Snoopy's Soap Box Racers & Camp Snoopy Reviews

I rode Soap Box Racers for the first time today. It packed more of a punch than I was expecting! Great ride for kids. Ps: still in the park, waiting for a pop up thunderstorm to pass so I can get a back row ride on Mystic Timbers. Things are otherwise going good at Kings Island today.

• Like 2

That is theming I can get behind!!  Also, after watching POVs ov both, I can see why HW demanded the "First open" clause, because instead of "Good Gravy" that thing is "weak sauce" in every way compared to SSBR.  I will know how well this runs either this coming Sunday, or July 14th.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IBEW_Sparky said:

That is theming I can get behind!!  Also, after watching POVs ov both, I can see why HW demanded the "First open" clause, because instead of "Good Gravy" that thing is "weak sauce" in every way compared to SSBR.  I will know how well this runs either this coming Sunday, or July 14th.

The gravy is too runny?:P

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Timchat2 said:

The Good Gravy queue is very impressive. So much detail to take in!

I am sad we only got 1 ride in on it today. Before we headed back to Thanksgiving again a storm rolled in. 

• Sad 1

Along with all the decor there are even subtle animated elements (like the spinning globe in the kids room) and sound effects in the different spaces. They really went above and beyond what the park has attempted before theme-wise.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Timchat2 said:

Along with all the decor there are even subtle animated elements (like the spinning globe in the kids room) and sound effects in the different spaces. They really went above and beyond what the park has attempted before theme-wise.

We had a subtly animated prop for a few days! RIP flagging snoopy. It was a good 5 days while it lasted. 

• Like 1

• Dane unfeatured this topic

In the latest update, many people on the KISP Facebook page are commenting about the smells in the play area.  Smells range from mildew to cat urine to sweat to dropped food to feet. One person claimed to see human stool!  The leading theory is that no sunlight doesn't allow it to dry out and things linger. However, I take the cat urine smell with a grain of salt.  Many people there also claim the landscape bushes also smell of cat urine...all over the park! :)

1 hour ago, CoastersRZ said:

The flag waving Snoopy was moving when I was at the park yesterday...

But did he get a new flag? You would think something like that would come with at least a 90 day warranty to get the flag replaced. 

• Like 2

I finally got to ride Snoopy’s Soap Box Racers a few weeks ago and it’s a really fun ride! Very smooth. I really like the log cabin station. I don’t know if it was just me but I did get a little dizzy going backwards but it wasn’t too bad. Great addition!

• Like 1

On 7/7/2024 at 8:29 AM, Orion742 said:

I finally got to ride Snoopy’s Soap Box Racers a few weeks ago and it’s a really fun ride! Very smooth. I really like the log cabin station. I don’t know if it was just me but I did get a little dizzy going backwards but it wasn’t too bad. Great addition!

I actually noticed a little bit of that myself on my last ride and I thought "I either have to be just a littttttttle dehydrated due to the heat OR this thing is really broken in nicely enough now to really get the full force of it". It could have been a little combination of both, but either way, still amazed at how Vekoma was able to make such a well-rounded family coaster that everyone of varying thrill levels can enjoy. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2024 at 2:32 PM, Timchat2 said:

Recently it occurred to me that the Charlie Brown car is the last car on the train, possibly a nod to how Charlie Brown always feeling like he comes in last.

it should have a picture of a football on it :lol:

• Haha 2

Picnic table quality in Beagles Scout Acres greatly reduced. Only on top of hill now. Only 2. Might be their way of cutting down on food spills. BENCHES folks. Just benches. Snoopy seems to now be officially dead on SoapBox. No movement still. 

• Like 2

On a different (related) note: I know I beat the park up a lot (only because I see so. Much. Potential that it frustrates me at times when they get so close and stop) But did chat with Koontz tonight when I bumped into him at Beagle Scout Acres as my 9 year old was running around (for like the 10th time). Told him I rolled my eyes last year when I saw this area was the big addition?!!?  But as proven by my kid running around - Playing tag with kids he’s never met, laughing and begging to stay even though Orion only has a 15 min wait??? They’ve tapped into something very needed. A place where kids can just be kids and play. He smiled and said, “thanks. I need to hear that”  I think the bad often outweighs the good they hear, so make sure you balance the narrative any way you can. 

• Like 9

On 7/24/2024 at 11:22 PM, brenthodge said:

On a different (related) note: I know I beat the park up a lot (only because I see so. Much. Potential that it frustrates me at times when they get so close and stop) But did chat with Koontz tonight when I bumped into him at Beagle Scout Acres as my 9 year old was running around (for like the 10th time). Told him I rolled my eyes last year when I saw this area was the big addition?!!?  But as proven by my kid running around - Playing tag with kids he’s never met, laughing and begging to stay even though Orion only has a 15 min wait??? They’ve tapped into something very needed. A place where kids can just be kids and play. He smiled and said, “thanks. I need to hear that”  I think the bad often outweighs the good they hear, so make sure you balance the narrative any way you can. 

Every time I go to ride SSBR, I see so many kids just having the time of their lives playing in the Beagle Scouts area.

• Like 5

I’m very curious as to why KI didn’t get a clone of the Racing Railway that Canada’s Wonderland has. This makes me wonder if the park might work with Vekoma on a “bigger” project down the road in a similar vein to what CP did when they decided to work with Zamperla for their two most recent coaster projects.

11 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I’m very curious as to why KI didn’t get a clone of the Racing Railway that Canada’s Wonderland has. This makes me wonder if the park might work with Vekoma on a “bigger” project down the road in a similar vein to what CP did when they decided to work with Zamperla for their two most recent coaster projects.

I hope that's the case, but we'll have to wait and see. Cedar Point hiring Zamperla for TT2 didn't really pan out too well, and I hope that doesn't shy Kings Island away from working with new manufacturers. Granted, Vekoma is a far more reliable manufacturer than Zamperla, so hopefully they're still on the table.

I rode Soap Box Racers the other day. I'm not the biggest fan of going backwards, but I figured that since it's a kiddie coaster, it wouldn't be bothersome.

I was wrong. It was a little more forceful than I expected, so I had to sit down and drink some ice water.

I enjoyed the ride and think it's an overall good addition...shame that they had to denude the log flume of more trees though. Things are fairly well themed, and hopefully will be kept up.

Beagle Scout Acres looks great and was packed with kids having lots of fun.  It filled a great need for the area.  It did have a noticeable smell though. I hope they can fix that.

• Like 1

• IndyGuy4KI unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, IBEW_Sparky said:

I was finally able to ride SSBR this past Saturday, and it is hilariously fun in both Snoopy car and Charlie Brown car.  So much so that, being an overgrown child myself at times, I rode it 5 times in the 7 hours I was in the park, lol.

It's a fun ride. 

• Like 2