2023 General Kings Island Discussion

BeeastFarmer

On 8/22/2023 at 7:35 PM, PKIDelirium said:

I hope they get back to Diamondback's repaint soon, I know Baynum is currently working on a VERY large structure at Cedar Point, but I really don't want to end up having the weather get too cold to complete it during this season...

Wish granted.

image.png

https://www.facebook.com/Baynumsolutions/posts/pfbid02mDFGpQZ5JXUCYWqW2gtAEoYySLogrqkgQJD4a815Ym7KgkUgj2uoLnDdai4aCiArl

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CoastersRZ said:

Some new paint on Viking Fury as seen tonight, September 1, 2023.

IMG_7664.jpeg

Glad you guys finally noticed it was getting a touch of paint. It started last week with small sections being painted, but now it's finally coming together! I worked at Drop Tower tonight so I couldn't see the new paint update, but these pics really look great. Looking forward to seeing it tomorrow evening. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, PKIDelirium said:

Huh. I've never noticed that gate on the exit path fence before. Is that from when they had a Haunt maze running through there?

That's been there since forever.  I recall seeing it used as early as the early 90s, probably late KECO era. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Orion13 said:

The park is currently experiencing a power outage. The line is very long because the metal detectors aren’t working.IMG_3204.jpeg

Edit: The metal detectors appear to have regained power. I haven’t seen any rides testing.

Duke Energy estimates a restoration time of 11:15a for outages covering part of the park.  They claim "something" came in contact with their power lines.  Could be fully back up and running before the map updates, or parts of the park/waterpark could still be out.

image.png

https://outagemap.duke-energy.com/#/current-outages/ohky

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I ALMOST headed to the park this morning for a couple of hours before heading home, I am glad I decided to forego that thought now after seeing this.  On the subject of yesterday, thank you to all of the ride crews for toughing out a hot and humid afternoon and putting in the extra effort to keep things moving quickly! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Orion13 said:

The park is currently experiencing a power outage. The line is very long because the metal detectors aren’t working.IMG_3204.jpeg

Edit: The metal detectors appear to have regained power. I haven’t seen any rides testing.

Oh did you not read the fine print?    **Park power availability is subject to change.** :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Orion742 said:

Wanted to give a shout out to the Banshee crew they have been killing it this weekend! Rolling those trains like I’ve never seen before on an invert!

The Banshee crew has impressed me so many times. I don’t visit the park as a guest much these days, but a while back I remember them consistently having a full train ready almost as soon as the lift hill was clear. It was amazing.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Snowball said:

The Banshee crew has impressed me so many times. I don’t visit the park as a guest much these days, but a while back I remember them consistently having a full train ready almost as soon as the lift hill was clear. It was amazing.

Even thought the ride experience isn’t as good with the vests compared to the old B&M restraints would be I think the vests make it easier to check restraints than the old B&M restraints.

2 hours ago, PKIDelirium said:

Any overall photos of the Diamondback paint lately? Having the train closed during Haunt season is a bummer for that.

I don’t know if they entire layout is finished because I’ve only ridden it lately at night but the first two airtime hills and turnaround are now 100% complete.

• Like 1