Discussing Land and Space in and around Vortex

Klabergian Empire

19 hours ago, CorkscrewMcPuke said:

Not sure if the concept has been discussed prior to this, but what do you guys think about the eccentric idea of using TRTR's building as a station for whatever may come to inhabit the old Vortex plot? I know it seems bizarre, but it would really kill two birds with one stone while not interfering too much with The Beast. What do you all think?

avant garde concept vortex replacement.png

I feel like that would ruin the vibe of rivertown even more. I would rather see the station go where Vortex's station was as that corner of the park now is pretty dead at the moment. I think putting the station where the old Vortex station was would help draw crowds back down to the far end of Coney Mall and would probably boost ridership of WindSeeker, Antiques, Troika, and maybe even Backlot to some extent. Rivertown as is already is coaster heavy. I would rather see the Crypt building reused for some sort of indoor ride like the Vekoma madhouse @Cedar Fair Fanboy keeps bringing up

• Like 7

4 hours ago, DispatchMaster said:

Agreed that it doesn't make sense to put another coaster back where The Beast, Mystic, and Diamondback already draw crowds. Better to revitalize the area where Vortex's station is, given there's not much over there.

I agree. I think it would make more sense for Rivertown to get a flat ride package similar to Adventure Port. Rivertown is the only section of the park without any notable flats.

• Like 4

I would love to see a log flume added to Rivertown with a packaged deal of improving the theming of The Beast. They could bring back the water feature on The Beast and incorporate it into the log flume. There’s a decent hill that drops from The Beast to The Vortex plot. They could turn that into a waterfall which would really be fitting to the Rivertown area. Give it a night time lighting package and it would be a sight to behold looking from that backlot midway. 

Apologies in advance for my kindergarten level of drawling. :P

IMG_3645.jpeg

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Tr0y said:

I would love to see a log flume added to Rivertown with a packaged deal of improving the theming of The Beast. They could bring back the water feature on The Beast and incorporate it into the log flume. There’s a decent hill that drops from The Beast to The Vortex plot. They could turn that into a waterfall which would really be fitting to the Rivertown area. Give it a night time lighting package and it would be a sight to behold looking from that backlot midway. 

Apologies in advance for my kindergarten level of drawling. :P

IMG_3645.jpeg

I like it! To keep themed areas in place, I'd put the entrance to the left of the Rivertown LaRosa's. That would leave enough room for a new flat ride at the end of the Coney Mall midway near where The Vortex station was.

For those wanting to give Coney Mall more love, there will be plenty of room for that when they get rid of Backlot. I'd like an RMC, or if not that, maybe a larger 140-150 ft GCI twister wood coaster.  Either one would have a Shooting Star/Retro 1920's theme and would be painted white.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, KI Guy said:

I like it! To keep themed areas in place, I'd put the entrance to the left of the Rivertown LaRosa's. That would leave enough room for a new flat ride at the end of the Coney Mall midway near where The Vortex station was.

For those wanting to give Coney Mall more love, there will be plenty of room for that when they get rid of Backlot. I'd like an RMC, or if not that, maybe a larger 140-150 ft GCI twister wood coaster.  Either one would have a Shooting Star/Retro 1920's theme and would be painted white.

Yes! I would include Gravity Group in the mix too. My only want would be steel lattice supports over anything wood if they are going to paint it white, that way it fades and stays one solid color vs individual boards being replaced with unpainted pieces of wood.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/25/2023 at 8:39 AM, KI Guy said:

I think a log flume thematically fits in with Coney Mall as well. So could make it a Coney addition with theming along the edge of Rivertown to tie it into there too. Seems like log flumes are dying off so don't' see one getting added but always thought it would make a great addition there as something that fits well in both areas thematically to be on the border.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/26/2023 at 4:24 PM, CartersCoasters said:

You probably will not agree with me, but I think they should add some trees to add to The Beast so you feel isolated from the park.

