Three Planet/Camp Snoopy rides to change names for 2024

BoddaH1994

1 hour ago, beastfan11 said:

“Charlie Brown’s Rushing River Log Ride” sounds like a bathroom joke. 

One of the most unimaginative names that could have been picked...might as well stuck with "log ride." At least Race For Your Life Charlie Brown could have still fit the theme of "Camp Snoopy." 

2 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

Woodstock's Air Rail is a really cute name!

Really hoping that the attention on the flume marks the return of the vintage logos on the front of the logs. 

It is, but I think Air Mail would have been better with the "themed" description given.

I'm glad Franklin now has his own ride! :) But, Flying Beagles could have been a great name.

• Like 2

With some of the ride name changes over the years you can always tell what generation of KI's kids' area you grew up in. 

I will always remember Race for your life Charlie Brown as: Wild Thornberry's River Adventure

Flying Ace Ariel Chase as: Runaway Reptar

• Like 5

Not a huge fan of the name changes with the exception of Franklin Flyers (that one was good) We will now have Woodstock Express and Woodstock Air Rail (two Woodstock coasters...hmmm ok) and there was nothing wrong with the log flume name in relation to the area in my opinion 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, johnjniehaus said:

We will now have Woodstock Express and Woodstock Air Rail (two Woodstock coasters...hmmm ok)

I didn't realize that, not a huge fan of two Woodstock coasters with two completely different experiences....could you consider Woodstock Express to be a mail delivery theme too? I feel like they could have named it after another Peanuts Character. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnjniehaus said:

Not a huge fan of the name changes with the exception of Franklin Flyers (that one was good) We will now have Woodstock Express and Woodstock Air Rail (two Woodstock coasters...hmmm ok) and there was nothing wrong with the log flume name in relation to the area in my opinion 

At least they didn’t go with Woodstock Express 2. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I wonder if they changed RFYLCB due to people not knowing about the 1970s film and making negative assumptions.

I think that might be it. It’s also not super descriptive of what the ride is in that it sounds more like something you are running on. 

• Like 4

When I first saw the headline I panicked thinking Six Flags was already taking over names. Glad to hear they at least stuck with Peanuts themed, and just made it more "camp" styled. I wouldn't be opposed to redoing the entire section into a foresty/campground theme for kids.

• Like 2

Well^

I’m not trying to be conspiracy theorist here but….

With this announcement, the kids area is going to be nearly perfectly split into 2 halves. I know the Camp Snoopy theme ties into the Apple TV show and we also see this with Knott’s, but here’s my question: Why not go all the way with it?

It could simply be a budget thing to just update the back part of the kids area but for some reason this reminds of of what Paramount did in the 90s…but in reverse. In the 90s the back part of Hanna Barbera Land became Nickelodeon with both sections coexisting up until the Nickelodeon Universe rebrand.

With the upcoming merger of FUN and SIX, could the park be leaving the front part of the kids area open for a rebrand? Could we see “Bugs Bunny Boomtown” or “DC Superfriends” take over the “old” Planet Snoopy? Could we see Woodstock Express and Boo Blasters return to Scooby Doo IP?

IMG_6789.jpeg

If they overhauled the whole kids section I wouldn’t even bring this up, but the fact that they split the kids area into two halves leaves the possibility open for the the “older” section to be considered for a rebrand that doesn’t involve Peanuts LLC.

• Like 3

All of the ride pages have been updated with their new names, along with their name history. 

https://kicentral.com/rides/charlie-browns-rushing-river-log-ride/

https://kicentral.com/rides/woodstocks-air-rail/

https://kicentral.com/rides/franklins-flyers/

Timeline updated with the day they were announced. History in the making!!

https://kicentral.com/parkhistory/timeline/

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, PKIDelirium said:

I'm fine with Linus Launcher not being renamed...

But PLEASE PAINT IT SOMETHING NOT PURPLE. Even if it's just leftover paint from the Flying Ace job, make it fit in and not look absurd.

Hot pink? 

But yeah, 100% agree...always thought it was an odd color.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Well^

I’m not trying to be conspiracy theorist here but….

With this announcement, the kids area is going to be nearly perfectly split into 2 halves. I know the Camp Snoopy theme ties into the Apple TV show and we also see this with Knott’s, but here’s my question: Why not go all the way with it?

It could simply be a budget thing to just update the back part of the kids area but for some reason this reminds of of what Paramount did in the 90s…but in reverse. In the 90s the back part of Hanna Barbera Land became Nickelodeon with both sections coexisting up until the Nickelodeon Universe rebrand.

With the upcoming merger of FUN and SIX, could the park be leaving the front part of the kids area open for a rebrand? Could we see “Bugs Bunny Boomtown” or “DC Superfriends” take over the “old” Planet Snoopy? Could we see Woodstock Express and Boo Blasters return to Scooby Doo IP?

IMG_6789.jpeg

If they overhauled the whole kids section I wouldn’t even bring this up, but the fact that they split the kids area into two halves leaves the possibility open for the the “older” section to be considered for a rebrand that doesn’t involve Peanuts LLC.

The answer will probably be no.  Six Flags will keep their I.P. in their park, and Cedar Fair will keep their as well.  Also with Warner Brothers Discover crumbling down and probably go bankrupt.  Six Flags have to choose to keep their I.P. or move on.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Orion-XL200 said:

Hot pink? 

But yeah, 100% agree...always thought it was an odd color.

I mean, the purple kind of made sense when it was originally themed to Danny Phantom, but they didn't really change it much when they rethemed it to Linus Launchers.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WoodVengeance said:

I mean, the purple kind of made sense when it was originally themed to Danny Phantom, but they didn't really change it much when they rethemed it to Linus Launchers.

If they’re keeping the name I hope they at least put some work into painting it and maybe adding a bandana and a beagle scout hat to snoopy so it fits the theme more of the surrounding area.

• Like 1