Top Thrill 2 and Fastlane

43 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

I'm going with $25 for single use and 2.5 hour FastLane waits :P

Hopefully I just set the bar low and when it is $15 and 1 hour waits, people will think it is great LOL.

Doing the preview on Thursday.....may wait on Saturday in Fast Lane...may not....may also wait on Sunday...may not.

10 hours ago, LuvingKI said:

That's a real possibility 

I'm not too sure about the wait time being exteremly long.  Basically because of the restrictions.  Most people will need to get a locker and those will be at a premium this year.  My guess is it won't hit 2 hours untill word spreads or they do a SV type locker system.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, robintodd said:

I'm not too sure about the wait time being exteremly long.  Basically because of the restrictions.  Most people will need to get a locker and those will be at a premium this year.  My guess is it won't hit 2 hours untill word spreads or they do a SV type locker system.

I wonder how much the SV FL will drop in waits.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I wonder how much the SV FL will drop in waits.

I imagine it will stay around the same amount of time because unless the general queue is a walk on Fastlane is at least 20 minutes because of the merge point.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, johnjniehaus said:

Anyone who goes up there this weekend please give us all a full report on the ride and on the que times (fastlane and standby). Thanks in advance! 

Shall try! Excited to ride tomorrow!

• Like 2

At Thursday's preview event we waited probably 75% of the inside queue (after the metal detectors). The ride ran consistently and our total wait was probably around 45 minutes.

Re-rides were allowed in the last hour and we essentially walked on twice.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, johnjniehaus said:

I was keeping an eye on a few different wait time websites today and saw that TT2 was averaging 90min-120min today. Was anyone there for opening day and if so were those accurate numbers?

The wait time posted in the park was 4 hours.  I do not know anyone who waited through it so no clue what the real wait was.

On the digital boards, I saw at most 120 minutes for standby. Fast Lane got to about 45 minutes throughout the weekend. 

The 4 hour wait I believe was from waiting outside of the actual queue in the temporary queue and down the midway. 

I will say 100% that the ride is worth the wait (though I wouldn't personally wait more than an hour of Fast Lane). 

Glad I rode it Friday now (5/10)

We did standby line just after 10 and waited 2 hours (we did get to skip ahead of the people going to the lockers at least). Surprised at how well the line moved. Later in the day we waited 90 minutes. Seemed like the Fast Lane line was in the 5-15 minutes range. There was one short delay Friday that I noticed but otherwise it seemed to run all day. Was closed Thursday because of wind/rain.

Honestly, aside from whatever technical issue they are dealing with, I think Zamperla pulled it off. I miss the powerful launch but it makes up for it with everything else. On my second ride, the train really flew over the top hat and you feel that airtime as soon as you make it to the top. There is shaking but its not some headache inducing vibration nor is it FoF level of of being tossed left and right. It's perfectly reasonable.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DoomPlague said:

Glad I rode it Friday now (5/10)

We did standby line just after 10 and waited 2 hours (we did get to skip ahead of the people going to the lockers at least). Surprised at how well the line moved. Later in the day we waited 90 minutes. Seemed like the Fast Lane line was in the 5-15 minutes range. There was one short delay Friday that I noticed but otherwise it seemed to run all day. Was closed Thursday because of wind/rain.

Honestly, aside from whatever technical issue they are dealing with, I think Zamperla pulled it off. I miss the powerful launch but it makes up for it with everything else. On my second ride, the train really flew over the top hat and you feel that airtime as soon as you make it to the top. There is shaking but its not some headache inducing vibration nor is it FoF level of of being tossed left and right. It's perfectly reasonable.

I wonder if the shaking is what they're working on

Seatbelt addition is the social media guess but adding seatbelts does not explain why extended testing would be necessary.

I'm guessing it's vibration fatigue Issue.  Modifying or adding parts would be a design change to the new trains and would require extensive testing.

The news is frustrating for many, but going from glass is half-full: CP & Zamperla must be doing extensive testing to provide the safest experience for guests.

I just like the fact that it was operational for previews and all of opening weekend. Better IMO to open when you say it will than not. Yes, it's frustrating that it's not open right now. As a ride, I think it's more reliable than it's predecessor was up to this point.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, silver2005 said:

Considering that both CP's and Zamperla's reputations are on the line for TT2, I imagine anything like this will be quite thorough.  

Cp don't care bout throwing any company under the bus.  Wouldn't surprise me if cf sues zamperla down the road even though cf cheaped out and went with zamperla.

19 minutes ago, Coastercrush said:

Cp don't care bout throwing any company under the bus.  Wouldn't surprise me if cf sues zamperla down the road even though cf cheaped out and went with zamperla.

CP was the one that chose to reboot TT2, so of course they're on the hook regardless of who built it.  The TTD incident is still pretty fresh.  

6 minutes ago, Tr0y said:

It appears Zamperla will be joining RMC and Intamin on CF’s “naughty list”:

https://www.screamscape.com/html/cedar_point.htm

IMG_4190.jpeg

It's Screamscape though. I take anything they put out there with a grain of salt. Weren't they the ones who started the Kumba and Ride of Steel getting removed rumors that the perspective parks immediately shot down? 

• Like 4

I don’t really trust Screamscape.  This might be true or it’s complete garbage.  That they are throwing dates out but unwilling to discus the actual problem is weird, if anything it should be the other way around.

I will say this, the rumor I have heard is the train is rubbing the LSM stators.  I have also seen pictures of the stators with tape on them and dates stating when it was taped.  Which suggests to me they are looking for evidence that the train is striking the stators.  They are not cheap and the train should never touch them.  No clue if it’s an alignment issue or a problem with the train moving around too much.

That’s my best guess as to what’s going on.  Might be totally wrong, and maybe even there is more than one problem.  Not going to try to claim when it might reopen, who knows.

ELTORO RYAN's recent video really seemed to indicate, without explicitly saying, its an issue with the wheels. In the video he keeps saying "I cant say what I know but I have information from a reliable source" while showing multiple close up shots of the train's wheels. 

I would imagine that the Coastermania itinerary Q&A session will be updated for a different speaker given TT2’s current technical issue, but will see.

7:00 – 8:00 PM: Q&A Session

A conversation and Q&A about Top Thrill 2 featuring Mike Maney, VP of Maintenance and Construction