completely agree. i know this isnt super related, but thats one of the biggest reasons i like The Bat so much. it feels almost completely isolated from the rest of the park since its surrounded by trees. I wish the woodie coasters were more like that. Mystic Timbers is (kind of) but i wanna feel like im flying through the woods on The Beast, and its hard to do that when the trees are so far from it. Obviously safety is why its that way, but man I'd love it if it felt more isolated. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Its been awhile since I did one of these but here y'all go with another amazing Vortex replacement paint mock up. This time I went for a Vekoma multi launch and I combined some of the best parts of Formula and Abyssus at Energylandia as well as Lech Coaster and Fonix. The name I went with is Mustang sorta as a nod to the rumored name for Diamondback, but instead of it being themed to the Mustang horse, I have it themed after old 1960s Ford Mustang cars. This would really help with the theming of the back section of Coney Mall and would work great with the Jukebox Diner and Antique Autos right next door. Also I spent time designing the station in Microsoft Paint based on Quaker Steak restaurants and did the coaster layout in Pixlr.

vortex replacement concept.jpg

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Its been awhile since I did one of these but here y'all go with another amazing Vortex replacement paint mock up. This time I went for a Vekoma multi launch and I combined some of the best parts of Formula and Abyssus at Energylandia as well as Lech Coaster and Fonix. The name I went with is Mustang sorta as a nod to the rumored name for Diamondback, but instead of it being themed to the Mustang horse, I have it themed after old 1960s Ford Mustang cars. This would really help with the theming of the back section of Coney Mall and would work great with the Jukebox Diner and Antique Autos right next door. Also I spent time designing the station in Microsoft Paint based on Quaker Steak restaurants and did the coaster layout in Pixlr.

vortex replacement concept.jpg

I could only dream of a Vekoma multi-launch on this plot. I do feel a nod to Vortex would be really cool and in a way respectful to a past attraction that meant so much to a lot of people. But of course its not a mandated thing. It would just be cool to see. "Maelstrom" would be a neat name as it has a similar meaning as "Vortex". 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DJSkyFoxx said:

I could only dream of a Vekoma multi-launch on this plot. I do feel a nod to Vortex would be really cool and in a way respectful to a past attraction that meant so much to a lot of people. But of course its not a mandated thing. It would just be cool to see. "Maelstrom" would be a neat name as it has a similar meaning as "Vortex". 

While a "storm" or "Vortex nod" theme would be cool and pay respects to the ride, I think a 50's/60's old timey theme would fit best in that back section of Coney Mall since you have the Antique Autos and Jukebox Diner right next door. You can even have Backlot as part of that too. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OverlandTaxis30 said:

And they could also retheme Backlot with Cincinnati and/or other Ohio landmarks, and name it something like “Queen City Hot Rods.

Just my two cents. 

If the merger is consummated, I predict that all the junkyard coasters will be relocated.

KD to KI.

KI to KD.

Then the following year: KD to Cwonderland.  

Cwonderland to KI.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

While a "storm" or "Vortex nod" theme would be cool and pay respects to the ride, I think a 50's/60's old timey theme would fit best in that back section of Coney Mall since you have the Antique Autos and Jukebox Diner right next door. You can even have Backlot as part of that too. 

I mean yeah, I see where you're going with that, but we already currently have two vehicle themed coasters in the back-ish area of the park (BLSC and MT). Adding something else would mix it up a little more in variety. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rlentless said:

I am probably a minority here but I would prefer the new attraction to part of Rivertown.  Coney is large enough, just needs a flat or two to fill it out.

I'd personally keep it Coney Mall, but would like to see stuff that kind of skirts the line of the theme for both. Like a big log flume (unlikely I know) would fit well into both Coney Mall and Rivertown.

I also really like the idea of making a subsection land of Coney Mall in that area themed around 502/60s with SR&R, Jukebox Diner, and Antique Autos there already. Can retheme BLSC, add in a Musik Express flat, and do a 50's themed coaster. Though trying to think of a non car theme since we already have the antique autos and BLSC in that area already. That or remove BLSC to make room for more new rides for either Coney or Rivertown and then do a hotrod themed coaster.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Now that I'm seeing both Loch Ness Monster and Big One at Blackpool being retracked, I'm starting to go through the what if's of whether that would have worked with Vortex.

I'm hoping Magnum is in good enough shape to retrack in such a way as well. 

• Like 3