Kings Island General Discussion 2024

Imperial79

Did anyone else notice the issues with the loudspeakers in the park today? Banshee's Station Opp comm system wasn't working for the first part of the day, Adventure Port's mix had some audio squelching every few minutes on certain notes/keys. Definitely was more noticeable on the deck at Enrique's than the walking path. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

My burning question for this season is: What kind of music will be on international street and Rivertown?  Unfortunately, due to work, I will not be at the park for a few weeks.

Sadly I street is the same jazz music as the past couple years. When I walked in and heard it, I was pretty mad. I don't understand why they are still keeping the same jazz music. The 50th anniversary was 2 years ago. It's past time to go back to actual classical orchestral pieces. They might as well rename I street to New Orleans Square at this point lol. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Rough opening day so far.
Orion didn’t open until 1030.

As of 1054 the following rides are closed/down:

Adventure Express, BLSC, Beast, Invertigo, Mystic (it just opened as I’m typing).

Edit: Beast wasn’t open due to a broken exit gate.  Photo from the FB Passholder Page.

IMG_3463.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, chad_1138 said:

Rough opening day so far.
Orion didn’t open until 1030.

As of 1054 the following rides are closed/down:

Adventure Express, BLSC, Beast, Invertigo, Mystic (it just opened as I’m typing).

Edit: Beast wasn’t open due to a broken exit gate.  Photo from the FB Passholder Page.

IMG_3463.jpeg

Chad doesn't look pleased :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Sadly I street is the same jazz music as the past couple years. When I walked in and heard it, I was pretty mad. I don't understand why they are still keeping the same jazz music. The 50th anniversary was 2 years ago. It's past time to go back to actual classical orchestral pieces. They might as well rename I street to New Orleans Square at this point lol. 

Maybe I’m in the minority here, but I like the jazz on International Street. I do wish the track list was longer though.

• Like 3

At the park right now and just got evacuated from The Beast’s final brake run about an hour ago. We were first stuck on the second lift hill for about 20 min. The train behind us was evacuated from the first lift hill lol

Diamondback closed as soon as I got here at 3:30 and hasn’t opened since. So the opening day hiccups are not in short supply haha 

On the bright side, it’s a beautiful day and the park looks great. Making the most of it! Def gonna get some blue ice cream after I get off Orion here soon :) 

• Like 5

Seeing all of the posts on social media today makes me want to get back up to the park - I haven't been since 2019. 

I'm going to try to get up there at some point this season, but am concerned about taking the old Walk of Shame. Right now I'm 6' 2'' and around 310, so I'm not sure what I can/can't fit on at this point.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, StormChaser97 said:

At the park right now and just got evacuated from The Beast’s final brake run about an hour ago. We were first stuck on the second lift hill for about 20 min. The train behind us was evacuated from the first lift hill lol

Diamondback closed as soon as I got here at 3:30 and hasn’t opened since. So the opening day hiccups are not in short supply haha 

On the bright side, it’s a beautiful day and the park looks great. Making the most of it! Def gonna get some blue ice cream after I get off Orion here soon :) 

Update: squeezed in a front row ride on Diamondback at 8:58 that was spectacular! Once it finally reopened in the last hour it was running great! 

I thought Banshee was also running better than previous years today and was definitely one of the more reliable staple coasters along with Mystic Timbers. Orion was running well but down every now and then. Overall a decent opening day with the usual setbacks! I like this chilly, breezy weather so couldn’t complain there. Can’t wait to come back in a couple weeks! 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Hoeter said:

Seeing all of the posts on social media today makes me want to get back up to the park - I haven't been since 2019. 

I'm going to try to get up there at some point this season, but am concerned about taking the old Walk of Shame. Right now I'm 6' 2'' and around 310, so I'm not sure what I can/can't fit on at this point.

Ive been dreading the same thing, especially on The Beast. If we are able to this year would be my neices first night ride and i want to be there with her.

I am 5'4" and 280 now and I was around 270 last season. I was boarderline for all the coasters except for Mystic Tibers. Banshee and Invertigo weren't open though so I didn't get to try that. I somehow  got onto FoF even though it hasn't been kind to me in the past and I found the b&ms were closer calls than the ptcs. Oh, and I had no problem on The Bat. I hope in some way this helps. 

^ The Beast is the roller coaster that started my love for roller coasters, this one I really do not want to do the Walk of Shame.

