Camp Snoopy Arrives in 2024 at Kings Island

16 hours ago, Oldiesmann said:

I didn't realize that restriction was some arbitrary rule that they made. I assumed it was based on height. Hopefully KI won't resort to such antics.

I'm not sure if there was an arbitrary rule, that's why I asked to see if the ride had none so if there was one added by cf for that park, we may see one for ki. Looking back, I really wrote that question in a confusing way, sorry about that. 

This is really exciting as a dad of young kids. When we went to Dollywood this summer they had fun riding a few coasters and rides but I think we spent more time in Hidden Hollow than anywhere else that day. When on vacation that can be frustrating since I’d rather keep riding more rides, but at KI with season passes and being my local park this is great news.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Oldiesmann said:

I don't see how they could run two trains on Flying Ace at all. The ride only lasts about a minute and a half. Adding a second train wouldn't improve capacity much at all since one train would be back by the time they loaded the other one.

If I remember correctly when it first opened they had 2 train operation.

20 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Interesting that this display was placed here as this is not a part of the area that I thought would be a part of Camp Snoopy.

I think it’s placed there for max views. The area where CS is going is actually (in a good way) a remote part of the kids area. 

I think this a great new addition for the park and think the Camp Snoopy area will a great transition to Rivertown.  I am happy that it appears that it will be a family attraction instead of a "child required" attraction.  I would love to see them completely refurbish and repaint the existing bathrooms in Planet Snoopy to fit with the transition to Rivertown.  If they did that then everything on that existing half fits in with the theme/color-scheme other than Linus Launcher which you could either repaint (maybe burnt orange and green instead of purple and green) or move elsewhere in Planet Snoopy.

Some things I am curious about the area are in the screen grab below at the 37 second mark you can see two buildings that don't currently exist.  One is a green-roofed building that borders Woodstock Gliders and another is a White/Tan-roofed building over to the bottom far right hand side next to the Kings Island logo.  I know others have suggested a campfire burgers and hot dogs location and either of these could be a great location.  The other building could be a snack stand, arcade, or family restrooms.

image.png

• Like 3

Honestly I have a feeling we may see a few existing rides get rethemed to Camp Snoopy other than Flying Ace. My prediction is we'll see Linus Launcher, Flume, Woodstock Gliders, Kite Eating Tree, Space Buggies, Beetle Bugs, Junction, and Road Rally all become part of Camp Snoopy. Here's a little map I drew on where I think the border between Planet Snoopy and Camp Snoopy will be:

image.png

Kite Eating Tree, Junction, Road Rally, and Beetle Bugs all fit Camp Snoopy pretty easily. You can pretty easily retheme Linus Launcher, Gliders, and Space Buggies to match with Camp Snoopy. 

• Like 3

On 8/11/2023 at 11:54 AM, shark6495 said:

I don’t want to be a wet blanket on this and I’m excited the kids area gets some love (having multiple kids 10 and under makes me living in that area a lot), but…..

my only negative is that this is the third coaster in that area with super limited capacity. Surf Dog, former Reptar, and this. While great family coasters to build up to bigger ones, I just wish they had added one with a bit more “people” eating capabilities. 

but also how great that the kids area will have 4 great coasters for kids to build and learn there riding on

Right - but that's three lower capacity rides right next to each other. That actually helps with crowd disbursement. Of course this will have a long time for a while, but it should even out with time. Unfortunately, the market for kids' or family coasters is often low capacity stuff. 

I had heard rumors about a kids' coaster, but had heard it would be more similar to the one in Canada. I'm beyond happy with this! I hope that back section of PS gets new life. Right now it's like the Sears wing in a dead mall.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, robintodd said:

If I remember correctly when it first opened they had 2 train operation.

It's possible, but I can only recall it ever running one train, even before Snoopy-fication in 2008. I didn't make it to the park much between the time that ride opened and the time I finally got a pass in 2009, so I don't remember a whole lot about the park at that time.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Oldiesmann said:

It's possible, but I can only recall it ever running one train, even before Snoopy-fication in 2008. I didn't make it to the park much between the time that ride opened and the time I finally got a pass in 2009, so I don't remember a whole lot about the park at that time.

