Kings Island General Discussion 2024

Imperial79

I haven't been to the park this season, but upon looking at a Diamondback POV from what appears to be this season, there appears to be earth work or something around the Crypt building, the ground looks rougher around the building than normal.  Anything going on there?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'm happy to announce that Adventure Express issues I reported last week have been fixed and the ride is back to two train operation.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

If only there were trash cans close by :P

Screenshot_20240723_175711_Photos.jpg

That’s a nice trashcan, here is a photo of one I got while visiting Carowinds: :P

IMG_0026.jpeg

• Like 3

I don’t know where else to post this so it goes here. 

watching a documentary about The Beast they talk about the original speed (before it opens to the public), but never mentions the original speed. Has that ever been announced anywhere? 

also the doc featured our own Don. Don if you read this, when did you start counting your racer rides?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tr0y said:

That’s a nice trashcan, here is a photo of one I got while visiting Carowinds: :P

IMG_0026.jpeg

Idk, this trashcan looks good too.

Photo_1721839626658.jpg

4 hours ago, shark6495 said:

I don’t know where else to post this so it goes here. 

watching a documentary about The Beast they talk about the original speed (before it opens to the public), but never mentions the original speed. Has that ever been announced anywhere? 

also the doc featured our own Don. Don if you read this, when did you start counting your racer rides?

It does not answer your question but here is the KIC article.

https://kicentral.com/the-racers-record-setting-don-helbig/

• Like 4

3 hours ago, KIfan73 said:

These are from 2007.  There are a lot of trash cans!

HPIM0170.JPG

Ok I didn't know Beast's plaza used to be surrounded by chainlink fences. Granted I was 5 years old at the time, but man that looks so ugly. I'm glad they changed it!

Also I didn't know that gold passholders had a "speed lane" access. I'm guessing that was Paramount's version of Fast Lane? Correct me if I'm wrong. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, LuvingKI said:

If I buy the 2025 season pass on Cedar Points website and add the all park add on, will the pass be good for the rest of this year at Kings Island?

I'd call the park(s) to confirm, I'd assume as such, but I would leave no ambiguity to it as the last thing anyone needs is to drive somewhere and not get entry. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BB1 said:

I'd call the park(s) to confirm, I'd assume as such, but I would leave no ambiguity to it as the last thing anyone needs is to drive somewhere and not get entry. 

I found this on Cedar Points website 

Supercharge your Gold or Prestige Pass with the All Park Passport. This season pass add-on extends the validity of your Cedar Point pass to all legacy Cedar Fair parks. Not only that, but your favorite Gold and Prestige Pass benefits can also be redeemed at other legacy Cedar Fair parks.*

*Restrictions may apply. Valid in 2024 & 2025 at legacy Cedar Fair parks. Valid at legacy Six Flags parks starting January 6th, 2025. Gold and Prestige benefits may vary by park. Contact the park you plan to visit for any questions regarding applicable benefits.

Looks to be good for this year, but may call to confirm. 

• Like 2

I don't know if it's been discussed here or not, but I noticed that several rides now have a sign towards the exit that informs guests that if they've lost an item on the ride, they have a qr code that they can scan in order to report it to lost and found. It's good that the park is making this more clear for guests that might not know exactly how their items are going to be retrieved, but I can't help but feel disturbed knowing the context of why this was done.

• Like 2