I know the last time I was up at the park in 2019, Diamondback was close to being a no-go

• Like 1

Today would be an unfortunate day to rent out the park. I don't think half the rollercoasters can run yet due to the temperatures, with a high of 51 later too, but also it's probably more familys so the flat rides will probably be alright for the time being

• Like 2

Now, with the new scanners, that they have the ability to do it, It will be interesting to see how long it takes till they do "tiered" Fast Lane program. I'd personally LOVE to see a "one time only" or a "you pick any 6 or 8 attractions" option. I feel like that would overall reduce the lines as there would be less Fast Lane ride marathoning. It could also increase revenue as you could sell more at less cost to people who might only be interested in a few attractions. With the pick 6 you could use them however you like - like 6 times on The Beast, or one time on 6 different rides. They could also set limits like Dollywood on "one time only on the newest attraction" They could still sell an "unlimited use" Fast Lane at a higher cost. The new scanners could light red if you have already scanned at that attraction or if you have used your allotment for the day. I see this coming as I don't think they invested in new scanners just for the pretty lights show they provide. These new scanners could also be an awesome way to add "pass perks" like a free one time use Fast Lane pass for spending a certain amount, or visiting a certain amount of times. I hope they use these to their full advantage.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, brenthodge said:

Now, with the new scanners, that they have the ability to do it, It will be interesting to see how long it takes till they do "tiered" Fast Lane program. I'd personally LOVE to see a "one time only" or a "you pick any 6 or 8 attractions" option. I feel like that would overall reduce the lines as there would be less Fast Lane ride marathoning. It could also increase revenue as you could sell more at less cost to people who might only be interested in a few attractions. With the pick 6 you could use them however you like - like 6 times on The Beast, or one time on 6 different rides. They could also set limits like Dollywood on "one time only on the newest attraction" They could still sell an "unlimited use" Fast Lane at a higher cost. The new scanners could light red if you have already scanned at that attraction or if you have used your allotment for the day. I see this coming as I don't think they invested in new scanners just for the pretty lights show they provide. These new scanners could also be an awesome way to add "pass perks" like a free one time use Fast Lane pass for spending a certain amount, or visiting a certain amount of times. I hope they use these to their full advantage.

No..... it would increase lines tremendously for MT and Beast in particular, and even the B&M FL lines would be a ton longer.  Will the company do it?  Yeah... wouldnt put it past them for a second to further dilute the $1000 that people pay for ASFL... but it is 100% not the correct thing to do.  I will hopefully have odds on my side that they dont introduce that kind of mess until next season, when I will no longer be a passholder feeling like they paid for an iPhone and got the wish "equivalent".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brenthodge said:

I think a big reason you now have to scan your fastlane is because, people was saving them and reusing them.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, IBEW_Sparky said:

No..... it would increase lines tremendously for MT and Beast in particular, and even the B&M FL lines would be a ton longer.  Will the company do it?  Yeah... wouldnt put it past them for a second to further dilute the $1000 that people pay for ASFL... but it is 100% not the correct thing to do.  I will hopefully have odds on my side that they dont introduce that kind of mess until next season, when I will no longer be a passholder feeling like they paid for an iPhone and got the wish "equivalent".

How is limiting the use of daily sales FastLANE devaluing your all-season? (provided they don't limit you, although that would be another great revenue stream. Giving all season the option of one time use pr ride pr visit or unlimited for a significant up-charge.) How would it increase lines by actually allowing lines to move the way they are supposed to by limiting the number of times the line flow has to stop to accomodate fastlanes. I think as long as the cat is out of the bag for paid individual fastlanes and all season ones, its fine to generate more revenue by allowing more customization of the system and in the process, maybe reducing the number of people who can run endless laps on a ride while others wait and wait. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LuvingKI said:

I think a big reason you now have to scan your fastlane is because, people was saving them and reusing them.

I think thats one reason, but it still seems like a pretty big investment to just cut down on reuse (and loss of revenue there). I think there is definitely a more revenue generation (instead of revenue loss) driven reason we are seeing these.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brenthodge said:

I think thats one reason, but it still seems like a pretty big investment to just cut down on reuse (and loss of revenue there). I think there is definitely a more revenue generation (instead of revenue loss) driven reason we are seeing these.

My guess is it's for the new single Fast Lane kiosks too, otherwise you could easily photocopy or edit what they disperse. There was a new kiosk thing over by Diamondback

• Like 2