After some research this am I can't find any pictures showing 2 train operation so my memory of 2 train operation is incorrect.  All listings of it also have 1 train operation.  Getting old is no fun :) 

• Like 3

Runaway Reptar/Flying Ace Aerial Chase has only ever operated with one train.   If you have a second train, there would be a need for a storage track in the even one of the trains is non-operational for a day.  I do not expect we will ever see a second train on it.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2023 at 11:28 AM, Rivertown Rider said:

I think this a great new addition for the park and think the Camp Snoopy area will a great transition to Rivertown.  I am happy that it appears that it will be a family attraction instead of a "child required" attraction.  I would love to see them completely refurbish and repaint the existing bathrooms in Planet Snoopy to fit with the transition to Rivertown.  If they did that then everything on that existing half fits in with the theme/color-scheme other than Linus Launcher which you could either repaint (maybe burnt orange and green instead of purple and green) or move elsewhere in Planet Snoopy.

Some things I am curious about the area are in the screen grab below at the 37 second mark you can see two buildings that don't currently exist.  One is a green-roofed building that borders Woodstock Gliders and another is a White/Tan-roofed building over to the bottom far right hand side next to the Kings Island logo.  I know others have suggested a campfire burgers and hot dogs location and either of these could be a great location.  The other building could be a snack stand, arcade, or family restrooms.

image.png

"One is a green-roofed building that borders Woodstock Gliders", this is a food truck

"another is a White/Tan-roofed building over to the bottom far right hand side" New entrance signage to the picnic grove/Soak City.

• Like 3

On 8/10/2023 at 10:14 AM, Imperial79 said:

This will be very nice! My guess is they are changing over to Camp Snoopy and Planet Snoopy is going away. I wonder how close the votes have been to Dollywood's compared to KI's kids' areas in the past, they might have a chance with this at retaking the award. 

If you have never been to the new family area at Dollywood, KI is very far apart from retaking that throne from dollywood.  The addition of Big Bear Mountain easily tops this coaster addition (though this appears to be a solid addition) in my opinion.  I guess I'll know for sure when I ride the new KI addition.

Anyhoo, This appears to be a solid add, and maybe if they retheme the whole area and slowly add on/improve different aspects of their kids/family area over the next 3-4 seasons they could be in the running.  KI's area is great, though in obvious need of the love that they are getting.  Dollywood's area is fresh and vibrant with a lot of different varity.  I enjoy FAAC, but dragon flyer is significantly better version of a family invert.

The shaded play area is a much needed add.

• Like 3

The first phase of Wildwood Grove cost Dollywood about $37 million when the area opened in 2019. Also, Big Bear Mountain cost an additional $30 million when that opened this year. (for comparison, $30 million is what Kings Island spent to put in Orion, adjusted for inflation it's even more than that)

I do have a ton of respect and pride for Kings Island since it's my home park and I've been going there my whole life, and I'm also impressed with what Kings Island is doing with Camp Snoopy next year. However, Wildwood Grove is just on another level and I feel that area is just going to keep getting expanded as time goes on. I just don't think Kings Island can get that "World's Best Kid's Area" award back, unless the park is willing to invest more money into Planet/Camp Snoopy than they did with Orion which I can't realistically see them doing.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

In as a guest right now. Got these pics of the area and no work has begun yet. Kinda interested on when work will begin especially if they are shooting for April 2024.

IMG_20230816_162537911_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230816_162611909_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230816_162638957_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230816_162816795_HDR.jpg

I did notice that this year all the Cedar Fair videos have said opening 2024 instead of past years they have for example “Opening spring 2018.” I wonder if they are giving themselves more time to work without making people mad on what time they said it was going to open.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Orion742 said:

I did notice that this year all the Cedar Fair videos have said opening 2024 instead of past years they have for example “Opening spring 2018.” I wonder if they are giving themselves more time to work without making people mad on what time they said it was going to open.

Given KI's 2023 additions opening late, and supply chain issues in recent years, it makes sense.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, WoodVengeance said:

You can tell that was built with Snoopy's Splash Dance (Formerly Green Slime Zone and Spongebob Bikini Bottom Bash) in-mind.

The only time I've ever purchased something from there was back at Dollar Days (ahh those were the days). I got cotton candy!

• Like 1