various things I am/was unhappy about locally. I personally chose to give my $ to Cedar Point (while it goes into the big pot anyway, at least CP will get the credit for it). If I spend any $ at KI it will be quite minimal compared to the past several years. 

I'm personally campaigning for @DonHelbig to get his pass from CP as well. 

I get it.  As I have said before, at the end of the day, problems and all with the current direction the chain is going in, a season pass and add-ons still represents a tremendous value for the entertainment dollar and hard to beat on any other entertainment venue.  Go to almost any restaurant outside of KI and try to spend less in a week on 2 meals per day than the meal plan for the whole season costs!

Sadly, that also means they are given a lot of leeway before someone that says they are not going to renew actually doesn't renew.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

Guys, you never believed that Joey Drew Studios made a april fools prank with our name in the front.  (Credits goes to them and 09dollface on Reddit.)

April Fools at KI with Bendy.webp

Saw this yesterday and it gave me a good laugh. Everything was well done, well except the "King's Island Ohio" part :P

Joey Drew Studios makes some crazy good dark horror games, honestly I think they would make some great source material for a Haunt maze, but probably too dark for the target audience CF wants

Haunt and Winterfest Calendar is up. This year, we no longer have 4pm winterfest, only 5pm. Our WF will start the weekend before thanksgiving this year. Also, the week of August 11th - 17th has been filled in. No sight of the September "Bonus day" yet. image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 4.40.17 PM.png

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Taylor.B03 said:

Haunt and Winterfest Calendar is up. This year, we no longer have 4pm winterfest, only 5pm. Our WF will start the weekend before thanksgiving this year. Also, the week of August 11th - 17th has been filled in. No sight of the September "Bonus day" yet. image.pngimage.pngimage.png

From the calendar it shows 6pm-12am starting Friday September 20th. Could that possibly be the start of Halloween Haunt? If so that’s a week earlier than usual and I’m all for it if that’s the case.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Taylor.B03 said:

Im fine giving up an hour on a few days if it gets a whole extra weekend. I think that probably a better use of payroll especially since the zoo is fully open by then

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Orion742 said:

From the calendar it shows 6pm-12am starting Friday September 20th. Could that possibly be the start of Halloween Haunt? If so that’s a week earlier than usual and I’m all for it if that’s the case.

1 hour ago, brenthodge said:

Im fine giving up an hour on a few days if it gets a whole extra weekend. I think that probably a better use of payroll especially since the zoo is fully open by then

The only downside with this early extra weekends means the park won’t have everything ready for opening Haunt / WF. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Not a Cincy local, but it seems like Kings Island should have been somewhere on these lists.

https://www.citybeat.com/best-of/2024

Pre-2023 season, I would have said it should have been in the "Eats" list.  After last season, not so much.  Hopefully the culinary department steps their game back up!!!

• Like 2

On 4/8/2024 at 9:44 PM, Tr0y said:

The only downside with this early extra weekends means the park won’t have everything ready for opening Haunt / WF. 

They better. The event STARTS when it starts. They need to staff appropriately to get the switch over done in the allotted time. 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2024 at 3:00 PM, BeeastFarmer said:

Not a Cincy local, but it seems like Kings Island should have been somewhere on these lists.

https://www.citybeat.com/best-of/2024

Ah, CityBeat posted a list and KI made it....the most miserable places in Cincinnati list...it is from 9/22 though LOL.  Wasn't that the good year....maybe KI needs to make it off of this list first!

https://www.citybeat.com/cincinnati/the-most-miserable-places-in-cincinnati/Slideshow/13898274/13898792

1 hour ago, disco2000 said:

Ah, CityBeat posted a list and KI made it....the most miserable places in Cincinnati list...it is from 9/22 though LOL.  Wasn't that the good year....maybe KI needs to make it off of this list first!

https://www.citybeat.com/cincinnati/the-most-miserable-places-in-cincinnati/Slideshow/13898274/13898792

I think you are making my post into something that I did not intend. I was observing that as a Cincy legacy, Kings Island should have been in there somewhere.  As far as the 22 list, I'd have to agree, Larry, that was quite good. Without a drink plan, if you need water on a hot summer day at Kings Island, you're going to be miserable!

12 hours ago, Timchat2 said:

Is "Axe Axe Baby" an axe-throwing game? It appears to be replacing the soccer game under Diamondback.

Also, has the Coca-Cola Refresh at the train always been called "Libation Station"?

Taken on 10/28/23.

PXL_20231028_175432787.MP.jpg

• Like 2